Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Diego the Duelmaster

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 25, 2010
I just entered Valencia for the first time, and I am seeing a lot of Unicorns that look like Diego the Duelmaster from Wizard City. Does Diego originally come from Valencia? That'd be quite cool if he did.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Yes, I'm quite sure that Diego does in fact come from Valencia.
If you notice, he even follows the long standing tradition of Valencian Unicorn Fencers refusing to wear pants. But, perhaps they do actually wear a pair of short shorts?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
AvalonianDragon on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
I just entered Valencia for the first time, and I am seeing a lot of Unicorns that look like Diego the Duelmaster from Wizard City. Does Diego originally come from Valencia? That'd be quite cool if he did.
Hi Avalonian Dragon, welcome to the message boards.
That's a really good question.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Kinda makes you wonder if he sends anything back to Valencia about the wizards. Medea was also interested in learning about the wizards.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
May 31, 2009
CdeWinter on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
Yes, I'm quite sure that Diego does in fact come from Valencia.
If you notice, he even follows the long standing tradition of Valencian Unicorn Fencers refusing to wear pants. But, perhaps they do actually wear a pair of short shorts?
This reminds me of a thing.

So, if you've ever played any games out of the Legend of Zelda series, particularly Ocarina of Time, you'll notice that young/Kokiri Link appears not to wear pants. Thankfully, he does wear pants, and they are indeed a pair of rather short shorts.

I would assume it is the same case with Diego and Ridolfo (as brought up in another thread). After all, no pants would be quite chilly, not to mention embarrassing on a windy day.

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
Actually, he is. In one of the Pirate101 monthly newsletters, it is stated somewhere along the lines that he is indeed Valencian. That's a pretty interesting fact.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Mar 27, 2015 wrote:

So, if you've ever played any games out of the Legend of Zelda series, particularly Ocarina of Time, you'll notice that young/Kokiri Link appears not to wear pants. Thankfully, he does wear pants, and they are indeed a pair of rather short shorts.

I would assume it is the same case with Diego and Ridolfo (as brought up in another thread). After all, no pants would be quite chilly, not to mention embarrassing on a windy day.
I think that's probably the case. The shirt both the swordsmen wear is long so it's possible that it's just covered. If not well, whatever makes him happy I guess. But you know they always say no shirt, no shoes, no service. but they don't mention pants..... lol

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
MistyDragon13 on Mar 27, 2015 wrote:

Oh my goodness, that kinda reminds me of rather strange song, "Donald where's yer trousers"

..."Let the winds blow high, let the winds blow low, through the streets in my kilt I'll go..."

But yes, it could be quite probable that Diego and Ridolfo are actually wearing short shorts. Although there is a Roman/Greek version of the kilt, which is rather shorter than a highland kilt.