Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How do I kill Ch'ok Ak'ab without destroying the s

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 03, 2015
I am haveing trouble killing Ch'ok Ak'ab because we want to try to get the pet he drops if you kill him himself if anyone has any tips pls let me know.

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
law1999fun on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:
I am haveing trouble killing Ch'ok Ak'ab because we want to try to get the pet he drops if you kill him himself if anyone has any tips pls let me know.
I believe destroying his statue is the only way to defeat him, I think he heals himself otherwise.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Who told you that you had to kill him to get the pet? That's wrong. The task is not to kill Ch'ok Ak'ab but to destroy the crystal statues. When you have destroyed the statue, he will drop his boss chest, and his Second Chance Chest will appear. Keep farming him or use the SCC for the pet.

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Don't bother trying to kill Ch'ok Ak'ab because he heals himself whenever his health bar goes into the yellow zone.

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
Pirate Master on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
Don't bother trying to kill Ch'ok Ak'ab because he heals himself whenever his health bar goes into the yellow zone.
only strong person with power that has alot of hits can kill him so sorry thats won't work

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Not even a level 65 pirate can kill him; KI has nerfed the damage he takes to ensure his survival. You don't kill him, you shatter the statue. Once it's gone you can loot his chest and second chance chest.

Ensign
Aug 16, 2015
I didn't know that he even dropped a pet? What is called sorry don't have any tips.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The cowboy pirate on Oct 31, 2015 wrote:
I didn't know that he even dropped a pet? What is called sorry don't have any tips.
He drops the Dinolizard and he's the only one to drop it. Don't bother trying to kill him; I've even tried Assassin's Shroud ( the one with the no heal curse ) and he still heals himself.

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 1, 2015 wrote:
He drops the Dinolizard and he's the only one to drop it. Don't bother trying to kill him; I've even tried Assassin's Shroud ( the one with the no heal curse ) and he still heals himself.
what a cheat
healing whenever he is a bit hurt

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Ahoy there pirates!
Yeah, if you just destroy the White Crystal statue you will be victorious! You don't have to defeat Chok A'kab himself. You can farm him or his chest,(which appears after the battle), if you like.

Ensign
Dec 03, 2015
i got the pet once but if you were a level 65, i bet you can kill him

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
enderskeleten210 on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
i got the pet once but if you were a level 65, i bet you can kill him
Nope, there's a damage cap on him and he heals instantly.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I learned that critical hits only do the damage of a person who's quest is to be there. So you can only do use Normal hits which can be a problem with higher level companions. So have a low level companion lower his health to just above half health then send the strongest member of your crew to kill him the rest of the way. Though you might have to reset your companions so they have no epics so you can ensure that it stays just above half otherwise he will heal.

Ensign
Dec 16, 2008
I don't think you can

Petty Officer
Jun 19, 2014
mario king on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
only strong person with power that has alot of hits can kill him so sorry thats won't work
i know exactly how to kill him. my buccaneer can use krakens koils sharks fury and whales might AND walk in shadows and he has backstab. bam.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
milo gt on May 1, 2016 wrote:
i know exactly how to kill him. my buccaneer can use krakens koils sharks fury and whales might AND walk in shadows and he has backstab. bam.
Try it, I'll bet you'll find that the full damage doesn't go through and that ol' Ch'Ok then heals himself.
It's not possible to kill him, the requirement is to destroy the statue.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
anecorbie on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
Nope, there's a damage cap on him and he heals instantly.
Yeah, I had wing chun crane master like level 54 and still I used super hit but it did like 20 damage to ensure his survival.

Ensign
Aug 08, 2010
milo gt on May 1, 2016 wrote:
I believe that in the summer update which introduced him, they changed boss enemies so that they could not lose more than 1/3 of their max health from any one attack. Ch'ok Ak'ab interrupt heals once he hits the yellow, so there is literally no way to defeat him conventionally, and if you did somehow find a way, you would probably crash the game since it wasn't meant to happen.

And, just for the whole special requirement for a drop thing, they don't put that much effort into designing loot tables. It's all just RNG (Random Number Generation).

Ensign
Jul 12, 2014
mario king on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
This will not work I did this on a similar boss and it didn't work and he was level 6 while I was 37 The game for some reason will lower your own damage against him. so yeah this plan will not work.

Ensign
Nov 28, 2011
It's impossible to kill Ch'ok ak'ab with out smashing the statue first. I tried and I failed