Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

similarities between pirate101 and popculture

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
First thing I can not get over how similar captain blood is to davy jones from pirates of the caribbean. Both are an inch away from being immortal. Both have crews of partly undead men. And they both act about the same way as well as having a weakness that both start with h (heart and hand). And he has a ghost ship that has similarities to the flying dutchman. Though that other guy back in skull island was either a different man or him under a different name after all you don't kill mr. Golden hook he seems to warp somewhere.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Pirate101 fan on Jan 9, 2016 wrote:
First thing I can not get over how similar captain blood is to davy jones from pirates of the caribbean. Both are an inch away from being immortal. Both have crews of partly undead men. And they both act about the same way as well as having a weakness that both start with h (heart and hand). And he has a ghost ship that has similarities to the flying dutchman. Though that other guy back in skull island was either a different man or him under a different name after all you don't kill mr. Golden hook he seems to warp somewhere.
Pirate101 often references from movies myth and history so remove eye patch and keep an eye out for them

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I also noticed that right before beach head your crew makes a starwars reference. I don't know if it appears to all classes or just swashbucklers but I noticed the reference right when it happened.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Pirate101 fan on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
I also noticed that right before beach head your crew makes a starwars reference. I don't know if it appears to all classes or just swashbucklers but I noticed the reference right when it happened.
What's the reference?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
What's the reference?
I don't remember exactly what they said but look up what the gang from a new hope say before going to the death star. In marleybone before beach head they say that's no something (I forgot what it's called and I can't find it again on the Internet) that's a skyship!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
What's the reference?
Bonnie Anne: "Look at that, why, it looks like a salad spoon!"
Subodai: "That's no salad spoon."