Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hydra Quest Is Still Bugged

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
The hydra is still bugged.The ebon head won't come back.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
MooshuFanatic500 on May 25, 2013 wrote:
The hydra is still bugged.The ebon head won't come back.
I opened a ticket via email with KI on this.

step one defeat ebon dragon
(buff team, hide etc)

Since i was solo and there was not many people at this point in the game on saturday I could no way beat it in one turn.

Ebon moves to team took about half its health

Ebon hides
Targets are the other 3 heads ( the onyl other heads on the map at this point)

Kill the 3 heads

6 new heads spawn + ebon head again usually across the dang map

takes a turn or two t get to the ebon head again

Now i hit it and its below 900 heath it hides again

Now kill what ever type it says , oh wait! there is no message on what dragon heads to kill and the ebon wont come back the map fills up with so many heads you cant even move anymore.

Some players beat it - but for someone solo I think its not doable since the head wont come back after two times.

Needs to be able to be done alone or at least possible ;-)

Notes:
I have rebooted and done the map on two different computers on different worlds that were not busy same result did this about 6 times and decided to log a ticket.

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
masterryan1969 on May 28, 2013 wrote:
I opened a ticket via email with KI on this.

step one defeat ebon dragon
(buff team, hide etc)

Since i was solo and there was not many people at this point in the game on saturday I could no way beat it in one turn.

Ebon moves to team took about half its health

Ebon hides
Targets are the other 3 heads ( the onyl other heads on the map at this point)

Kill the 3 heads

6 new heads spawn + ebon head again usually across the dang map

takes a turn or two t get to the ebon head again

Now i hit it and its below 900 heath it hides again

Now kill what ever type it says , oh wait! there is no message on what dragon heads to kill and the ebon wont come back the map fills up with so many heads you cant even move anymore.

Some players beat it - but for someone solo I think its not doable since the head wont come back after two times.

Needs to be able to be done alone or at least possible ;-)

Notes:
I have rebooted and done the map on two different computers on different worlds that were not busy same result did this about 6 times and decided to log a ticket.
It is soloable but that bug is form test.Trying make bosses interesting is the thing that cuases the bugs...

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
MooshuFanatic500 on May 28, 2013 wrote:
It is soloable but that bug is form test.Trying make bosses interesting is the thing that cuases the bugs...
I ran it again today its now working properly the ebon head comes back :-) defiantly not something i will be farming LOL

Ensign
Nov 08, 2009
i can't even get to him any more too many heads in the way, you must kill a head to get to him, more heads ar e in the game. i am not sure of paying when my membership is gone, I fight sole only. i have a family so my time doesn't fit others very well.

Ensign
Nov 15, 2009
Well in order to manage to defeat Ebon Hydra head, it is better to choose to have with you a Musketeer or 2, at least and follow the guides that are given on top of your screen (defeat those Hydra heads and so on) for the Ebon Hydra head to show up from underwater.

Truly the "Hydra Cave" battle is strangely bugged but a different bug than yours and I already had send a ticket to Customer Support about it and you should also do that if you haven't already.

Still, I manage to defeat it even with the bug problem (if it was a bug, I don't know) but it took me some time.

It will be better to wait from KI to have it a look and if it is truly a bug then they will fix it for sure . We must not forget that it has been almost a month that Marleybone and Aquila went Live so give them some time .

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
I was able to do it again no problem I just bring 3 guns with me so i don't get a ton of added heads from melee contact. that being sad its easier to move the map, i put on big guns cards and such so i can clear ice traps that get put down too.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
what is up with the hydra quest fight?

when me and me team fled, there were 17 hydra on screen, no top defeat instructions, had already almost killed the black head scurvy dog hydra, killed off the 3 others and little hydra scurvy dogs kept popping up until i fled with 17 scurvy dog hydra and the spawning kept coming, krazy stuff!

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
This quest battle is EXTEMELY bugged & it being a main line quest is also hindering further progress in the game. The dungeon warning says it's a 45 minute fight-less if you bring friends. Me & a friend started this fight around 3:30pm CST & it was STILL going on two hours later!

We followed the goal directive to kill the Ebon head. It disappeared so then the goal changed to kill the Scarlet, Amethyst, & Cobalt. We did that, too. Then it was back to the Ebon, then the 3 jeweled heads. Four times we had the goal to kill the Ebon. Then after he disappeared that last time there was no more objectives at the top of the screen. I took a picture and posted it on Twitter & at that time we had 40 heads plus Ice & Fire obstacles that were creating major lag on both our computers. We ended up about 30 rounds when another friend joined us to see if he could "help" but he said he didn't see the Ebon or any goals, either.

The three of us are now restarting this at 5:45pm in hopes that it was a one time bug.

~SM~

PS With the recent updates it says: "
Double Tap will no longer trigger from destroying a battle board prop as this was unintended. " I've noticed that it applies to the other similar epics like Bladestorm (for my Bucc at least). While fighting the Hydra, though, I saw that they would hit one of the ice obstacles & destroy it then proceed to Bladestorm an ally or teammate. Is this supposed to happen like this?

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Went in with two friends this time. I HAD picked Bonnie Anne, Old Scratch, and Billy the Kid as my companions because I wanted long range attackers. The Privateer who went with me also picked some Musketeers for his companion choices. However, once the battle started we had the same 3 we had from the previous fight that we had fled (after 2 hours of fighting). I had Bonnie Anne, Zelos Maximus (my Eagle Hoplite), and Keisuke. The Privateer had Bonnie Anne, El Toro, and his bought Eagle Hoplite (Plumo Turbo).

This particular battle actually had me coin the phrase/term "Hydra-locked" that my Privateer friend defined as being "
Surrounded by Boss or Boss spawn, can't move, and IT'S ANNOYING."

Fortunately, with the aid of our third friend who is a Musketeer, we were able to finally get past this dungeon after being in there for another hour during the second battle.

I'm sure this will get fixed because y'all are a great company that takes the time to listen to the people who are playing the game.

Just wanted to make sure it got some attention so whatever is glitching can be addressed.

~SM~

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
he was bugged? thats surprising i beat him 2nd try. first try i didn't what to do. but 2nd it's confusing to explain but let's just say all my companions was gone only me left to take down the last 1000 health. but i think he disappears every 1000 hp you knock off. i have a mind to grind him since i beat aquila. i wonder if he gives a hydra pet...after i said that everyone is mostly liking going to try and grind him XD

Community Leader
I have had no problems with the Hydra dungeon, and we have been farming it!

Ebon shows up, you attack him, he disappears.
Then we follow EXACTLY what it says, and make sure to pick the same mobs, and we take out JUST what is asked of us (barring a few overexcited eltoro epics), and the Ebon head shows back up.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Its worked without fail for us so far.

2 hrs? We found the dungeon warning to be pretty spot on for length of time.

Experiences will obviously vary.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
Just wanted to add to my prior post, that I hope they fix it for others soon.

Me and my friends pretty much consider this battle one of the funnest additions in the new content.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
I helped someone in this battle. Agreed is has issues Ebon stayed out and i was only able to hit him with Aoe. Once I explained to the person i was with you have to do things in order it helped. red, blue , purple we would get back on track and ebon would come out right. We would get off track from our auto hits is what I was gathering?

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
I have had no problems with the Hydra dungeon, and we have been farming it!

Ebon shows up, you attack him, he disappears.
Then we follow EXACTLY what it says, and make sure to pick the same mobs, and we take out JUST what is asked of us (barring a few overexcited eltoro epics), and the Ebon head shows back up.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Its worked without fail for us so far.

2 hrs? We found the dungeon warning to be pretty spot on for length of time.

Experiences will obviously vary.
We had spent two hours because we were doing what it had said and were waiting for the Ebon head to come back. However, if you reread my post you will see that I said we followed the goal of trying to defeat the Ebon. Then the Scarlet, Cobalt, and Amethyst. Then rinse and repeat (four times until the Ebon disappeared for good). I had even tweeted about it to @Pirate101 while we were in battle as well as providing a picture.

I also posted it in the Hydra guide on P101C with a picture. Mine is post #25. If you look at the picture you will see there is NO Ebon head on the board (and hadn't been for about 20 turns by this time) AND there is no goal at the top telling us which heads to kill like there is in the post right before mine.

I don't think it's a matter of experiences per se, as I believe there is obviously a bug/glitch causing the problem. Especially if there are people saying they are having issues with it.

I am glad, though, that some people are able to get through their battles with no incident and some are even enjoying farming the Hydra. But for my own, personal battle, it was very messed up.

~SM~

Ensign
Apr 01, 2011
I think there is still some problems with it. 1. It is not fair for the hydra heads to hit an ice block and then get a storm blade out of it. One time do it, the Ebon head appeared and would not show up on the grid at all.