Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Barricade is worthless, now.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I was never a fan of the barricade power for musketeers. Most maps did not have places where a barricade would be a good defensive move. In addition since musketeers can't fire through or over it, it made little sense.

Now, however, it seems that barricades can only be set up directly vertically, horizontally, or diagonally from your musketeer. Which means you often have to move your musketeer first to be able to place the barricade in that one bottleneck on the map.

But, of course, by the time you get your musketeer in the spot to put that barricade up...the enemy is already through the bottleneck.

Gee, thanks for making a weak power totally useless.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Sep 19, 2015 wrote:
I was never a fan of the barricade power for musketeers. Most maps did not have places where a barricade would be a good defensive move. In addition since musketeers can't fire through or over it, it made little sense.

Now, however, it seems that barricades can only be set up directly vertically, horizontally, or diagonally from your musketeer. Which means you often have to move your musketeer first to be able to place the barricade in that one bottleneck on the map.

But, of course, by the time you get your musketeer in the spot to put that barricade up...the enemy is already through the bottleneck.

Gee, thanks for making a weak power totally useless.
If you think it's useless, then you're using it incorrectly.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
If you think it's useless, then you're using it incorrectly.
what is the current way to best use this power? it is a bit unwieldy in terms of musket not being able to shoot through it(if its THEIR barricade)..can make it then back up I guess..
though when I first considered it I imagined that it be more like irl if you made a barricade in front of you, you would then leave a tiny hole in it through which you might shoot at your enemy..whatcha think? Does this improvement idea seem too op? if so maybe ONLY the pirate that places barricade and not their companions can shoot through or out from behind the barricade?
stormy jen silver

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
To get past it I just teleporter over there