Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Should I Report This?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
When I was plying with a friend he suddenly used a bad word to describe a dungeon. Should I use report for really bad language?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, foul language is one of the reportable offences.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
Yes, foul language is one of the reportable offences.
If it was done using parts of words, to pronounce it do I still report it? Or is it then considered that we can't be sure? Based on the way it was structured I know he intended it as a certain word but is it reportable if he spelled it using to words? I want to be sure I won't lose my account for this.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Quite Jacques on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
If it was done using parts of words, to pronounce it do I still report it? Or is it then considered that we can't be sure? Based on the way it was structured I know he intended it as a certain word but is it reportable if he spelled it using to words? I want to be sure I won't lose my account for this.
Ahoy!

Someone typing around the chat filter in order to curse should definitely be reported. Thanks for helping keep the Spiral safe!

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Bonnie Anne on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Someone typing around the chat filter in order to curse should definitely be reported. Thanks for helping keep the Spiral safe!
Ok thx for telling me.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Bonnie Anne on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Okay I reported him, thx for the help.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
the loyalty in this thread is real, btw you do know when you report someone it removes them from your friends list and places them on ignore

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
zuto4011a on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
the loyalty in this thread is real, btw you do know when you report someone it removes them from your friends list and places them on ignore
Yep, that's why there are rules & a means to enforcing them. Blatant disregard & breaking of 'real' rules, result in real consequences. When a player can't actually chat foul language or crude remarks-- as in the chat system won't allow it or gives warning that it's not allowed, well, then it should be quite obvious to that player that it is not acceptable. And if that player still chooses to 'creatively' find a way to express that foul & or crude behavior, then they are choosing to break the obvious rules. So, reports should definitely be taken very seriously, but so should following the rules- & even more so.

Some players, blatantly abuse & ignore the rules, especially in regards to the chat system. They may find it funny or think that nobody really cares enough to report them. Those players do need to know that there are real consequences to breaking the rules & that their actions should be held accountable for. There are younger audiences playing this game & all players should respect other players & the rules, as well.

Also, for those players that post videos/channels on other social sites, of their P101 game play, for promoting themselves &/or their videos- it might be a good idea to tone down any obscenities & profanity in those videos. A lot of younger players may choose to check out Pirate101, player videos, for help, strategies or just because they love seeing more about the game. I've seen quite a few player-made videos that have a bit of profanity & other, younger P101 players, may see them.

Sometimes KI provides links to these videos/players in Newsletters. The videos linked have been approved, but sometimes the player/user that posts those videos have other in-game videos that are not appropriate. So, I think it would be welcomed decency to tone down some of those videos of P101 game play, especially if KI is kind enough to support them & their videos. Sure it's not a rule, but it's just more a matter of decency to those who may view those videos.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
In this world there is always something that forces a person to have to close up their real thoughts and feelings from others. We can't say things or express our emotions because it can be seen as against the views of society, unprofessional, childish, crude, or just plain wrong. It is very difficult to go anywhere now and be able to talk freely openly and with heart out of fear for being reported, arrested, or publically destroyed. It used to be that with friends, a person was free to be themselves. Now even that isn't true, now I even have to watch out for them. So if I say something in the heat of the moment or say something hoping for a laugh now I have to watch out. Thanks for the warning guys.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey