Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Housing Idea- Aerial views of our pirate homes!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I think it would be great if while outside our pirates' houses we could enter into an interactive aerial mode to see the landscape of the Island our house is on. And having the ability to zoom in/out and swing the camera around would be amazing! This way we could get a nice Skarakeet's-eye view of our homes from multiple angles and capture it with some incredible screenshots.

I have created a bit of a Statue, Welcoming Walkway that I would really like to get a screenshot of from above. I can get a better angle when entering 'decorate mode' but it would be so much better from even higher up. It would be nice to truly be able to see all of the hard work and detail that we put into decorating our pirate homes through amazing aerial views where we can swing the camera around to capture that perfect shot!

Just an idea, but I sure think it would add to the sense of pride we get from taking the time to dress up our homes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
I think it would be great if while outside our pirates' houses we could enter into an interactive aerial mode to see the landscape of the Island our house is on. And having the ability to zoom in/out and swing the camera around would be amazing! This way we could get a nice Skarakeet's-eye view of our homes from multiple angles and capture it with some incredible screenshots.

I have created a bit of a Statue, Welcoming Walkway that I would really like to get a screenshot of from above. I can get a better angle when entering 'decorate mode' but it would be so much better from even higher up. It would be nice to truly be able to see all of the hard work and detail that we put into decorating our pirate homes through amazing aerial views where we can swing the camera around to capture that perfect shot!

Just an idea, but I sure think it would add to the sense of pride we get from taking the time to dress up our homes.
Beautiful idea, Valkoor! I have a crow's nest on one of my houses, but this does not truly give a 360 degree view of the property.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Maybe some sort of clockwork bird, or a housing mount (like the bug in the Khrysalis house) that we actually get to do that with. We would be able to see through the birds. Sort of like- magical robot eyes?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Hmmm, like us being able to make our own Court Cam videos? I LOVE it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Beautiful idea, Valkoor! I have a crow's nest on one of my houses, but this does not truly give a 360 degree view of the property.
I bet it would be close if we just implemented the Crow's Nest glitch. Then we would have a much better view to shoot pictures, although we will not be able to get our pirate behind the camera for if you take a step you are sent back to ground level.

Commodore
May 31, 2009

Ooh, a birds-eye view of your massive collection of statues would be really cool. LOL I'd come to your house and take an aerial view screenshot if I could. Your house is super neat, Valkoor.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Hmmm, like us being able to make our own Court Cam videos? I LOVE it.
Yes, Yes, Yes- that's the ticket! Maybe we could call the house version of Court Cam....Hawkeye or Home Hawk- for nothing escapes a hawk's eye. Well, a lot seems to escape ol' Hawkules, but I don't think it has anything to do with his vision.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Ooh, a birds-eye view of your massive collection of statues would be really cool. LOL I'd come to your house and take an aerial view screenshot if I could. Your house is super neat, Valkoor.
Why thank you Misty. My house is a bit cluttered by my Statue Collection but I do think it would look really amazing from above. And I just added a few more statues to my collection. I hit the Bazaar early this morning and someone had the accidental kindness to sell me a Minotaur Statue. Oh, the wonderful things you stumble upon at the Bazaar!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Esperanza, I will have to try the crow's nest view from different places at my house, to see what kind of view I can get. But as Chrissy eluded to, I may have a tough time getting an unobstructed view for the aerial shots...and I'll have to watch my step. But I will give it a try and see what happens! A house cam sure would create some great angles, screenshots and house tour videos!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
darkdoombro345 on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Maybe some sort of clockwork bird, or a housing mount (like the bug in the Khrysalis house) that we actually get to do that with. We would be able to see through the birds. Sort of like- magical robot eyes?
I like your way of thinking darkdoombro. Maybe we could jump aboard our Gryphon or Pegasus mounts (or other flying ones) and capture some shots from above. Although, currently it is pretty much impossible to get a shot on a mount without a hoof, snout, talon or pair of legs dangling in front. Maybe we could enter a mounted mode when we get to our houses that takes away those obstructions and gives a clear view of the landscape- sounds good to me!