Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday - Side Activities?

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hello my Pirate friends! hows ya doin’? What’s the hops? Gathering any good loot lately? How’s the Crew? Ahh, look at me, jib-jabbering away, so many questions I have, and don’t mind if I bend your ear yet again for another edition of… FrogFather Friday!!! (I hear it’s nice to have ears, or do I? Ohhh, Frogeddabowdit!)

So it should come to no surprise that I’m a busy Frog. I conduct business around Jonah Town, dabble in Spiral politics here and there, I cook, play clarinet, not to mention I entertain all variety of splendiferous Pirates in and out of my door all the days long.

And I know you Pirates are quite busy as well, what with all your questing, collecting, combat and whatnot, and apparently there’s some map everybody’s all jumpy about? So just to compare notes then, tell FrogFather of your favorite things to do when you’re not specifically gobbling through quests like a nice hill of Ant-i-pasto. In other words:

What’s your favorite Pirate activity when you’re not on the Main Quest line?

I imagine feisty Pirates like to mix it up a bit in PVP, or sometimes slow things down a bit with a little bargain shopping at the Auction House - make’em an offer they can’t refuse, capece!

Whatever your favorite flavor, FrogFather can’t wait to hear from you, so don’t be shy and tell me what and why…said the fly - who didn’t say much more after that, if you know what I mean. Ohhh, anyone else hungry? Baboom! And let’s talk soon, huh?

Be well, my intrepid Pirate friends, and have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.

Ciao time!

FrogFather

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Ensign
Feb 27, 2011
I like to follow the side quests that increase my nautical experience or give me companion training points. I never seem to be able to achieve the same nautical level as character level. LOL!

Ensign
Apr 03, 2011
I love to do PvP, and hang out with my clan! I also enjoy helping other pirates out stuck in the skyways. Although it's always fun to just relentlessly kill ships for no reason other than gold! Arr!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I enjoy helping other pirates. I also enjoy farming for non auction stuff to get my pirates geared up to their best. I love snooping around places just to see the beauty of the world you guys at KingsIsle have created for us. I get the most beautiful screenshots from some of the neatest out of the way places. I post the good shots on Central so others can see them too. It also makes it easier for me to take a stroll down memory lane and see the sites again and hopefully if I think of a funnier caption for the photos I can do it there too.
I also make albums of chest locations (What pirate worth her salt doesn't make maps of where all the loot is hidden? ) and where the hidden tomes and the stuff Zeke keeps losing are. I realize that I am not the first one to make such lists, but this way I can find the place quickly because its my system. Some of the action shots I have managed to catch are really cool and I love perusing through them again.
You are all free to take a gander through them, when you have time, as I do have a lot of them and let me know what you think or if I managed to make you giggle. My name there is: valzabrat . Please feel free to friend request me.

Community Leader
A peculiar past time I have found.
So far it always revolves around sound!
I like to make music, its fun for me.
So I've spent my time making pirate parodies!

But when in the game with time to kill.
Farming Friar Sand, or help friends I will.

A few more side activities would definitely entice.
Although they'll take time, im sure they'll be nice.

Some pirates like to PVP.
Although I don't, this keeps many busy!

So whether your sailing across the skies.
Battling Cutthroats, or Armada spies.

The game is still budding, it continues to grow.
Pirates be patient for new content to show!

Frogfather's influence across the spiral is wide.
Give him good feedback, to help KI decide.

Thanks Frogfather, now back to the flies! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
The side-arcs cleverly crafted. It's a nice break from the main quest line, and we NEED MORE.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
A peculiar past time I have found.
So far it always revolves around sound!
I like to make music, its fun for me.
So I've spent my time making pirate parodies!

But when in the game with time to kill.
Farming Friar Sand, or help friends I will.

A few more side activities would definitely entice.
Although they'll take time, im sure they'll be nice.

Some pirates like to PVP.
Although I don't, this keeps many busy!

So whether your sailing across the skies.
Battling Cutthroats, or Armada spies.

The game is still budding, it continues to grow.
Pirates be patient for new content to show!

Frogfather's influence across the spiral is wide.
Give him good feedback, to help KI decide.

Thanks Frogfather, now back to the flies! ;)
Lol, Oh that is just brilliant. What a fun idea to respond in poetic form. x Raises tankard of yum in your honor. x So creative.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Well, Frogfather, I would talk, but according to the book of favors, favors cannot be given, only exchanged. So hand over some of your nimroot or ninroot or whatever, and I will speak!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
The Frogfather on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
Hello my Pirate friends! hows ya doin’? What’s the hops? Gathering any good loot lately? How’s the Crew? Ahh, look at me, jib-jabbering away, so many questions I have, and don’t mind if I bend your ear yet again for another edition of… FrogFather Friday!!! (I hear it’s nice to have ears, or do I? Ohhh, Frogeddabowdit!)

