Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Poll 2: Rooke vs. Bishop

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
On my last poll my question was in a fight who would win deacon or rooke and the victor was rooke sorry deacon fans so this time it's buccaneer vs. witchdoctor Bishop vs. rooke. This is a tricky one again rooke has more health and strong but his just like with deacon rooke's knock back isn't handy since bishop has long range. Bishop has special abilities like summoning those clockwork shooters that are useful against rooke and if bishop has backup he can use leech to heal himself . It is a difficult decision so who do you think wins bishop or rooke
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 65
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 65

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Ethan the baron on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
On my last poll my question was in a fight who would win deacon or rooke and the victor was rooke sorry deacon fans so this time it's buccaneer vs. witchdoctor Bishop vs. rooke. This is a tricky one again rooke has more health and strong but his just like with deacon rooke's knock back isn't handy since bishop has long range. Bishop has special abilities like summoning those clockwork shooters that are useful against rooke and if bishop has backup he can use leech to heal himself . It is a difficult decision so who do you think wins bishop or rooke
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 65
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 65
Bishop! So far, Bishop is my favorite clockwork (yet he's also the one that scares me the most! Oh, the irony of it...) and he's undefeated... Well, he's not destroyed! -shrug- He's been defeated multiple times...

Lets see, long range is quite the extreme for Witchdoctors, so logically, if Bishop was circumspect with the situation, unleashing a few traps every once in a while and thoroughly thinking his strategy through (if clockworks had minds...), the probability of his victory is quite probable. However, if Rooke had his guard up to its full extent, ready for each attack and blocking or dodging as many surges of electricity launched at him, instead of being insouciant, then the probability of him winning is commensurate.

An extra thing to add is that Bishop's defense may be a lot higher than we assume, seeing as he survived multiple attacks from us while Rooke died the first time. So, my answer would be Bishop, but in probability's view, there are multiple outcomes to it... When I think of it, Kane might break them up so he wouldn't lose two dexterous members of his elite court.

Gracie stares at me. "How did you figure that out?"

Ciao Pirates!

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
I'd have to say Bishop, the twisted clockwork mage. If for nothing else, he's smart enough to know when to actually run. Also there's a reason he's Kane's tactician. After all it was his plan that had Marleybone within a week of surrender. Had the player not come along it would have worked. So his strategy is probably superior to Rooke's.

Rooke was just flat out overpowered by the player and then tries again two minutes later with similar results. Say what you want about Bishop's sanity but to quote Einstein, "Insanity is doing the same thing but expecting different results." And before someone says something about Bishop's round two fight, he at least waited until the player had to fight through three more waves of clockworks and then it was a case of desperation since Kane would not have let him remain as influential if he hadn't made one last try. With Rooke, it was too late, the endgame failed and the smart thing would have been to limp home and try something else.

Now looking at their fighting stats...

One of Rooke's specialties is his power increases as his minions gather around him. Unfortunately for him this makes it easier for Bishop's attack's area of effect to hit more targets and thus increase it's effectiveness. Also those shooters can hit multiple enemies at once. This will make it easy for him to whittle away at Rooke and his forces.

And this is with the current version of Bishop. Blind Mew has hinted that we scared Bishop and thus he's probably going to invest in upgrades. I think we all will rest more uneasily tonight knowing that a mad, powerful, and angry clockwork is going to show up again some day even more powerful and wanting revenge for ruining his genius plan.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I'd love to go with Bishop.

He can spawn an insane amount of mechs to shoot Rooke into submission. When his health is low, he'll use Leech to sacrifice one minion to gain his health back.

--Meanwhile, at the Arena--

Bishop: AHA! My votes are 200 and counting!

Rooke: Don't even think about getting cocky on me. I want you to say your last words when you're crushed. And I will crush you.

Bishop: OK, siege tower, you're doomed! MACHINE SUMMON! MACHINE SUMMON!

(200 machines later)

Rooke: Time to play for keeps! ROOKE-OCHET!

Bishop: Time for backup. LEECH!

Rooke: I will knock you out! OVERPROTECTION!

Bishop: I will send you to judgment! KAMEHAMEHA!

Rooke: Hold on a second, this isn't DBZ. Book 12 is.

Bishop: Let me rephrase that...I will send you to judgment! ENERGY BALL!

Rooke: This isn't Pokémon either.

Bishop: 2nd rephrase...I will send you to judgment! JUDGMENT!

Rooke: You're not Arceus.

Bishop: 3rd rephrase...I will send you to judgment! MACHINES! ATTACK!

Rooke: Much bett-*Is shot by 202 machines at once*

Bishop: Much better. That injury is MUCH better.

--TO BE CONTINUED--

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Bishop, definitely Bishop. Rooke may have a shield that can ricochet bullets, but it can't ricochet magic bursts of electricity. Also, since he has been ricocheting bullets with that shield of his, he will probably by cocky enough to not use luck (the armor against magic in the game). But once that magic goes through his shield, he is definitely going to be Bishop's next experiment.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
You know what i might do a death battle on this on my youtube account.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
bishop. we got a pppet show narrated by him

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
If this was not on the pirate101 battle board I would say rooke would win. Both are master planners (rooke is general of the armada and bishop is a engerineing Guinnes.) but rooke Carrys a shield and havey armor making bishops lighting attacks useless. Bishop however does not wear much proctetion (mostly his robe) I would like to see how long bishop could stand against rooke's giant axe in his light robes. I am guessing before rooke can launch the final blow bishop would slip away scheming ways to deafeat rooke.

If this was on the pirate 101 battle board bishop would win. Those armada devices would turn the tide for bishop.

Quiet Zachary Armstrong

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
BISHOP BY FAR!!!!!! As a witchdoctor, he is my worst nightmare for odvious reasons. He also has Leech which is far more dangerous than Sacrifice because you can't do quick KOs because it only steals a fraction of health and is triggered far earlier,thereby maging it far more efecitve and efficient. out of battle he is still the better of the two because his tactical puppet show tells us of a mind that could have destroyed Marleybone in days had we not intervened, he knows when to fight and, more importantly, WHEN TO RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!! Rooke died because he did not know when to relent and it ended up killing him making Bishop superior both physically and mentally.
I also have an admiration of Bishop that is rivaled only by Phule. He is a tactical and mechanical genius who designed Beachead and planed an attack that would have brought Marleybone to it's knees. genius like that must be admired and feared.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
Its totally Bishop and everybody said my reasons already so ya :P but he creeps me out so much but he would soooo beat rooke.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Rosabellexoxo on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
Its totally Bishop and everybody said my reasons already so ya :P but he creeps me out so much but he would soooo beat rooke.
and with that concludes the next poll bishop wins look out for my next poll will be bishop vs. duck of death