Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tips for Scylla

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
I'm a level 65 Swashbuckler who wants to finish the game in time for the new world, and yet there is one problem I'm having trouble with. Scylla.

I'm an able ship captain, at nautical level 42. (I guess I've been neglecting my nautical leveling. Pity.) I use a Marleybone Galleon equipped with the Horn of the Gorgon, Resplendent Enameled Cannons, 1rst Rater Light Armor, August Electrum Anchor, Tridented Rudder, Commodore's Sails, Laquered Electrum Wheel, and the Scooped Prow. The powers my ship has are Medusa, Sirens, the Careening healing token and Benediction.

I'd love it if I could get some tips on how to solo Scylla so that I can complete Aquila.

Scarlet Freeman, level 65 Swashbuckler
Alura Windlass, level 24 Witchdoctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Scarlet Freeman on Nov 21, 2013 wrote:
I'm a level 65 Swashbuckler who wants to finish the game in time for the new world, and yet there is one problem I'm having trouble with. Scylla.

I'm an able ship captain, at nautical level 42. (I guess I've been neglecting my nautical leveling. Pity.) I use a Marleybone Galleon equipped with the Horn of the Gorgon, Resplendent Enameled Cannons, 1rst Rater Light Armor, August Electrum Anchor, Tridented Rudder, Commodore's Sails, Laquered Electrum Wheel, and the Scooped Prow. The powers my ship has are Medusa, Sirens, the Careening healing token and Benediction.

I'd love it if I could get some tips on how to solo Scylla so that I can complete Aquila.

Scarlet Freeman, level 65 Swashbuckler
Alura Windlass, level 24 Witchdoctor
Try reading This thread, there are some great tips on it.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 22, 2013 wrote:
Try reading This thread, there are some great tips on it.
Thank you. I had read that previously, and I have to admit, it helped a little the first time. (Always the worst battle for me. I never know what to expect.) When I went back through it though I picked up a few more tips and tricks. It never fails to amaze me at how much more you pick up reading something the second time through.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Scarlet Freeman on Nov 25, 2013 wrote:
Thank you. I had read that previously, and I have to admit, it helped a little the first time. (Always the worst battle for me. I never know what to expect.) When I went back through it though I picked up a few more tips and tricks. It never fails to amaze me at how much more you pick up reading something the second time through.
That is why I love reading a good book over and over. I always notice something new each time.

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
if u want to beat the scylla u need a aqilla skiff fully upgraded with the best armor and powers but your natical is 42 so u wouldn't be able to upgrade the ship very well u should at least have a natical level that are about in the 50's so u can by the horn of the frost gorgon or that marleybone storm horn what ever it's called i already beated aqilla i'm just wating for new world

Privateer Level 65

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
treasurelover224 on Nov 28, 2013 wrote:
if u want to beat the scylla u need a aqilla skiff fully upgraded with the best armor and powers but your natical is 42 so u wouldn't be able to upgrade the ship very well u should at least have a natical level that are about in the 50's so u can by the horn of the frost gorgon or that marleybone storm horn what ever it's called i already beated aqilla i'm just wating for new world

Privateer Level 65
This could be very useful for many pirates. For myself, personally, I chose to use a fully boosted Marleybonian Galleon, as stated in the topic, because I have little patience for nautical level farming. (Even my crew has started to notice this. )

With the tips posted on the topic provided by Chrissy I managed to get by, although not without a dent in my Mojo potions. I'll admit, going through that topic a second time did wonders for my performance. I learned that I should have stayed out of range of at least one of the Scylla heads, which I hadn't done previously. (Even though I had read that tip. The things that my mind convinces me that I can do are amazing.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Scarlet Freeman on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
This could be very useful for many pirates. For myself, personally, I chose to use a fully boosted Marleybonian Galleon, as stated in the topic, because I have little patience for nautical level farming. (Even my crew has started to notice this. )

With the tips posted on the topic provided by Chrissy I managed to get by, although not without a dent in my Mojo potions. I'll admit, going through that topic a second time did wonders for my performance. I learned that I should have stayed out of range of at least one of the Scylla heads, which I hadn't done previously. (Even though I had read that tip. The things that my mind convinces me that I can do are amazing.)
Yea I have been farming them for some different sails and I haven't had to use a potion yet. I highly recommend biting the cannon ball and joining a nautical XP party and get yourself an Eagle Galleon. It is much more fun to farm it that way.

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
to scarlet freeman thanks for the yar it's my first yar thanks very much oh and what galleon is it the one from the crown shop or the one u buy with gold because the crown shop one is like a aqilla skiff because the crown shop one is level 57 and a aqilla skiff is level 58 and the one u buy with gold is level 54 oh and whats your pirate101 name so we could meet somewere to be friends.

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
That topic might have helped me when I went through it X.x. I rushed in cannons blazing. I was lucky I had my Aquila Galleon even so...shooting without a sense of strategy was difficult (however fulfilling) and I managed it somehow. The only REAL problem I had was the crew battles. What was up with those demon crabs!? I am so fortunate my avatar is amazing at dodging. I did have to burn through a mojo potion though. Aw well! All's well that ends well!