So it should come to no surprise that I’m a busy Frog. I conduct business around Jonah Town, dabble in Spiral politics here and there, I cook, play clarinet, not to mention I entertain all variety of splendiferous Pirates in and out of my door all the days long.

And I know you Pirates are quite busy as well, what with all your questing, collecting, combat and whatnot, and apparently there’s some map everybody’s all jumpy about? So just to compare notes then, tell FrogFather of your favorite things to do when you’re not specifically gobbling through quests like a nice hill of Ant-i-pasto. In other words:

What’s your favorite Pirate activity when you’re not on the Main Quest line?

I imagine feisty Pirates like to mix it up a bit in PVP, or sometimes slow things down a bit with a little bargain shopping at the Auction House - make’em an offer they can’t refuse, capece!

Whatever your favorite flavor, FrogFather can’t wait to hear from you, so don’t be shy and tell me what and why…said the fly - who didn’t say much more after that, if you know what I mean. Ohhh, anyone else hungry? Baboom! And let’s talk soon, huh?

Be well, my intrepid Pirate friends, and have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.

Ciao time!

FrogFather
-calmly seats self, pushes a plate of triple chocolate trifle towards the Frogfather, and clears throat- Well, in my pastime I will usually decorate my house- the kitchen if you want my precision. I'll hang out with mi amigos and just chill out to take a break from the tribulation Aquila proves to be. It seems Ettins are difficult to bargain with, as they don't seem to appreciate cake.

Ciao!

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Personally one of my favorite side activities (in this game at least) is pvp. I especially like it when I'm able to have the lower level players be able to fight just my max level witchdoctor's summons alone and that's it (i.e. they'd fight just the summons and only the summons and nothing else). I like this because to me I'm helping them improve their overall skills in the game so-to-speak, and not just for pvp purposes either as it also helps them prepare for the more challenging enemies in pve as well, so there's that at least.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Hmm... this seems fun! What do I do in my free time..? Well, my first choice is to go to the Laurentine Library. I don't know why, but I just love the place, and I wish the books were interact-able. If I really lived in the game, I would spend pretty much all of my time there, absorbing all of the knowledge it has to offer like a sponge to water.

When I'm done with gawking my jaw off at the library, I'll set sail to the skyway(s) of Valencia and anchor my ship near The Machine, examining it while I listen to the amazing music that KI did for that area of the game. Superb job, Ms. Sarah Steele over in the sound department!

If I'm not doing these two activities, I'll travel throughout The Spiral and take a bajillion screenshots of all of the amazing artwork in the game, from Beachhead to Khotan Skyway to the sunny, deserty plains of Monquista. Sometimes I'll go through a dungeon multiple times just to take screenshots of the people talking, such as Rooke. I've taken many pictures of him on his ship, incredibly grateful by the ship's rigging behind him that seems to be pointing at Rooke, drawing all attention to that tower of a clockwork.

I'll also go home to my Rake's Lagoon and set up my little library in the stray clockwork's ship, hanging pirate flags everywhere just to rub it in the armada's face. XD I very much enjoy being in the Rake's Lagoon and sometimes just gaze at the sky, taking some more pictures of the amazing artwork. Sometimes I'll set my character up in any of the skyways and listen to the music and glance over at the artwork while on my second monitor screen I'll be writing, be it in my own stories or the roleplays. I'm actually writing every second I'm on Pirate101, but this is the time that I can dedicate pretty much all of my attention to my writing and not have to worry about my character.

I'm livin' the life, if I do say so myself.

~Elizabeth, level 62 ~

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
I enjoy taking on the sidequests with the most story and scenery. After playing a wizard and a pirate through Marleybone, I'm a little through lost and stolen items. I find that a lot of the quests involving treasure hunting take me to the most remarkable locations in search of the loot. A more recent example is the quest for Burly's Gold (I believe) that led me to both McGee Mine and Solitude in Tumbleweed. Those two locations remain my favorites in all the Spiral. As a fan-fiction author and half-crazed photographer, I love finding where the perfect view meets the perfect lines. I'd love to see more of these in the future.

All the best,

Destiny

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I like doing side quests, helping others, working on Nautical experience, chatting with people, and sometimes writing Ettin Limericks.

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
I'm not very fond of PvP, but I like to do fun and long side quests that have a good story in them. It helps me get me get training points and nautical XP!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Kai Alcott on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
Well, Frogfather, I would talk, but according to the book of favors, favors cannot be given, only exchanged. So hand over some of your nimroot or ninroot or whatever, and I will speak!
oh kai, everything has its price in your mind.
(gives Kai a bag of nimroot)
As for myself, like to dabble in a bit O PVP, complete side-quests that I have yet finnish, find those band refrences foe Ol'Zeke, that sort of thing.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Late reply, whoops.
Ah, I've been gearing up for a tourney that's coming up (props to Bloody Wolf Ashburn for hosting it), and I've been mentoring my little brother in the ways of pirating and PvP. Mostly just farming, and trying to get that little brother of mine to finish Mooshu. (I'm not rushing him! We agree to play together and then he gets off when he wants to! He gets to do whatever he wants as well while we're at it. ) A friendly fight in the brawlin' hall every once and a while happens too.

