Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questions about Mark and Recall- not sure if a Bug

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
When using Mark, should it remain active until you Mark a new or different location? Sometimes it does and many times it doesn't.

I recently Marked outside of General Tso's Dungeon at Khotan Docks so that I could farm him, in between doing other things. Every time I come out of the dungeon (and others as well), my Mark is gone and if I don't think to Mark it again before I use the Skull Island or Avery's Transport Icons, I can not return there. Also, I often have to unload gear or hit the Morphing Tent to try a few Hybrid attempts. When I return back to Khotan by way of Recall, many times my mark is not there, so I have to remember to Mark again or lose it. It happens after going to my pirates Home and after teleporting to a Friend as well. After I Recall back to the Mark, it is not there any more. I have to carefully remember to Mark every time I come back to the dungeon or I will be off sailing again (not such a horrible thing, being a Pirate and all)

When I farmed Zeena recently the Mark pretty much always stayed there even when I hopped back in forth to my Home, Skull Island Avery's or teleported to a friend. But lately many locations (I think all have been in MooShu), a lot of times my mark won't stay marked.

I thought that the Mark was supposed to remain there until we chose another designated Mark, but I absolutely may have misunderstood or incorrectly assumed how the Mark/Recall system works.

So, Jack or Ratbeard- is our Mark supposed to stay put until we choose a new location for it? And/or could this possibly be a bug related to Mark/Recall?

Thank you for reading and for any reply. As always, I appreciate any help or info!

*** One other question, could it be possible for there to be a pop-up confirmation when you click on "Mark This Location". The only reason I ask is because many times in the heat of the moment, I and others, have accidently hit the Mark this Location button instead of the "Go to <Marked Location>" Icon and have lost our Marks. Or should I simply just try to be more careful? Just didn't know if it was something that could easily be done or not.

Thanks again!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I forgot to add that after logging into the game the Mark is no longer set as well. Every time, at least in the recent MooShu instances, I have to re-Mark as soon as I log in to make sure I don't lose my spot in the Spiral if I transport elsewhere. And then have to mark again after coming out of the dungeon(s) where the Mark was made initially.

Again not sure if this was intended but could either Jack, Ratbeard or another developer confirm if Mark should work this way or if your location should stay Marked until you choose another location and select Mark This Spot. Thanks a lot, just want to know so I can make sure to be more careful or to see if it needs to addressed.

Developer
Looks like a bug, but it's not one I have experienced. My Mark stays put.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Looks like a bug, but it's not one I have experienced. My Mark stays put.
Thanks Ratbeard, I thought it may have been a bug- but wasn't sure. I just recently marked outside of the Fire Guardian's Temple and went to Skull Island to sell a few things. When I Recalled back to the Mark, after the cool down had timed out, the Mark wasn't there. For some reason it has only happened (or at least I think) in MooShu, or at least outside of MooShu bosses near the sigils. While farming Zeena in Aquila it remained there, no matter where I went or teleported to and from.

These are the places I have seen the Mark remove itself from my presence: Maruzame Castle, outside Fire Guardian's Temple, Outside of Moo Manchu's Dungeon, Outside of General Tso's Dungeon and outside of Kirigi's Dungeon.

Just for your records, the Mark has been missing after Teleporting to Skull Island/Avery's Court and Recalling back, when I use the Teleport to Home button and return, when I teleport to a friend and back and when I go into the respective dungeons and come back out the Mark is gone. After doing any of those, I usually have to re-Mark or I can't return if I teleport anywhere else. Also occasionally the Mark is gone when I log on, but again it seems to have been only in MooShu- to the best of my knowledge.

I can surely work around it as long as I just remember to look for it and notice when it is missing. Just wanted to let your team know, in case it was a bug.

