Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New buff powers adjustment question

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ok I have a couple of questions about the update. It states:
"The main ability buffs will now buff all allies on your team who use that ability, regardless of range, and they will continue to buff anybody standing adjacent to the caster. We hope you find these powers more useful with this little tweak. Note, this does not affect the Juju line of powers."

Does this mean that everyone helping the pirate will get the new range or just everyone on his particular crew? And I am curious too, Why did Juju buffs not get the boosted range too, as it is the best buff for giving each person just what they need?
Also: What are the "Main ability buffs" I am not sure which ones you mean.
Granted I may figure this out as I continue to help out others but I am curious as to what wonderful new way you guys have chosen to help us with.
Thanks, in advance, for the clarifications.

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
  1. It means that anyone standing next to you AND anyone who does damage with that specific ability, regardless of range, is affected by the buff.
  2. I'd imagine it would be too overpowered.
  3. The Main Ability Buffs are the Buccaneers' Strength Buffs, the Musketeers' Agility Buffs, and the Privateers' Will Buffs.
Hope this helps.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Admiral on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
  1. It means that anyone standing next to you AND anyone who does damage with that specific ability, regardless of range, is affected by the buff.
  2. I'd imagine it would be too overpowered.
  3. The Main Ability Buffs are the Buccaneers' Strength Buffs, the Musketeers' Agility Buffs, and the Privateers' Will Buffs.
Hope this helps.
Thank you, it sure does. I also read a great article on the Duelist 101 that was helpful.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Like the Admiral pointed out, I assume Juju was not included since it buffs three stats (AGI, WILL, STR). All the others that received the extended range usually only buff one of them.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Rallying Call and Steadying Speech, both are Privateer Will buffs, do not work on all squares even though there is not supposed to be a distance limitation, according to the Power card. Be careful when using if your group is not all around the caster. It may or may not work.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oran from Urz on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
Like the Admiral pointed out, I assume Juju was not included since it buffs three stats (AGI, WILL, STR). All the others that received the extended range usually only buff one of them.
It only buffs one per companion. It just picks the one that is best utilized by that person or companion, based on what weapon they have.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
It only buffs one per companion. It just picks the one that is best utilized by that person or companion, based on what weapon they have.
Correct. I meant it buffs three stats, not just one like the others. In other words, if Juju was included there would be no penalty at all since all companions have a primary stat. Since Juju buffs all three stats (but only gives one to the primary stat) every companion would receive a buff at an extended range. That only works with the other buffs if your companions are all the same class.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oran from Urz on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
Correct. I meant it buffs three stats, not just one like the others. In other words, if Juju was included there would be no penalty at all since all companions have a primary stat. Since Juju buffs all three stats (but only gives one to the primary stat) every companion would receive a buff at an extended range. That only works with the other buffs if your companions are all the same class.
Exactly Hence my point. It would be way cool to be able to buff the whole crew with just what they need. Guess I am just in privateer overdrive. I do concede that if that happened then once again there would be no need to use the other buffs if you could manage to have a Juju on hand. I do love it that once again I am using those single power buffs again and they have some effect even if they delay showing up until later in the fight. I have seen again and again that powers in the number one and two slot may still not show up until the forth or fifth round. Nothing if for certain in the spiral. (With the exception of good friends and lots of fun. )