Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

xp panic!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
a few minutes ago I got on for the first time since the Marleybone/Aquila update. The first thing I noticed was that a bunch of my companions had talent points. Thanks for that. But the second thing I noticed was that I was still level 50. Let me expain: I few months ago I reached level 50. That was the level cap. From then on, whenever I did a quest and experience was a reward, it didn't add on to my current experience. I didn't think much of it then. I thought that when the next update came out, it would automaticlly add on. It didn't. Right now, i'm panicking. Will the xp add itself or is it lost forever?

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
ordeith on May 24, 2013 wrote:
a few minutes ago I got on for the first time since the Marleybone/Aquila update. The first thing I noticed was that a bunch of my companions had talent points. Thanks for that. But the second thing I noticed was that I was still level 50. Let me expain: I few months ago I reached level 50. That was the level cap. From then on, whenever I did a quest and experience was a reward, it didn't add on to my current experience. I didn't think much of it then. I thought that when the next update came out, it would automaticlly add on. It didn't. Right now, i'm panicking. Will the xp add itself or is it lost forever?
Lost forever.

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Any XP gained after you hit the level cap is lost. You have to start with the quests in the new expansion. There should be plenty of quests to get you to level 65.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
The XP you gained while at the level cap is lost, sorry. That is just the way it is. But, don't worry because the new quests that are available will give enough XP to reach the new level cap.

Ensign
Aug 30, 2009
It's lost. It won't add on since it was done while you were capped.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
A level cap means that no more experience will be accumulated and you can't go up any more levels until the cap is raised which usually means the next major update. Unfortunately, this means that all the experience after you reach the old level 50 cap is lost. The good news is that now the level cap is 65. In the Test Game (as opposed to the Live Game), people were able to reach that cap.

I didn't make it that far in the game so this is something I have heard about. The reason I didn't reach that level was I started a new character for the Test Game and was only able to get partially through MooShu.

My plan for when I reach the level cap is to stop doing things for experience and start doing other things. Things like farming enemies for certain item drops and/or raising my Nautical Levels. Or playing my other pirates (ones with different classes and Companions). You do know that an account can have a total of 6 different pirates don't you?

Have fun and see you in the Skyways.

Sincere Harry Webb

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
you wont get any xp if you was maxed before new content update and finished all quests.

Not to worry thou you wont have any issue going from 50 to 65 with the new content since KI gave enuff xp in each quest to do just that.

Marleybone you should finish from 50-58 (i was 58 when hitting aquila with all marleybone quests done)

Aquila should be 58-65

so yea don't worry you will be fine

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
ordeith on May 24, 2013 wrote:
you will hit 65 no problem doing just the main story quest line stuff.