Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Surprise Party For Blind Mew Aftermath

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well The Hoodoo Master's surprise party was full of surprises. My last post on his party thread gave my best clue as to who the party was for as I can now finally "Let the CAT out of the bag" Sure enough that cat is our very own beloved Blind Mew. Yesterday June 19 is the two year anniversary of his first post on these forums. The Hoodoo Master, or as we know him Felix had been planning this party for quite some time and it was a blast.
I agreed to help him out with translation and message giving as Felix is menu chat only along with me being the official photographer, I was busier than a Ostrich without his peg leg in an Armada kicking contest. I was so busy going back and forth giving and receiving messages and darting around getting screenshots that I missed almost all chat that was going on so I am counting on you Marauders to fill us in on what was said.
The first surprise was our very own One-Eyed Jack making a gracious appearance at the party. Then Jack surprised us all by introducing the guest of honor who we had been told could not attend the party. Blind Mew himself graced his party with a visit as his pirate Little Jack Burton. The delighted Marauders showered him with well wishes and of course lots of questions but you know the phrase "That would be telling" played a key factor.
A HUGE crowd of Marauders attended the party and I will never remember all who came. A couple I remember was Sam Underhill and his sidekick Anne Radcliffe , CDE Winter aka Red Scarlet, Jack Nightingale aka Spartacus32, Fearless Talon Lewis, Quick Pearl, Fearless Robert Spencer, Cat Agate, Ruthless Alura Bristol, Honest Abe, Morgan and a late but very welcome Valkoor The Victorious. There were many others but I cannot remember them all. Please Post below your memories of the party.
Special thanks to One-Eyed Jack for the wonderful Mega Pet treat code given to the party goers in honor of Blind Mew.
We had lots of fun touring each other's houses and Jack Nightingale aka Spartacus32 showed us his awesome crow's nest glitch and had us Marauders floating all over the skies of his Buccaneer house. We also did some battling in Beachhead in honor of Blind Mew as Marleybone is his favorite place in the skyways. We gave em what for for ya Mew. The party was an awesome fun time and very fitting to honor such an awesome writer of this wonderful game. We honored you with lots of fun Sir Mew. Many Congratulations to you for your post-a-versary.
Of course I made and album of lots of pictures of the wonderful fun we had at the party. Here is the link.
Many thanks goes to Felix The Hoodoo Master for throwing a wonderful party.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Wow that sounds so fun I wish I could have been there. The strong community in this game make it one of the best around. I am so glad the party was such a hit because Blind Mew really deserves it since he has to put up with us and our questions all the time. Thanks again Blind Mew for all of your hard work and well done Chrissy and Hoodoo Master for setting up such a wonderful time to show people's appreciation.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Well The Hoodoo Master's surprise party was full of surprises. My last post on his party thread gave my best clue as to who the party was for as I can now finally "Let the CAT out of the bag" Sure enough that cat is our very own beloved Blind Mew. Yesterday June 19 is the two year anniversary of his first post on these forums. The Hoodoo Master, or as we know him Felix had been planning this party for quite some time and it was a blast.
I agreed to help him out with translation and message giving as Felix is menu chat only along with me being the official photographer, I was busier than a Ostrich without his peg leg in an Armada kicking contest. I was so busy going back and forth giving and receiving messages and darting around getting screenshots that I missed almost all chat that was going on so I am counting on you Marauders to fill us in on what was said.
The first surprise was our very own One-Eyed Jack making a gracious appearance at the party. Then Jack surprised us all by introducing the guest of honor who we had been told could not attend the party. Blind Mew himself graced his party with a visit as his pirate Little Jack Burton. The delighted Marauders showered him with well wishes and of course lots of questions but you know the phrase "That would be telling" played a key factor.
A HUGE crowd of Marauders attended the party and I will never remember all who came. A couple I remember was Sam Underhill and his sidekick Anne Radcliffe , CDE Winter aka Red Scarlet, Jack Nightingale aka Spartacus32, Fearless Talon Lewis, Quick Pearl, Fearless Robert Spencer, Cat Agate, Ruthless Alura Bristol, Honest Abe, Morgan and a late but very welcome Valkoor The Victorious. There were many others but I cannot remember them all. Please Post below your memories of the party.
Special thanks to One-Eyed Jack for the wonderful Mega Pet treat code given to the party goers in honor of Blind Mew.
We had lots of fun touring each other's houses and Jack Nightingale aka Spartacus32 showed us his awesome crow's nest glitch and had us Marauders floating all over the skies of his Buccaneer house. We also did some battling in Beachhead in honor of Blind Mew as Marleybone is his favorite place in the skyways. We gave em what for for ya Mew. The party was an awesome fun time and very fitting to honor such an awesome writer of this wonderful game. We honored you with lots of fun Sir Mew. Many Congratulations to you for your post-a-versary.
Of course I made and album of lots of pictures of the wonderful fun we had at the party. Here is the link.
a few things
1 best... party... ever, I thank Felix for making it happen
2 if you look at the pictures im the armada one. ( note to self don't dress up like a armada for a party)
3 I was there for almost five hours (close but not quite) and I can say the whole time I was there it was a blast!
I seriously cant wait for another party to see you all in one place again! on the note of what I remember most would be not the crows nest (I remember it well) but when it dwindled down to just a few of us, only then I could tell what was going on it eventually just came to me pearl and Anne then me and pearl then me pearl and Anne then I had to leave, but I remember it because even though I didn't get anything good (as usual) I still had a fun time at beachhead (a few laughs to...)

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Well,I've sent Jack and Mew an email with my thanks,but the marauders certainly deserve to see it.

