Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

turn the tide pet grant for buccaneers

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
i got the staff of power recently so i traded it for the dragon axe of doom and was hoping my pet would grant turn the tide. to my surprise it did but it didn't count as rank 3 turn the tide. it was a whole new turn the tide. is this a bug or not. if its not could you make it to were buccaneers who already have it count as a new rank?

Developer
That's a bug-- can you tell me which pet has that grant?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
i got the staff of power recently so i traded it for the dragon axe of doom and was hoping my pet would grant turn the tide. to my surprise it did but it didn't count as rank 3 turn the tide. it was a whole new turn the tide. is this a bug or not. if its not could you make it to were buccaneers who already have it count as a new rank?
Hey there Jack! I posted about this same issue in this thread about pets that grant an extra rank of Turn the Tide-- in which Ratbeard stated...

"It's a bug-- a few pets had an older "copy" of the talent, so instead of stacking properly, they were granting the new copy side by side with the old version.

Fixed for the next release."

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
That's a bug-- can you tell me which pet has that grant?
Ok, I equipped and checked on Live all my pets that grant Turn the Tide. For all of them, the grant created an additional listing of TtT and did not stack it onto my Buccaneer's already TtT Rank 2. These are the pets I have that grant TtT.

Mini-Minotaurs, Coral Widows, Fire Toads, Bullrogs, Clocktopus and Durango Buffaloon

I then checked on Test and equipped all the same grant TtT pets and they were all working properly, with the TtT properly adding to the other ranks for a 3 out of 3-- and the extra listing was gone as well. I'll see if any other of my pirates have any other pet types with grants TtT.

Developer
That fix has been in for a while, and now we've added a second layer of checking on the server.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
its the heck kitty. i find that the extra turn the tide doesn't really do anything but i am glad this is being fixed. now i don't have to fret over my dragon axe turn the tide rank 3. if its any help to you its the first talent i got from her. but thank you to both of you. now i can use my staff of power with the heck kitty giving me what the dragon axe could