Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Choices

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
I am currently on the fence about my companions, with the hard decision of whether to choose Kobe Yojimbo or Milo Graytail for my main swash companion. I am a level 13 Buccaneer, and I'm currently going with a two tank, (me and Peter Quint) one hammer, (either Kobe or Milo) and one ranged, (Bonnie Anne) setup. And when I make a decision, the eliminated companion is sentenced to a life of sailing, so I think you can understand why this is important.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
I am currently on the fence about my companions, with the hard decision of whether to choose Kobe Yojimbo or Milo Graytail for my main swash companion. I am a level 13 Buccaneer, and I'm currently going with a two tank, (me and Peter Quint) one hammer, (either Kobe or Milo) and one ranged, (Bonnie Anne) setup. And when I make a decision, the eliminated companion is sentenced to a life of sailing, so I think you can understand why this is important.
It's not as set as you may think. Later on the companion and their style of fighting will make a huge difference in how hard a fight will be so you will be shuffling them a great deal depending on who you will be facing. Just go with whoever helps best for the moment. It is easy enough to take one off of a task if you want to mix things up a bit.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Why is he sentenced to a life of Sailing? Why not try out one companion in the field while giving orders to the other companion and then switch companions positions and compare results?

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
@Chrissy
Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind.

@The Helpful Pirate
The main problem here is that I can't be constantly switching between the two, I just need to pick one and stick with it. Kobe is kind of drawing me, but it's a really question of Cheap Shot vs First Strike. I think the odds are in my favor with First Strike. Thanks for the idea anyhow.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
@Chrissy
Thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind.

@The Helpful Pirate
The main problem here is that I can't be constantly switching between the two, I just need to pick one and stick with it. Kobe is kind of drawing me, but it's a really question of Cheap Shot vs First Strike. I think the odds are in my favor with First Strike. Thanks for the idea anyhow.
What a shame, Milo is a great companion and deserves better than to be 'benched'. His promotions are fun. too. I would choose some other companion for permanent Sailin' duty.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
I'm on Kobe's side too, to be honest. He has tons of epics, not to mention when he promotes to his highest promotion he's very strong. He also has surprisingly high health and accuracy for a buccaneering tank.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Isn't he a swashbuckler? And yes, I just got his first promotion now. Riposte, First Strike, and Relentless in my pocket!