Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Today's bugginess

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 08, 2011
Bugs encountered today during play:

Avocados to be collected in The Gold Mine are invisible and cannot be spotted without the quest arrow.

Batacudas being asked for by the Monquistidors in Puerto Mico and The Gold Mine are not located in the area stated by the quests, but rather in the Skull Island Skyway. Flying Fish are seen in the Tradewinds Skyway.

There is a tomb in the Gold Mine area (I didn't write down the name, but the first room contained three Aztecosaur Mummies and an Aztecosaur Blood Lord) whose map comes up as that of the Flooded Tunnels.

My $10 gift card 1 month subscription ran out - the day after I bought the card at Gamestop and redeemed it. Something under 30 hours in duration.
------------------------

1 complaint from another player: My use of the Kraken's Coils power was apparently unreasonably loud compared to the other powers and attacks being used in combat.

Administrator
Thanks for your reports. I'll make sure they get some visibility. Please contact our Support especially regarding the early expiration of your gift card. Also, just would like to give you a heads up in case you didn't know that you can report bugs through the use of the Orange Question Mark up above. Click Contact Support, then click Report a Bug, and then you can select the Contact Us tab to fill out a bug report.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Administrator
When contacting support, please also include the following information:

1. Confirm username (which account are you playing)
2. What area were you trying to access when this prompt to pay occurred?
3. What time (approximately) was it?
4. Please attach game logs for further review (See note below about game logs)
5. Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?

In order to best determine next course of action, they'll need to see your Captain.log file next time this happens. It's quite easy to send one. Use your email service to add an attachment. Drill down to the Pirate101 Folder then to the Bin Folder and the Log Folder then select "Captain_XXX.Log" (the highest numbered one or the most recently dated). Then just hit send!

If this is too large for your email server to attach or send, then open the game folder, go to the the bin folder again and locate the Captain.log. Right click on the log file and select Save as Zip (or similar wording - will vary depending on your specific operating system). Then, go back to your email and attach the newly zipped Captain.log.zip file.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Oct 07, 2010
I have a hit card that wont cast "Snap Shot" Can someone give me some feed back on this. I did report as a bug today

I also have another totem card I got and is unusable. "Guaranteed critical strike". Please tell me why I can use, I am a swashbuckler and the card is for this class. This has also been reported on bug reports. Thanks

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Do you have a Shooty weapon equipped (either Shooty by itself or Shooty along with one of the other weapon types)? Another possibility might be that for the weapon you are trying to use means you have to learn the Talent Shooty Weapons (Rank 1) from the Musketeer Trainer.

And, finally, Snap Shot only works in a straight line (you determine the direction by clicking on one of the eight light squares nearest your character). When you select to use Snap Shot, the 8 squares nearest your character will light up and you choose the direction by moving the cursor over (shows you which enemies will be damaged, if any) and clicking on one of those squares.

Ensign
Oct 07, 2010
Ensign
Jun 08, 2011
Yes, Support handled the gift card issue promptly.

-------------------------------------

However... there's a flaw in a recent update.
The update said:
"Players will no longer sometimes find themselves misplaced and stuck underneath Avery's office."

It happened again to my Privateer today upon leaving the office, appearing trapped in the space between Avery's Court and the beach at the docks.. Luckily, he could port to the life fountain to get out.

Also, the same character (level 10, with Ensign Emmett and Gaspard de Vole), walked into Gorgo's room in Flotsam. From what I'm given to understand, this boss should only be reachable by someone with Louis de Bisque among their Companions, and only at a much higher level.