I'm not that good of a home decorator, but I guess the girly side of me just wants to decorate my Rake's Lagoon. (Specifically the library.)

That's all that I do really.

~Quick Pearl

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Quick Pearl on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
Late reply, whoops.
Ah, I've been gearing up for a tourney that's coming up (props to Bloody Wolf Ashburn for hosting it), and I've been mentoring my little brother in the ways of pirating and PvP. Mostly just farming, and trying to get that little brother of mine to finish Mooshu. (I'm not rushing him! We agree to play together and then he gets off when he wants to! He gets to do whatever he wants as well while we're at it. ) A friendly fight in the brawlin' hall every once and a while happens too.

I'm not that good of a home decorator, but I guess the girly side of me just wants to decorate my Rake's Lagoon. (Specifically the library.)

That's all that I do really.

~Quick Pearl
Woot! Another library fan! The library is my favorite place of the Rake's Lagoon as well, being one of the things that got me to buy the house. I love that library -- I actually like it more than the free swashbuckler clothes that are given beneath it.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
Woot! Another library fan! The library is my favorite place of the Rake's Lagoon as well, being one of the things that got me to buy the house. I love that library -- I actually like it more than the free swashbuckler clothes that are given beneath it.
Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes the library! It gives it that refined feeling, like how a Swashbuckler should be. And it also reminds me of Pride and Prejudice, I don't know why. The clothes underneath give me that secret agent feeling, which I don't really like having in a library. Eh, but it's all cool in the end. XD

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
I think it would be a good idea to have a Frogfather Friday. Lol! I like frogfather, I'm in flotsam now.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Quick Pearl on Oct 25, 2013 wrote:
Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes the library! It gives it that refined feeling, like how a Swashbuckler should be. And it also reminds me of Pride and Prejudice, I don't know why. The clothes underneath give me that secret agent feeling, which I don't really like having in a library. Eh, but it's all cool in the end. XD

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE ROCKS!!! Oh my gosh, I can't believe that you like it too! It might be the fact that Elizabeth loves to read, and she would love to spend her time in a library such as this. *grins and hugs* Yay! Another Jane Austen fan!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE ROCKS!!! Oh my gosh, I can't believe that you like it too! It might be the fact that Elizabeth loves to read, and she would love to spend her time in a library such as this. *grins and hugs* Yay! Another Jane Austen fan!
*returns hug* Yesh! Finally someone else who likes/loves Jane Austen! I've just gotten started with reading it (I believe I'm on chapter 15 or 16), and I already LOVE IT!!! I thought I'd never find someone else who likes Jane Austen and has read the books and not just seen the movies! (Because everyone I know at school only likes her because of the movie adaptions...) I can just see Elizabeth sitting around in the library and just reading 'til her heart's content!

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
We'll I like to do a lot of side activities.I like to decorate my witch doctor hotel aka haunted grotto my mystical houses and if we had tours of our houses I would put teleports there for people to see all of them.i like going to Valencia and every world to help people and to make movies that will be a fully voiced pirate101 movie .my Is hard to figure out and she also likes to finish every side quest.She really likes Valencia for some reason.enjoy the serene skyways and skies in real life.see you in the spiral

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Greetings, Frogfather. I usually like to do the side quests pretty much at the same time as the main quest line to give me more an overall feel for the world and the stories therein. But when I am not discovering more of the stories, I might be working on my nautical experience (only fighting baddies however; I prefer not to fight more-or-less honest sailors of known nations), fighting again a particularly challenging and enjoyable foe, and decorating my house. I love to play 'doll house' as I call it, and make my pirate's home comfortable, coherent, and something of a period piece if at all possible.

And yes, Pearl and Elizabeth, I spend lots of time working up the libraries! I purchase a lot of books (hello, Flotsam!), and nice cabinets and bookshelves to put the books in; chairs and desks to write letters upon; fireplaces and comfortable chairs to read books in and listen to music from a viola da gamba (well, it's a cello, but I pretend) or a pianoforte (er, piano, but I pretend again). And - though not terribly pirate-y -- I love Jane Austen too! She is my favorite writer! (In fact, one of my main inspirations for my character Anne, courteous, reasonably proper, but quick-witted and light-hearted, is that I rather think of her as Elizabeth Bennet -- with a sword! Haha! )

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe