Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Decius: Question about 'Special Pet Gear'

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello Decius!

I have been enjoying the Advanced Pet System and Morphing System tremendously........in fact, almost as much as a Not so Great White Shark would enjoy winning a lifetime supply of toothpicks or as much as an Aquilan Eagle taking a birdbath in a sleeping Titan's bellybutton, after a mid-summer's day rain shower .

I just had a question about the 'secretly special' pet gear that you can get from certain pet training events, such as The Hornpipe....among many others. Is the bonus gear you have a chance of getting from those events, on a 100% random roll? I have been trying to pay attention and discover if there was any sure-fire programming logic as to whether or not receiving the bonus pet gear was random or there possibly was a method to the madness. I have not been able to pinpoint any logic and it all appears to be on a random roll, but I wanted to ask as to whether I should give up my investigative efforts or press on.

If it's random......Kewl, if not I surely don't need to know what influences the bonus gear, I just want to know if I should keep searching for the possible common thread that produces the bonus gear, as I don't mind trying to solve a good mystery.....that is until I know it isn't there to be solved.

Thank you and I'll surely be seeing you in Circus Maximus-- slight understatement there, as I think I may actually need Morphers Anonymous!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
The bellybutton thing gave me a super disturbing image and I didn't get to read the rest of the question.......Although I was hoping to get some knowledge on pet gear......

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
The bellybutton thing gave me a super disturbing image and I didn't get to read the rest of the question.......Although I was hoping to get some knowledge on pet gear......

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Sorry for the disturbing image Dante, it surely wasn't my intentions....just a joke but yes, some jokes just aren't meant for all people.

If you need some knowledge on pet gear, I would be glad to help or share anything I know. There are a couple of gear tips in the last couple pages of the PHP thread. I hope to add some more, with a complete listing of which training events have the possibility to yield the referred to 'bonus' pet gear that can be sold for good gold....such as the events:

Skull Island (LVL 10)- The Hornpipe (Bosun's Whistle/sells for 1020 gold)
Monquista (LVL 15)- Monkey Bars (Racket/sells for 450 gold)
MooShu (LVL 35)- Crane Meditation (Sumo Belt/sells for 1020 gold)
MooShu (LVL 35)- Sumo Match (Brushes/sells for 1020 gold)
MooShu (LVL 35)- Tiger Meditation (Sanding Pads/sells for 1020 gold)
Marleybone (LVL 45)- Wind Sprints (Sandals of Nike/sells for 1020 gold)
Aquila (LVL 55)- Shot Put (Laurel Wreath/sells for 1020 gold)

These are just a few of the 'bonus gear' and training events that I was inquiring about. There are still a few more as well and I will be adding them all to the PhP thread soon. The are only occasionally rewarded after training in their respective events. I was just trying to see if it was a 100% random roll or if there were other factors that influenced whether you are rewarded them or not after training.

The inclusion of the bellybutton joke is just a side effect of mine, and it's who I am.....and whom I shall remain.

I would still love to hear from Decius as to whether the 'bonus' gear is 100% randomly rewarded. Thank you!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Belly button bird bath, might be OK as long as there isn't too much lint.

As for those "special" drops it is random off certain tasks. They are also used in certain tasks, but can be sold for a little bit of gold if you like.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
So, if a Titan's belly button is a bird bath, then are the little bird ships that sail within 'navel' forces?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
So, if a Titan's belly button is a bird bath, then are the little bird ships that sail within 'navel' forces?
That is just too funny Anne! I cracked up upon reading that one.......dang, why didn't I think of that?! Love it!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
Bwahahahahah Great one Anne.