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
treasurelover224 on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
to scarlet freeman thanks for the yar it's my first yar thanks very much oh and what galleon is it the one from the crown shop or the one u buy with gold because the crown shop one is like a aqilla skiff because the crown shop one is level 57 and a aqilla skiff is level 58 and the one u buy with gold is level 54 oh and whats your pirate101 name so we could meet somewere to be friends.
No problem, those were some very good tips you posted for fighting Scylla.

I bought the Marleybonian Galleon from a ship vendor in the Isle of Dogs, so I bought my ship with gold.

My Pirate101 name(s) are the Sarcastic Scarlet Freeman and Reckless Alura Windlass. (Those are my two permanent pirates at least, my other ones change from time to time.) On Scarlet I can usually be found in Aquila, farming for gold. Alura goes with her quests and she's currently in Port Regal, usually Avery realm, if you want to meet up some time.

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
Scarlet Freeman on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
No problem, those were some very good tips you posted for fighting Scylla.

I bought the Marleybonian Galleon from a ship vendor in the Isle of Dogs, so I bought my ship with gold.

My Pirate101 name(s) are the Sarcastic Scarlet Freeman and Reckless Alura Windlass. (Those are my two permanent pirates at least, my other ones change from time to time.) On Scarlet I can usually be found in Aquila, farming for gold. Alura goes with her quests and she's currently in Port Regal, usually Avery realm, if you want to meet up some time.
how about we meet up on saturday at captain gunn's realm in nova aqilla at 3:00 or what you want i don't know

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
treasurelover224 on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
how about we meet up on saturday at captain gunn's realm in nova aqilla at 3:00 or what you want i don't know
I can meet you there. :)

Ensign
Mar 18, 2013
To pass the scylla, you have all the ship equipment full. Each Scylla has a type, Earth, Ice, Fire, and life.

Ensign
Mar 18, 2013
When you defeat each scylla's, the others get weaker. How? Obviously each still has same amount of power from the start. But when you defeat THREE of them, the last one will get stonger, because you see t black mojo mist.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
David5686 on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
When you defeat each scylla's, the others get weaker. How? Obviously each still has same amount of power from the start. But when you defeat THREE of them, the last one will get stonger, because you see t black mojo mist.
And that they did. I guess I'm just lucky enough I remembered to fill up my Mojo Potions before the start of the battle. Lol

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
Scarlet Freeman on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
And that they did. I guess I'm just lucky enough I remembered to fill up my Mojo Potions before the start of the battle. Lol
I never forget my mojo potions in fact when i go into hard battle i always remember to have el toro as my first mate even though he's bad with health he still has the damage of ten men. i have him already on level 65 to always be ready for any battle.

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I tried several different ships that were no match for the Scylla. I need a more powerful ship, a higher nautical level, or better ship attacks (All I really have are chain shots, ice attacks, and a wheel that does NOTHING!!!)

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
You don't NEED an of Aquila's ships. I have a Mooshu Galleon and it works just fine. I do need to have all 3 potions though. The main thing to do is don't get caught up in the heat of battle. Always take a second after your attacks to go down onto the ships main level and clean up the tokens. The tokens turn into Scyalla spawn, and if there are a lot of them, it's game over.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
truesaviorofthespi... on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
join in other people's ship battles
That won't work for Scylla. You can only have one ship unbottled at a time in that dungeon. Normally that is great advice but this dungeon is different.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Mark Laveer on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
I tried several different ships that were no match for the Scylla. I need a more powerful ship, a higher nautical level, or better ship attacks (All I really have are chain shots, ice attacks, and a wheel that does NOTHING!!!)
What nautical level are you? The lowest ship I have heard that can tackle it is the Marleybone Galleon. Can you get that one?

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I defeated Scylla solo with a level 60 Aquilian Galleon with equipment as powerful as you can equip. Also for the demon crab battle I was level 65 and my crew was level 62-64. So yes I was powerful at the time. Also it seemed that the crabs are weak against hoodoo. Old Scratch seemed to hurt them a lot or any type of witchdoctor. Make sure you protect them though. Heal often.

Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DrParrot on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
You don't NEED an of Aquila's ships. I have a Mooshu Galleon and it works just fine. I do need to have all 3 potions though. The main thing to do is don't get caught up in the heat of battle. Always take a second after your attacks to go down onto the ships main level and clean up the tokens. The tokens turn into Scyalla spawn, and if there are a lot of them, it's game over.
The Good Dr has a great point here. Once you take out a head, back off and let your ship heal, the head will not heal and come back. Once you have healed up, then inch in and take out another one, then back off and heal again. Once that green cloud shows up, be careful and stay far away from it. Once the last head is gone, once again back off and 'Tab' in to clear your ship of all the tokens. Now you are ready for the cloud. Jump back into the wheel and take it on.

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
The Good Dr has a great point here. Once you take out a head, back off and let your ship heal, the head will not heal and come back. Once you have healed up, then inch in and take out another one, then back off and heal again. Once that green cloud shows up, be careful and stay far away from it. Once the last head is gone, once again back off and 'Tab' in to clear your ship of all the tokens. Now you are ready for the cloud. Jump back into the wheel and take it on.
Right after i sold all my housing items for a aqilla skiff then i get that you can just back up your ship and heal i should have just kept the marleybone galleon it was a nice big ship that looked cool it made me look like a real royal navy officer.I could have also waited for the haunted galleon witch i sold for a aqilla galleon level 65 wasn't a good idea.