Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New looks for Pirate Regatta's enemies & creatures

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

Doing the Pirate's Regatta nautical gauntlet has been a big blast, but once I saw the enemies there, they were just obviously re-skins, or to place it differently palette swaps, of past enemies from Skull Island that I've seen before. I'm all for seeing & fighting new enemies & creatures, but seeing re-colorations of past ones that don't properly match their descriptions & names, it's so... a bit... boring & bland to me.

So, I was thinking the Pirate Regatta's enemies & creatures, even the bosses themselves, they should receive new appearance changes that completely matches their descriptions & names. Any who played W101 a long time ago remembered how certain enemy mobs & bosses had the same looks before they were changed in Dec 2009, like Rattlebones & Grubb, E.G.? Well, I thought that kind of thing should occur in the Pirate Regatta instance.

The following bosses there should have new looks, both drastic &/or subtle...
  1. Big Eye Bull
  2. Gnarly Mutt
  3. The Shellfisher
  4. Sand Castle Monkey
  5. Spirit of the Sea Foam

Plus, the following enemies should have new looks, too... though, I can't fit all of them in at once, but here's some I can think of...

1. Bull Pup
  2. Mutt Squawker
  3. Sand Shark
  4. Sea Foam Spirit
  5. Shellfish Crawlie
  6. Sea Foam Specter
  7. Sun Burned Monkey
  8. Sun Crazed Monkey
  9. Sun Sick Monkey
  10. Sun Screened Monkey
  11. Sea Foam Caller
  12. Medium Shellfish Thug
  13. Jumbo Shellfish Thug
  14. Bull Sparker
  15. Sea Foam Deckhand

Those are my thoughts on how the Pirate Regatta' enemies should have new looks. Maybe someday, I hope you may give these enemies new looks... & perhaps new sounds during combat, too.

Thanks once again for listening!

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Trimond297 on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Doing the Pirate's Regatta nautical gauntlet has been a big blast, but once I saw the enemies there, they were just obviously re-skins, or to place it differently palette swaps, of past enemies from Skull Island that I've seen before. I'm all for seeing & fighting new enemies & creatures, but seeing re-colorations of past ones that don't properly match their descriptions & names, it's so... a bit... boring & bland to me.

So, I was thinking the Pirate Regatta's enemies & creatures, even the bosses themselves, they should receive new appearance changes that completely matches their descriptions & names. Any who played W101 a long time ago remembered how certain enemy mobs & bosses had the same looks before they were changed in Dec 2009, like Rattlebones & Grubb, E.G.? Well, I thought that kind of thing should occur in the Pirate Regatta instance.

The following bosses there should have new looks, both drastic &/or subtle...
  1. Big Eye Bull
  2. Gnarly Mutt
  3. The Shellfisher
  4. Sand Castle Monkey
  5. Spirit of the Sea Foam

Plus, the following enemies should have new looks, too... though, I can't fit all of them in at once, but here's some I can think of...

1. Bull Pup
  2. Mutt Squawker
  3. Sand Shark
  4. Sea Foam Spirit
  5. Shellfish Crawlie
  6. Sea Foam Specter
  7. Sun Burned Monkey
  8. Sun Crazed Monkey
  9. Sun Sick Monkey
  10. Sun Screened Monkey
  11. Sea Foam Caller
  12. Medium Shellfish Thug
  13. Jumbo Shellfish Thug
  14. Bull Sparker
  15. Sea Foam Deckhand

Those are my thoughts on how the Pirate Regatta' enemies should have new looks. Maybe someday, I hope you may give these enemies new looks... & perhaps new sounds during combat, too.

Thanks once again for listening!
Enemy pallets matching their descriptions would be great, and won't require that much time to make! The regatta is very dull... nothing interesting goes on. There is so much potential for nautical gauntlets! I am definitely going to make a post about their potential!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
EMC99 on Aug 15, 2015 wrote:
Enemy pallets matching their descriptions would be great, and won't require that much time to make! The regatta is very dull... nothing interesting goes on. There is so much potential for nautical gauntlets! I am definitely going to make a post about their potential!
Well, I was thinking of the enemies' models on the Regatta would receive new looks, while bosses' models would receive unique new looks, but, yeah, that would go with it, too. So much potential, indeed.