Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

True Grit is overpowered

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
In this boss Josey Quails he keeps using and spamming True Grit where I just take one hundred damage and its impossible to kill him because he keeps getting more and more criticals you gotta fix this.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Easy way to counter this. Send your melee units to attack Josey so he can't activate true grit

Community Leader
True Grit is a ranged Talent, so it will only trigger when another ranged unit (aka Musketeer) shoots at him.

Using your melee (Buccaneer / Swashbuckler) or Witchdoctor companions against him instead will avoid triggering his True Grit.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Yup, a lesson I learned after being thumped a few times. Esp. with bosses, use melee crew against shooters and shooters to go after melee bosses.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
That is true, you should use melee classes or "close combat" fighters on him. One cool thing about True Grit, that doesnt make it completely impossible to beat with a musketeer, it that the range is the same as it's regular attack. How does this help? Im possitive he cannot fire as far as Bonnie Anne can, so try getting her as far away and attacking.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Sierra Starsong on Feb 11, 2013 wrote:
True Grit is a ranged Talent, so it will only trigger when another ranged unit (aka Musketeer) shoots at him.

Using your melee (Buccaneer / Swashbuckler) or Witchdoctor companions against him instead will avoid triggering his True Grit.
Actually Ted the crab witchdoctor who is really good to my team I know he gets bad when he levels up but I use him for now. Anyways so I was about to kill Josey then suddenly he kills Ted with True Grit so Witchdoctors won't work at all.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I just beat him with my companions Nurse Quinn, Subodai, and the Monquistador explorer Marquis. I followed the instructions not to use musketeers and witchdoctor companions and none of them died in fight. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Sneaky Jonathan L21

Bosun
May 10, 2010
It is easier to complain than to try and find a way around a scenario.

Sorry, but just because you have a difficult time with a specific power or talent, does not make that power OverPowered. Please refrain from using that term, as people use it way too much.

Thank you!

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Zlyxer on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
Actually Ted the crab witchdoctor who is really good to my team I know he gets bad when he levels up but I use him for now. Anyways so I was about to kill Josey then suddenly he kills Ted with True Grit so Witchdoctors won't work at all.
That is impossible. True Grit can't trigger against mojo.
Bristly Kevin

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
wiz11110 on Feb 16, 2013 wrote:
That is impossible. True Grit can't trigger against mojo.
Bristly Kevin
Really? Then that might be a little glitch or bug.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Darth JT on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
It is easier to complain than to try and find a way around a scenario.

Sorry, but just because you have a difficult time with a specific power or talent, does not make that power OverPowered. Please refrain from using that term, as people use it way too much.

Thank you!
I don't know why I used the word overpowered. Sorry.

Sneaky Jonathan L24