Thanks again!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Valkoor, I've had a similar, but different issue. The mark feature will occasionally mark without me telling it too. Typically this happens when fast travelling (fountain, skull Island, etc). One time I remembered it happening without travelling. Two of my characters have been outside of Central Core for weeks (I was farming there before the Advanced pets update). They stayed there while doing daily companion tasks or pet training. For days there was no mark spot. Then one day, a mark was set automatically (I thought it was either logging in or logging out that triggered it). That happened a couple of weeks ago, so do I not have any more specific data that I can remember, but I clearly remember it being an odd occurrence.

It was such an odd occurrence, that even before your post, I have been watching the mark/recall buttons for any actions that might be initiating this strange but rare event.

Developer
Hold up, that's different! You said it before and I completely glossed over it.

When you recall back to the Mark, it resets. That's by design.

You can place a Mark, and do all sorts of things (including log out) and that Mark will stay put until you use it to recall back.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
So, a Mark will stay put even if we log in or out, and it only moves if we mark a new location while we have another marked. And when you recall to the Mark, it will reset. Did I get that right?

I haven't had any problems with Mark and Recall so far, but I find it bothersome that the system will automatically mark your location (if there isn't a Mark set already) if you teleport to Skull Island or your home.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Oran from Urz on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Valkoor, I've had a similar, but different issue. The mark feature will occasionally mark without me telling it too. Typically this happens when fast travelling (fountain, skull Island, etc). One time I remembered it happening without travelling. Two of my characters have been outside of Central Core for weeks (I was farming there before the Advanced pets update). They stayed there while doing daily companion tasks or pet training. For days there was no mark spot. Then one day, a mark was set automatically (I thought it was either logging in or logging out that triggered it). That happened a couple of weeks ago, so do I not have any more specific data that I can remember, but I clearly remember it being an odd occurrence.

It was such an odd occurrence, that even before your post, I have been watching the mark/recall buttons for any actions that might be initiating this strange but rare event.
That is rather peculiar Oran from Urz! I haven't had anything like that happen yet, at least I don't think so. Having a Mark feature with a mind of it's own is definitely odd. I will have to keep my eyes peeled to see if I can capture the same kind of thing. Keep us posted it you notice it happen again.

My biggest problem with Mark/Recall (which is totally self induced) is that sometimes when I have a lot going on like training pets, collecting from companion tasks, morphing, chatting with multiple friends or porting to friends, I accidently hit the Mark button instead of Recall when I am away from where my original Mark was and I lose that original Mark. But that's just a case of me not paying close enough attention or being in a bit of a hurry. If the Mark button had a quick confirmation Yar/Nar it would help prevent the accident from happening.....well, so could me being more careful for that matter.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Hold up, that's different! You said it before and I completely glossed over it.

When you recall back to the Mark, it resets. That's by design.

You can place a Mark, and do all sorts of things (including log out) and that Mark will stay put until you use it to recall back.
Well that certainly would explain a lot then.

So, what you are saying is that every time you Recall back to your Mark, you have to Mark that same spot again, if you wish to keep that location safe? And that you can't just Mark and farm a spot, hop around in the Spiral, Recall back and then port around some more and expect to come back to your originally Marked farming spot? Then I was absolutely using the system the wrong way. I guess I was use to some other Mark/Recall features from other RPG games that once you Mark a spot, it will always stay marked until you mark a new spot- even if you come and go many times to and from many places. Hey, who knew that actually knowing the right system would make it so much easier to use.

I will surely be more careful and make sure I keep on Marking. Thank you for the clarification and the much needed info- I'm figuring it all out eventually....even if I have to ask the most obvious questions. By George I think I've got it.

Oh, should you have to re-Mark after you come out of a dungeon, if outside of the dungeon was were your original Mark was? If not, I could have sworn that sometimes I had to keep re-Marking after I came out of Gen. Tso's Dungeon......WHOAH! WHOAH! WHOAH! Scratch that, I just had a revelation as I was typing that- those times were indeed times that I used the Recall button to shortcut it back to the sigil- which falls perfectly in line with your explanation of how it is designed to work.NOTE- I was going to delete that initial part, but I just wanted you to see that you absolutely knew what you were talking about, there's your proof in case there's ever a doubt!

Thanks again!