Dear One Eyed Jack,

The party was a huge success,I am glad that you and Mew were there to see it.I enjoyed every moment of it.I mean,I could see you were overwhelmed by the many players who just had to shake your hand.I am honored to have danced with One Eyed Jack,and to have hosted a party with such amazing guests.

There were,actually many components to the event.The first is Blind Mew,who weaved the webs that we so much enjoyed hopping on.In his name,the party was celebrated,and his appearance was more than welcome and way more than awesome.The next component was Chrissy,who was the best co-host ever.Even though I'm menu chat,I could still talk to people and hear what you all had to say.The third component was One Eyed Jack,because he was the one who executed everything that I could not and brought the enjoyment to new heights.The fourth component was me,I decided to throw a party for Mew and make this a holiday.But the last and single most important component,the one that fuels all the others,are the players themselves,who enjoy Mew's work,an got keep him writing ,who showed up at the party,not knowing who it was for,just coming to honor someone,who they know that they appreciate.And these same players threw a couple of gold coins into Blind Mew's cup,only to have him materialize,with his regards.And joyfully did he bless us all.

Actually,I got a Rank 10 Pet snack as a Blind Mew day gift from Blind Mew himself!After you guys left,we all went visiting houses,and after a while of doing that,we further honored Blind Mew by doing Beachhead.Marleybone is the old cat's favorite world,Beachhead is the central instance there,makes sense.But wow,all those players,all those chat bubbles,the excitement,the joy...

Hopefully we'll be able to do this again next year.And by then,surely,Mew may recover from the shock of this party...

Yours truly,Noble Felix Yellowfish.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Did anyone catch all the hints I scattered here.
There's one in each post that I made,and a couple in the posts Chrissy made.Though,not every.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
great photos chrissy! man i wish i've stayed to see that flying glitch and in case of your wondering my sister did awesome at her play!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Well Chrissy, Felix, OEJ, Mister Mew and fellow Marauders- I sure wish that I could have made it to this amazing party. As Chrissy stated (in a bit of a understatement) I did show up veeeerrrrry late to the party. My son had his Baseball Trophy Banquet moved up from Saturday, and being one of the coaches, I just had to be there for him and the other kids that I have enjoyed coaching so much this year. By the time it was over and I got the babies to bed, I was logging in after 9:30 EST (some 3 1/2 hours after the party kicked off).

But I so wish that I could have seen the mass of Marauders that assembled to pay tribute and honor Blind Mew and to have finally met One-Eyed Jack (I always seem to miss the parties that he makes it too). It sounds as if it was a Party of Epic Proportions and I sure am sorry for missing the main event. I did however get to hang out with the hostess with the mostest for a while and with Quick Pearl and Virtuous Dante Ramses. And Chrissy was kind enough to successfully morph her Not so Great White Shark with me, since the Marleybone Sly Foxes wouldn't hand one over to me.

Unfortunately I missed so many of you at the party, but I greatly look forward to the next Spiral Shindig. And Felix, awesome job conjuring up the idea for the party and pushing for it to happen- seems you truly are a Hoodoo Master. You surely had a super host and with all of the Message Board Marauders there, absolutely the best company the Spiral has to offer.

Well, great job everyone for coming out and showing your support for Blind Mew, OEJ, KI and each other. You all should be very proud.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
warrior021u on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
great photos chrissy! man i wish i've stayed to see that flying glitch and in case of your wondering my sister did awesome at her play!
Thank you kindly. Actually I was. I am glad she did well. Drama of that sort is so fun.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
warrior021u on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
don't worry since everybody wanted more (man I was setting up rides so much I barely got a chance) I think I might set it up at the next party (if they don't fix it)

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Why do I always miss these parties >.<
Congrats for those that managed to go :/

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
I sincerely hope that everyone who was at the party enjoyed every moment of it,I know I did.Blind Mew has our thanks.Hopefully,you and Jack enjoyed the party.Valkoor,too bad I missed you,but I can't run around the Spiral with you at 3:00 AM,you understand.Chrissy,I'm sure you enjoyed it despite all the busyness,we 'll simplify it next time.Jack(Nightingale),next time don't dress up as a clockwork.Valencia and Marleybone are at war and Mew is most likely Marleybonean,considering he's a cat who may work for special branch.He may be pretty hostile towards clockworks.Talon,hope you enjoyed attacking Kai with jelly beans and meeting new people.I could just say nice things to everyone,but,not enough characters.Thank you all for the party,my head is still spinning with vertigo of the party.Odds are I won't forget this.Hopefully,we may get a mention, in the Newsletter*nod**nod**wink**wink*

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I wish didn't miss that there party....*sigh* oh well glad ye all had fun.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
Why do I always miss these parties >.<
Congrats for those that managed to go :/
Keep in mind,Blind Mew day is a yearly celebration!It celebrates the moment Blind Mew decided to begin interacting with us.Actually,if you mark your calendar and clear your schedule,you will probably be able to come to Blind Mew Day 2015.And while I certainly cannot(and I certainly will not) guarantee that Blind Mew will come to the party on 2015,and there may be less suspense than the surprise party stuff that I set up, it will still be fun.See you at Blind Mew Day 2015 .

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Er... rather late in replying, (it has been a surprisingly busy summer so far), but I do want to chime in and say thank you Felix, for organizing the party and carefully keeping up reminders, and especially, thank you Blind Mew and One-Eyed Jack for taking time out of your busy day to come and greet some of your players. We were very much honored by your presence, and I say that with absolute sincerity. It was a lovely thing to be able to deliver our thanks and compliments in person (as it were) , and again feel the personal interest KingsIsle has not only in its games, but also in its players.