Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Argh! It's too much!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Ok so I had to get 8 striped Bumbaloon and get the meat for brother wolf. But every time I fight, I fail. I have Thunder hoof and Kobe and Bonnie Anne and Rat beard! So what's up! I need help BAD! I use the 50% dodge and the Sharks fury all the time! But they always use a strike and a flanking on me! Any tips?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Ok so I had to get 8 striped Bumbaloon and get the meat for brother wolf. But every time I fight, I fail. I have Thunder hoof and Kobe and Bonnie Anne and Rat beard! So what's up! I need help BAD! I use the 50% dodge and the Sharks fury all the time! But they always use a strike and a flanking on me! Any tips?
One Eyed Jack provides some wonderful tips in the May newsletter. I learned a lot from them and his tips really worked.

Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
First off, are you level 25 yet? If not, get to that level. Morderkai will have a quest for you to get vengeance strike 2, which is useful. There is a dungeon for this quest, and I suggest you try it by yourself (when you get to first battle, do not flee). This dungeon not only earned me Vengeance strike 2, but it also made me confident that I could do it! Heads up, the minions in there are about 1000 each, except for the musketeers, which are 900. I did this dungeon by myself and only died once. So if you need a morale boost, it came just in time!

Second, not alot of people get what flanking and crossfire are. If you or one of your companions are standing next to two enemies, and they form a straight line, it will activate. Here is what I mean.

O=you

E=enemy

X= Blank space

An example of how flanking activates:

XEX
XOX
XEX

You are in between two enemies, and you can draw a straight line through them, so flanking is activated.

XEX
EOX
XXX

This example shows that even though you are next to two enemies, they are not in a straight line across from each other.

XEX
XXX
XOX
XEX

Even though the enemies are in a straight line, they are not next to you.

I really hope I helped!

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Spark of the land on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
First off, are you level 25 yet? If not, get to that level. Morderkai will have a quest for you to get vengeance strike 2, which is useful. There is a dungeon for this quest, and I suggest you try it by yourself (when you get to first battle, do not flee). This dungeon not only earned me Vengeance strike 2, but it also made me confident that I could do it! Heads up, the minions in there are about 1000 each, except for the musketeers, which are 900. I did this dungeon by myself and only died once. So if you need a morale boost, it came just in time!

Second, not alot of people get what flanking and crossfire are. If you or one of your companions are standing next to two enemies, and they form a straight line, it will activate. Here is what I mean.

O=you

E=enemy

X= Blank space

An example of how flanking activates:

XEX
XOX
XEX

You are in between two enemies, and you can draw a straight line through them, so flanking is activated.

XEX
EOX
XXX

This example shows that even though you are next to two enemies, they are not in a straight line across from each other.

XEX
XXX
XOX
XEX

Even though the enemies are in a straight line, they are not next to you.

I really hope I helped!
I am a level behind.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Never mind that I passed it and I am at the level now thanks

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Oh no... it's not over. Just retrieved the silver bullets. Before I even got close to Boot Hill, Old Scratch said something, and then I was told to "Defeat 12 Darkmoor ships". TWELVE????? Hideously outrageous. So... got any more tips? And this is in BROADSIDE combat, not regular combat.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Switch realms to a busier one and try to find others fighting those ships. Together you can take them down in no time. Then, if you can keep at it as long as the help is there so you can get your nautical xp up. Then you can get a ship strong enough so that you can solo these things if you need to.

Community Leader
CheeryCherry1234 on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Oh no... it's not over. Just retrieved the silver bullets. Before I even got close to Boot Hill, Old Scratch said something, and then I was told to "Defeat 12 Darkmoor ships". TWELVE????? Hideously outrageous. So... got any more tips? And this is in BROADSIDE combat, not regular combat.
Use the biggest ship, with the best gear you have... AND enlist a friend ;)

Ship sinking is easy in groups.

Other than that, ease up to one at a time, avoid battling more than one, and take'em down! ;)

Sinking ships is by far the easiest way than boarding them, if possible.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Oops... managed to bypass that, too. But now I am at the Crypts dungeon. Failed to complete first battle. Those mustang ghosts were tough man.