Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Great proof that stacking buffs really help

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I was testing the effectiveness of stacking buffs to see how they affected what level Skeletal Corsair that Old Scratch would cast and I had three will buffs on him (1 Great Juju and 2 Rallying Call). Scratchy is level 50 and he summoned a level 51 Skeletal Corsair . I was thrilled, I didn't know that they would summon something a higher level than they were. Cool huh

Developer
Hmm, and just yesterday I was thinking about fixing this "glitch."

But it is kinda fun, isn't it?

Does your Old Scratch also have all the Spooky talent boosts?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:

Aww darn, It's a glitch And here I was thinking it was a sort of reward for those of us disciplined enough to triple buff, lol. Indeed fun it is .
Yes my Scratchy has all three of his Spooky talents, along with three in Rough and Spirited with three in Dodgy too. I also have him at double Improved Mojo Blast and double Mojo Echo so when he teams up with the Necromancer Pig or as this particular one does, with Chilim Bak, they can really clear the board quickly .

P.S. Any particular reason we are not allowed to boost his accuracy any? I was hoping that boosting that might help him out with his fizzling issues. Right now all I can do is to limit his soda pop intake .

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Ratbeard on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:

You better not patch that. It shouldn't be because it could be a secret for the newer players so whatever you do; LOCK THIS POST! We don't want the secret to be let out anymore than it has to be.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Pretty nifty! Not sure it needs fixing, since a lot of turns are used to buff up to that point.

-Indigo

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I shall have to try this glitch