Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So tired of Witchhunter

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 23, 2015
Why is it every other class can get chains off of witchhunter except a witch. OK before you say it yes we can get a readied spell or mojo off that does little damage but you really think this is fair to get burst fire double tap or relentless or whatever off of witch hunter? Been fighting a musket who I can't attack because he fires at me and bursts 3 or 4 times with every spell I try to cast. We need a preemptive strike against shooty and melee weapons then. Make intuition work for us for a change. Why "witchhunter". This effects not just witches but all our witch companions too. I don't think the developers meant for this when they thought of it and needs to be addressed. One preemptive shot or one hit I can take not a barrage of gun fire or epic swings. Very disappointed that KI hasn't given us feedback or acknowledge there is some major problems with PVP. Where is Ratbeard anyways?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mike888b on Oct 16, 2015 wrote:
Why is it every other class can get chains off of witchhunter except a witch. OK before you say it yes we can get a readied spell or mojo off that does little damage but you really think this is fair to get burst fire double tap or relentless or whatever off of witch hunter? Been fighting a musket who I can't attack because he fires at me and bursts 3 or 4 times with every spell I try to cast. We need a preemptive strike against shooty and melee weapons then. Make intuition work for us for a change. Why "witchhunter". This effects not just witches but all our witch companions too. I don't think the developers meant for this when they thought of it and needs to be addressed. One preemptive shot or one hit I can take not a barrage of gun fire or epic swings. Very disappointed that KI hasn't given us feedback or acknowledge there is some major problems with PVP. Where is Ratbeard anyways?
Maybe your opponents are getting these chains because their accuracy beats your companions armor or dodge?

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 16, 2015 wrote:
Maybe your opponents are getting these chains because their accuracy beats your companions armor or dodge?
That is most likely the case, however Witchdoctors naturally come with lower accuracy and dodge, so we don't have a choice whether they beat a WD's acc/dodge/range or not. It is something that happens by default, which causes a problem since the only advantage most WDs have over other class companions is AoE damage. They do less single target damage, less accuracy, health = to bucklers, less dodge, less range, all for a few spell power based powers(quantity of powers is at max above average(5) and mostly around average) and typically slightly better resist than Muskets(not by a whole lot). This is generalizing a bit, but you can see the point.

Since RatBeard has stated that IMB should not collide with Mojo Rising, maybe have IMB affect all magic talents(damage, debuffs stay to the initial target) so that they are known for more than their at most 5 powers(Old Scratch)
or make them have like 4 range and average(Bucc/Privy range) dodge and/or health(musket/Buccaneer)(-Acc for AoE potential)

Besides a large arrays of powers that WD players have(not companions, Emmet has more powers than the main character WD), they initially do not have much going for them, besides readied spell 3 and high resist.

For now, I do see the issue with having an anti-magic talent when all WD companions are at a severe disadvantage(their advantages are rarely seen used in PvP, it can be done though) however rather than having anti melee/ranged talents, perhaps we should give them some good reason to have it around >:D

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Mike888b on Oct 16, 2015 wrote:
Actually, I've seen a board similar to yours, and I completely agree. I even posted power names. I can't remember what I called them, so for now I'll come up with new names.

Melee version of Witchhunter: Edge Duller

Gun version: Wetten Powder

Not the best names, but I do believe there should be a version of Witchhunter for each of the other classes.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65