Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship Battles

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 08, 2008
the biggest problem or should I call it pain I've found so far is when you have to do ship battles. you start doing battle with one (1) enemy ship which of course is a higher rank then yours and all of a sudden your being attacked by another, and then your put into a hand to hand battle because your ships health has been pretty much been depleted. I've also noticed that the enemies seem to be able to hit and heal at a faster rate then we can.
couldn't this be balanced out a little better ? especially the two on one ship thing, I find it annoying trying to deal with one ship and here comes his buddies and then you can kiss your chance of sinking it goodbye.
i'm using a crown ship that is fully equipped.

Community Leader
I usually just run to a windlane when I get an add during a ship battle unless I severely outclass the ship I was fighting. Faster to regroup and try to single them out than to do all battles hand-to-hand. Trying to just sink the ships without being boarded is an interesting metagame of sorts.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Aug 25, 2011
I agree completely. This is something they need to fix in the game. It wasn't much of a problem in the early areas, but once you get further into the game this causes serious problems. Especially when fighting multiple ships to get a drop, such as black feathers in the big sky area. Please fix this KI!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
What I do when I see ships groups together, is find the one at the furthest edge, go up to it so it will target me, then I use the 'down' arrow key just a little bit at a time to back up and pull the enemy ship further away from his buddies.

Each ship has a certain area that they can 'patrol'. If you can get a ship pulled towards you, but still within its range then his buddies won't be able to reach you (because they have reached their 'edge' of patrol).

It takes a bit of practice, but it works very well, especially if you're fighting solo.