Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Marleybone housing vendor ripoff!!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
I went to the vendor in marleybone to get the treasure pile she sells, and i was TOTALLY RIPPED OFF!!!!
It costs 150,000 gold, and it's a dinky little pile!
That item is not even close to being worth 150,000 gold, or if u put it another way, 1.5 times as much as my buccaneer's den!!!
It's barely any bigger than the captain gunn's treasure item we earn in the game.
I was expecting this "large pile of treasure" item to require a whole room to fit it in, but this item was small, highly displeasing, and a total joke!
I don't know if whoever programmed the housing vendor put in an extra zero in the item price by accident, or whatever happened, but given the chance, I'd return the large pile of treasure item in order to get back all the gold that was pretty much stolen from me.
In fact, It only makes sense that you go ahead and refund me the gold i spent on it, because that item isn't even worth 15,000 gold......
I don't care if i get the gold, or the amount that the gold is worth in crowns ( $15 worth), but it seems easiest if you send me a private message w/ a special promotion code, for me to receive the refund.

Also, as a side note, when you make housing items, u need to alter the preview area so it shows how big the items are when compared to the size of the members' character.
That way we won't be scammed by these ripoff items again ever again!
also, please change the price of the large pile of treasure to what it's actually worth.......maybe 10,000 gold.....

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Not a ripoff. Think of it like this. When you buy that pile of gold, it's 150,000 gold. That's how much is in the housing item. It's converted from game gold into a pile of treasure housing item. You can then sell it at the Bazaar later on when you're short on gold and should get more than 150,000 gold BACK! Now that's what I call a refund!

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Bonzue Silktail th... on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
I went to the vendor in marleybone to get the treasure pile she sells, and i was TOTALLY RIPPED OFF!!!!
It costs 150,000 gold, and it's a dinky little pile!
That item is not even close to being worth 150,000 gold, or if u put it another way, 1.5 times as much as my buccaneer's den!!!
It's barely any bigger than the captain gunn's treasure item we earn in the game.
I was expecting this "large pile of treasure" item to require a whole room to fit it in, but this item was small, highly displeasing, and a total joke!
I don't know if whoever programmed the housing vendor put in an extra zero in the item price by accident, or whatever happened, but given the chance, I'd return the large pile of treasure item in order to get back all the gold that was pretty much stolen from me.
In fact, It only makes sense that you go ahead and refund me the gold i spent on it, because that item isn't even worth 15,000 gold......
I don't care if i get the gold, or the amount that the gold is worth in crowns ( $15 worth), but it seems easiest if you send me a private message w/ a special promotion code, for me to receive the refund.

Also, as a side note, when you make housing items, u need to alter the preview area so it shows how big the items are when compared to the size of the members' character.
That way we won't be scammed by these ripoff items again ever again!
also, please change the price of the large pile of treasure to what it's actually worth.......maybe 10,000 gold.....
It only takes like an hour to make 150k in gold. There are tons of ship teams hovering on busy servers in AQ easy free gold and drops no matter what your level. I could complain about all the companions i bought with Crowns that suck but i wont. I just deal with it just like you should.

in this game. the best ship is gold buyable AQ heavy , best ship parts all no sell from bosses, best gear in game is also all no sell boss drops. Some of the best companions in game are free!!! e.g zeena, kobe, el toro, that swash eagle, bonnie to name a few. There are some good crown ones but does not seem like they get any final promotions nearing level 65 which makes the free ones even more appealing.

Community Leader
One thing you have to remember is Gold is free. It is easily replaced by playing the game. I have been maxed out so many times since new update. There is no way to make real money worth on free in game gold. The reason I say Free in game gold is. You're playing the game you already paid for either sub or crowns. Free in game gold is made in game and as no real money worth only for in game items. Now if you bought a crowned item which cost real world money I would see a reason to ask for refund, but still then you had a choice to buy or not.

I have no issues buying the gold pile for 150,000 Free in game gold. It will go great with all my other piles to make a fantastic treasure room. I do wish the Mb housing Vendor had some of the items i see around MB Like those vegetable bins on Isle of fetch.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The small pile of gold in the Crown shop sells for 3,750 gold, so this pile does seem over-priced if it is comparable in size, and its price relative to a house seems odd.

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
The small pile of gold in the Crown shop sells for 3,750 gold, so this pile does seem over-priced if it is comparable in size, and its price relative to a house seems odd.
I know right?!
at most, it should be !5,000 gold.
I don't know if whoever programmed that house vendor hit zero an extra time by accident or not, but that dinky pile should be far FAR bigger for the price to even be close to fair.
The admins should alter house item previewing, so it shows how ig the items are next to a view of your character, o u know what ur getting....

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
From what I know about this housing item is that it is a Luxury showpiece. To "show off" to your friends how much gold you've accumulated in the game. It is an option to give your pirate something to spend all the gold they keep maxing out on without overflowing your bank with items you won't be using.

It is not meant to have a great return investment. It's an alternative for pirates to use when they max out their gold instead of the "old way" of buying high value items then selling them for lesser gold just to get your gold down. At least this lets you have something to show for what you've bought.

~SM~

Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
I agree that the pile of Gold should be bigger considering how much Gold went into it...If that makes sense. I too thought it was room-sized.

There should be a wider variety of Gold piles...One for 8,000...One for 10,000...Then one for 100,000.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I was just questing in Aquila in the Ophidial Palace and there is a wonderful pile of gold and treasure sitting in the courtyard after you exit the dungeon. Now That is probably what we were expecting when we look at that housing item. KingsIsle, since this graphic is already made, can't you just substitute that pile for the tiny one that is for sale? If we had that pile of gold for our houses it would indeed be a showpiece and be worth a house's worth of gold. It is a massive pile and would, I believe satisfy what we are looking for.

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
I was just questing in Aquila in the Ophidial Palace and there is a wonderful pile of gold and treasure sitting in the courtyard after you exit the dungeon. Now That is probably what we were expecting when we look at that housing item. KingsIsle, since this graphic is already made, can't you just substitute that pile for the tiny one that is for sale? If we had that pile of gold for our houses it would indeed be a showpiece and be worth a house's worth of gold. It is a massive pile and would, I believe satisfy what we are looking for.
I think It's already available. There's a merchant in Aquila that sells a huge pile of gold (the Marleybone one is just large pile of gold) that cost 200K, so you better be prepared to break the bank for it.