Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Personalities

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Bonjour, Pirates! What can I do for you today? Oh yes, take some frosted Polarian tea... Catbeard got it imported through here for me. I also have some creme brûlées to offer! Yes, I decided to roll with the Polarian cuisine today. But we have normal flavor, maple, banana-chocolate (my favorite!), and dark chocolate. All of them are so delicious...

So, today I wanted to discuss character. How do your Pirates act? What are they normally like? Just wondering! This might be useful for my Roleplay threads too...

My main character, Sneaky Emma Everhart, is an impulsive tomboy with a spunky attitude. She's usually seen smirking and she loves teasing her friends and crew. She is easily annoyed and panics a little easily, though maintaining a calm exterior. She's a little cold sometimes when she feels like it, and can be a little bit insouciant or nonchalant.

Ruthless Keira Moone is more on the ominous side. She's quiet, kind, but yet very deadly when angered. She isn't as nonchalant as Emma, and is a bit timid or nervous sometimes. She's very circumspect, unlike Emma, and her personality opposes the blonde Musketeer's. She's not one to be the first on the battlefield, and has a very surprising sense of direction, danger, and toughness of her enemies. She's very observant and has a great attention to detail.

Cynical Savannah Underwood is more of a cynical person, as her name entails. She has a sour attitude and a snappish behavior. She's a calm, strategic type, and she's a lot smarter than she looks. She's bold sometimes, and gets a little cocky when she's battling. She is a bit arrogant but has a soft heart, and it's ironic how show offs get on her nerves.

So, those are some examples... Post here! I'd really like to know more about your Pirates. :)

Ciao!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Headstrong and fueled by the need for vengeance Scarlet is a pain to handle sometimes. With a hot temper to add to the mix her crew sometimes has to just stand and watch as Scarlet single-handedly takes down all the enemies on the battleboard. Admittedly, this only happens if it's the Armada she's fighting, but it's still a good point to make.

If you catch her on a good day she'll be making comments (both serious and sarcastic) left and right. She loves cooking and trying out new recipes. Along with that she spends a lot of time reading.

Scarlet is rather defensive about her past, and no one knows why. The best thing to do is avoid mentioning it.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
This is kool!

Evan Silver is usually sneaky and hides in the shadows most of the time. He is a reckless sailor, and loves to have fun, but only once he's met the person (ex: they're on his crew or his best friend). He has the powers of the Swashbuckler, and is very creative on how he uses his blades for things other than slashing, like harpooning or stopping himself sliding down the deck of his ship.

Thanks for the tea! -sips-

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
My character; Quentin Atherton, is a kind hearted when it comes to friends. But when someone threatens his friends or his family, he defends them to the end, in fact, everyone in the Atherton family has this quality (except for Quentin's stepbrother (he doesn't want to talk about it)). Quentin may be friendly, but is strict when on the battle field, he orders his crew to start off with critical hits to do as much damage as possible to the enemy. Quentin is smarter than the average pirate (mostly because he is from Valencia). His witty nature is how he got his title, also he's a bit of a smart alack, he does that to annoy his enemies into a trap in combat.

I'll tell the personalities of Quentin's brothers and fiance in separate posts.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Bonjour, Pirates! What can I do for you today? Oh yes, take some frosted Polarian tea... Catbeard got it imported through here for me. I also have some creme brûlées to offer! Yes, I decided to roll with the Polarian cuisine today. But we have normal flavor, maple, banana-chocolate (my favorite!), and dark chocolate. All of them are so delicious...

So, today I wanted to discuss character. How do your Pirates act? What are they normally like? Just wondering! This might be useful for my Roleplay threads too...

My main character, Sneaky Emma Everhart, is an impulsive tomboy with a spunky attitude. She's usually seen smirking and she loves teasing her friends and crew. She is easily annoyed and panics a little easily, though maintaining a calm exterior. She's a little cold sometimes when she feels like it, and can be a little bit insouciant or nonchalant.

Ruthless Keira Moone is more on the ominous side. She's quiet, kind, but yet very deadly when angered. She isn't as nonchalant as Emma, and is a bit timid or nervous sometimes. She's very circumspect, unlike Emma, and her personality opposes the blonde Musketeer's. She's not one to be the first on the battlefield, and has a very surprising sense of direction, danger, and toughness of her enemies. She's very observant and has a great attention to detail.

Cynical Savannah Underwood is more of a cynical person, as her name entails. She has a sour attitude and a snappish behavior. She's a calm, strategic type, and she's a lot smarter than she looks. She's bold sometimes, and gets a little cocky when she's battling. She is a bit arrogant but has a soft heart, and it's ironic how show offs get on her nerves.

So, those are some examples... Post here! I'd really like to know more about your Pirates. :)

Ciao!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
Ryan Holystone is very, VERY, sarcastic, but is always able to take situations seriously, while lightening the mood. unlike most others with these traits, he is barely ever impulsive, for Dragon Prince taught him that it is better to be cautious and slow, than reckless and fast. He also taught Ryan to respect others (he was raised in Mooshu, so that's kinda mandatory). one thing that he prides himself on being is adaptable. He had countless amounts of undercover missions before and after continuing the O.B.B., (order of the blazing blade) which was the name of is father's crew. He does have certain points where he almost completely becomes a serious, hard-core fighting machine, and this is when confronting armada elites, or when he takes up his Mooshu assassin alter ego, The Crimson Shadow. when nurse Quinn did an exam on him, she says it might be a slight case of multiple personality disorder, caused by having to change the way he acted to fulfill the role he was given at a young age.

morlokc-pirate101 istagram fanpage

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009

Ciao!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
my pirate Corrupt Griffen Deverux is just like his name in battle he becomes a crazed maniac: laughing hysterically and taunting like nuts ( some of you may have fought me ) but outside of he is relaxed and cool but has a great sense of humor and says HAMAZING a lot ( its a catch phrase ) also he gets angry when people hit his armadillo and so do I. He takes odd jobs as a thief and crook In more ways than one he is graceful in battle but clumsy any where else

Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
My pirate's real name is Richard Ashthorn, but in pirate language it's Richard Ashburn. He's a kind and generous person to everyone even to strangers unless they cross the line. He's also very protective to friends and family.He's very close to his sister Sabrina (lv. 81 pyromancer) & is always jealous to his sister because she is known as the savior of Krokotopia. He does have a pretty dreadful history. Before he was found by Boochbeard and Gandry he was separated by his family during his 15th birthday because of an Armada attack led by Rooke and Deacon . And in Krokotopian culture you are a year older so he would be 16 and whether your male or female you would have a party similar to sweet 16. Also personally his family is the royal family of Krokotopia.

If you want to know more yar this.
Richard Ashburn level.59

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
My Fair Christina Nightingale is a calm healer with a mentor's heart. As much as she loves to jump in and rescue exhausted pirates with reviving heals and calming buffs she has been known to deny a request for help when she finds out the pirate hasn't even tried to do the task first. She knows well the concept of teaching to fish instead of just handing out healing fish to whoever need it. She is a good cheerleader and will talk someone through a task then rejoice with them for a job well done. She has a great sense of humor and is known for her puns and satirical wit. Her greatest gift is in knowing that laughter is the best medicine.

Merciful Christina Is a tough warrior that fiercely protects those who need it. She is very strong but uses her strength to help others. She uses strategy and surprise to befuddle and defeat her enemies and the enemies of her friends or who ever she spots that needs protecting. She knows her strengths and doesn't take any guff from the enemy or from any sassy pirate that is being rude to her or anyone else. She enjoys farming bosses just to make sure they maintain their respect for pirates in general and will help another pirate teach a boss who is really 'Boss'. She has been known to take a pirate that is trying to ride on her coat tails just to get stuff and gently place them on the dock with instructions to do a bit of growing first before they mess with boss' too big for them. She knows they hate it but is well aware that it is for their own protection and overall good.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Christina Strong is a fierce protector and defender of the defenceless. She sees anyone in trouble and her high level sense of indignation will carry her right into the thick of things to teach any bully a lesson. She is a tough teacher and will take no sass or nonsense from her crew but rewards loyalty and hard work very well. See hates rudeness and bullies and will do anything she can when she sees injustice happening. She tends to act before she thinks but for the most part this serves her well as she keeps a very loyal crew that is used to rolling their eyes at her rashness and they make sure they have her back to assure her that her weakness' will be well covered.

Golden Christina is very fun loving and will crack a joke at the most unexpected times. She is fit, fast and light on her feet to be the annoying thorn in her enemies' side. She tends to be a bit over protective in her eagerness to right any wrong. She likes to keep El Torro on his toes to one up him when comes to being the heroine. She does tend to get into some hilarious spots because she also tends to act before she thinks but she also knows she is fast enough to squirrel bounce out of any jam. And if things do fall apart from not enough planning she is the quickest to laugh about it and won't hesitate to tell a story at her own expense just to have the joy of seeing someone else laugh.

Darling Christina Dove Is a lover of peace through strength. She also will jump to to the defense of others but her main goal is to give her friends and loved ones a sense of peace and safety. She is a contradiction of terms. As much as she loves peace and safety for those she cares about she takes a fiendish delight in blowing things up. Her best co conspirator is Ratbeard. She has a daring sense of humor that thoroughly loves getting into fun scrapes just so she can laugh her way out. She is a practical joker extraordinaire. Her latest scheme was saran wrapping a friend's ship. Anything for a laugh or a boom.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Crème brulees? Wow! How delectable!

I suppose the first thing I should say of my pirate girls is that they aren't very good at being pirates! Anne, Charlotte, and Genevieve have little interest in loot besides what is needed to maintain their ships, their companions and their needs, and improve their gear in order to survive. All of my girls have a strong streak of compassion and a hatred for injustice. They are brave and may be fierce in battle, but treat defeated enemies honorably; the ones that aren't too bad with kindness and respect. Why are these girls all like that? Because that's the sort of character I like to play!

Sooo, Anne you probably already know, Emma. She's sunny, even-tempered, and clever (although like most clever people, probably not quite as clever as she thinks she is!). She is irrepressible and impulsive, but also loyal and kind-hearted. Like Winston Churchill once told a graduating class, she never, ever gives up (even perhaps when she should. But she won't).

Charlotte is much quieter; she usually thinks things through, and is by nature a bit melancholy (which she manages though her music). Although a bit aloof, she almost always listens to what others have to say before making a decision (usually a good thing, but it has been known to lead her to bad choices).

Genevieve generally has a sweet temper, but instances of cruelty or injustice really make her lose it. She's far more likely to be hot-headed than my other girls, but is also quite soft-hearted. Though very social, Genevieve seeks out and values time alone, especially enjoying nature on land, or solitary high in the crows nest aboard ship.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Red Scarlet Kidd often comes across as a bit preoccupied, or a bit absent-minded. She clearly loves her self-appointed task of solving what she considers the great mysteries of the spiral. (She loves science as much as a Marleybonean dog).

But, her absent-mindedness is really just a cover, years spent tracking wild animals and obeserving the cultures of hostile societies have taught her to be very aware of everything. Red Scarlet sees everything and hears everything that's happening around her, even if she's crawling around a tavern floor looking for a lost Lava Fish. Added to this is her second love of fencing which she veiws as a science, not an art. With view in mind, Scarlet is constantly practicing her fencing always trying new tricks and learning anything she can to get better.

While usually preferring to be alone, Scarlet actually loves to help out other pirates, just don't expect her to be overly talkative.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
I don't roleplay much, but I still like the idea of this post. ^^

Quick Pearl is ironically, slow when it comes to thinking. Although, she is very light on her feet and she has a very VERY short temper. She gets into fights easily, and usually relies on her instincts to get through her problems. She's got a really sharp tongue along with her temper and is also a bit of a tsundere. (Look it up. ^^) Once you get to know her, she can be a very outgoing party animal and a joy to be around.

Dead-eye Connor is a flirt, and his personality changes depending on the girl he's trying to get. He has several points of his personality that stay with him no matter what girl he is flirting with. He is very patient and is usually the one that calms Pearl down when she gets into a tantrum, despite being younger than her by a year. He's also very loyal, and if any harm comes to those he loves, the offender is practically making a death wish.

I'm not very good with putting personalities into words. I better keep working on it.

~Quick Pearl

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Where to begin? Timid Timothy Tolliver swashbuckler extroirdenaire. He is as his name mentions shy but deadly with a blade. He hides in the shadows only to spring on his opponents when they least expect it. He wields a huge axe strapped to his back for show so that would be pirates dont get any ideas. He is strategic and yet able to adapt to any situation on the go. He is a caring and thoughtful sort always willing to lend a hand when goodly pirate folk need assistance with blade or bounty. Then theres my musketeer Quick Patrick Quinn who is alwasy quick to act, leads-in with a gun or trap before talking. Whether friend or foe hes good to go and always one for show. He uses his double eagles do his talking and will be the first one to the bounty every time. He is a master and commander using his ship to get to the treasure troves scattered across the skyways. Mr. Quinn isnt shy but very boisterous and loud. He likes attention and the ladies love his accent. He hails from the distant land of Kroktopia deep within the pyramids under the sand. The family mines gems from the desert sands and any other golden goodies that might be found. From the bottom to the top no one gets the drop on Quick Patrick Quinn.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012

Ciao!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
You sure do make the message boards more exiting, thanks good job

Xavier

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Quick Pearl on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
I don't roleplay much, but I still like the idea of this post. ^^

Quick Pearl is ironically, slow when it comes to thinking. Although, she is very light on her feet and she has a very VERY short temper. She gets into fights easily, and usually relies on her instincts to get through her problems. She's got a really sharp tongue along with her temper and is also a bit of a tsundere. (Look it up. ^^) Once you get to know her, she can be a very outgoing party animal and a joy to be around.

Dead-eye Connor is a flirt, and his personality changes depending on the girl he's trying to get. He has several points of his personality that stay with him no matter what girl he is flirting with. He is very patient and is usually the one that calms Pearl down when she gets into a tantrum, despite being younger than her by a year. He's also very loyal, and if any harm comes to those he loves, the offender is practically making a death wish.

I'm not very good with putting personalities into words. I better keep working on it.

~Quick Pearl
I took up your challenge and looked it up. Nice word. x Smiles at learning something new x .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Speed Switch on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
You sure do make the message boards more exiting, thanks good job

Xavier
Amen to that . I really don't know what we are gonna do when she gets her windlane restriction lifted. This place has been so much more colorful with all dear Emma's energies aimed in our direction.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Amen to that . I really don't know what we are gonna do when she gets her windlane restriction lifted. This place has been so much more colorful with all dear Emma's energies aimed in our direction.
-blushes and has a giant group hug- I love all of you! I love making people happier and I love it when people laugh because I said something that made that laugh. -snaps fingers and it begins to rain chocolate- CHOCOLATE RAIN! :D

I'm looking forward to that restriction being lifted.... It's so terrible cause there's this computer and it can't download Pirate.

Still.... That's a record for me. Longest time not playing Pirate or Wizard! I dunno if it's a good thing or a bad thing...

Ciao!

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Alura is a calm and calculating captain, preferring to think out every move. She keeps quiet and lays low, unnerving her enemies before she strikes. Her best weapon is her unpredictableness. She's in this game for the long run and she intends to win, no matter what it costs. The cost in lives means more to her than most care to believe, but overall she tries to be as ruthless as she can. Raised in Skull Island, Alura's past is fairly ordinary. Shipwrecked parents, with the Armada after you for no reason. Yup, seems normal.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
-blushes and has a giant group hug- I love all of you! I love making people happier and I love it when people laugh because I said something that made that laugh. -snaps fingers and it begins to rain chocolate- CHOCOLATE RAIN! :D

I'm looking forward to that restriction being lifted.... It's so terrible cause there's this computer and it can't download Pirate.

Still.... That's a record for me. Longest time not playing Pirate or Wizard! I dunno if it's a good thing or a bad thing...

Ciao!
"Chocolate Rain" Ohh what a lovely thought. I think I'm just gonna go luxuriate on that thought for a while. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm x Pulls self back to reality and returns hugs x. x Drifts off into chocoholic dreams x

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Hey hey hey! Silver Fiona here with some bad news about Froggo Villa.......
Ok, lets get to the point. So i was super excited when i got him 'cuz he looked so awesome and fought so well, and then when i promoted him to my first mate, HE DOESN'T TALK! So i didn't notice it at first, then like a couple minutes later i got some companion training points and i'm like, "I should level up Froggo!" and so when i click on him, HE DOESN'T TALK! Again. And i i'm all like "What?" So i click out of my companions, then do it again, and HE STILL DOESN'T TALK! And i'm like " What the heck? Is he a mute? No, can't be a mute 'cuz he talked to me when asking to join my crew...... so what the heck?" Plz report this is possible! Thanks.
Ciao for now, Silver Fiona.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
New characters!

Corwin Atherton (no, he's not one of the Atherton siblings) is a very respectable, and smart young man, although strict with everything you can think of. Appearance, behavior, and combat are the things he's most picky about, his strictness on combat often leading to losing. He's rather dislikable, and is, once again, and tsundere. Once you get to know him, he's really kind, gentle, loving, and he even goes out of his way to make his famous pastries, which he rarely does. (Although I doubt their as good as yours Emma. )

Cheerful Amber Atherton is, as her title suggests, very cheerful, in addition to being Corwin's little sister. (Younger by five years.) However, don't let her outside cute and cheerful appearance fool you. She's a war machine on the battlefield, and if you try to even hurt Corwin, both physically and verbally, her limits will be pushed to the point of extreme, and insane violence, earning her the personality title of yandere as well. (And this people, is why Corwin isn't dead yet.)

Despite being exact opposites, the two still get along as siblings.

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Thanks for the tea! It was tasty. Silver Fiona is a die-hard swashbuckler and is quite proud of telling everyone that she was arrested for defending her best friend's honor. She is very friendly, and if you catch her on a good day, she'll make you tea and cookies! It's pretty nice. She is easily distracted and sometimes her crew takes advantage of that to play pranks on her. She is good-humored though, so she enjoys laughing along with her crew. Her first mate Sarah Steele says, "I like my captain. She's awesome, young, friendly, and will sometimes prank us back. We always know it's coming, so we don't even try to avoid it. I got a good life so far, and it's because o' me captain." Just don't mention her parents death. She only became a pirate to avenge her parents death, but now she sees that it's much more than that. And don't mention that one day she's gonna have to kill some Bufaloons, cuz she thinks they're quite cute and secretly in her dorm she has one flyin' 'round. But other than those two things, she can be a really nice pirate, unlike some pirates out there. That's my character! More on the witchdoctor Black Lily later.

Ciao for now,
Silver Fiona.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
Krystal Everhart is kind-hearted to friends and family and is wise. She loves to go on adventures, have fun, loves cats and to hang with her friends or her crew. She is very talented with magic and very good with wild animals like sky snakes or batacudas. She is a animal person and a outdoor person because she has lived in the wild all her life and was raised by wolfs.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Dead-eye Destiny Devereaux, having been exiled from the Frogfather's Syndicate and left to fend for herself in the chaos of the Spiral, is more of an introvert. She isn't one to take particular sides on things, at this point. It's all for herself and her survival. If she owes too large of a debt to anyone, Destiny attempts befriending individuals. Normally, Destiny remains rather quiet, though if she's denied or spoken against, she'll debate her point until she wins. Because of such strong connections with her small crew, Destiny has turned out to be very efficient in her swashbuckling ways.
Even though it seems like a dark cloud hangs over the dead-eye at all times, Destiny knows how to find joy in small things. It's rumored that she helped the children of Mooshu when the war blew through, entertaining them through means of storytelling. Froggo Villa, having split ways from his captain when she left Cool Ranch, remembers a time when the captain took a risk when flying on a twisted windlane. Underneath her war-torn hide, Destiny turns out to be a daredevil at heart. She loves the wind in her face and the sounds of ki-rin running. Fascinated with the Armada, Destiny also travels through Valencia often, disguising herself and taking notes on the clockworks. Seldom seen, Destiny is easy to recognize, though she'll avoid speaking. What does come from her is that of true pirate wisdom.

I love this thread. Thank you for the tea and desserts!

Viva!

D.S. Devereaux (D.S. actually stands for Destiny Soultamer, my old wizard's name.)

--Edited 6/30 for grammar and food--

Ensign
Sep 05, 2009
Loyal Matthew Ashford (my main) is calm, kind, artistic, and a master of combat, deception, and tactics. A self-proclaimed "Valenciaphile" he loves Valencian art and Valencian culture, he does not let this distract him from destroying clockworks (though he marvels their engineering).An intelegent pirate, Matthew keeps a library on his ship. pirate with a moral code, he does not attack undifended beings, among other things. He also has a strong sense of honor, duty, and discipline. From his origins in Skull Island and Marlybone, he has mastered redirection of attention and deception techniques, making him a master of sorts, of magic tricks. A military genius, Matthew is a strategist who enjoys planning battles, even if they are never fought. Like his name suggests he is very loyal and cannot betray. Lastly, he is a voice of reason on any crew, and most crews are happy to have him for that.