Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrid or not hybrid, that is the question!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 21, 2008
Can anyone confirm or answer this, please?

Am I able to get hybrid (X) itself, when I am morphing same hybrid (X) with:

a) Hybrid (X)?
b) Hybrid (Y)?
c) Normal pet (A or B (when morphing A and B is the formula to get hybrid X))?
d) Any other pet that is neither hybrid or component pet to form that hybrid?

This is one of the confusing things, that most people including me were wondering.

So far from my experience, I did managed to get Paper Dragon, although I morphed my Deathstalker Scorpion and my friends Paper Dragon. While morphing with my friends Grimtooth and my Scorpion, I only managed to get Ebon Spectre.

Thank you!
Samuel

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Jojimbo101 on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:

a) Hybrid (X)?
b) Hybrid (Y)?

This is one of the confusing things, that most people including me were wondering.

So far from my experience, I did managed to get Paper Dragon, although I morphed my Deathstalker Scorpion and my friends Paper Dragon. While morphing with my friends Grimtooth and my Scorpion, I only managed to get Ebon Spectre.

Thank you!
Samuel
Most hybrids will reproduce themselves but some will not. I do believe Decius confirmed that the Grimtooth will not reproduce itself and with all the tries I have heard on the Bullrog, it has not been able to reproduce itself either. Some will but it is really rare so ya just have to keep trying as Hep just keeps getting richer

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Jojimbo101 on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:

a) Hybrid (X)?
b) Hybrid (Y)?

Thank you!
Samuel
Hello there Samuel.

There's a few hybrids that can only be received by morphing the parents together. If you or a morphing partner use one of those select hybrids, you will only get either the parents that make up the hybrid or the other pet that was used in the morph.

I know that the Grimtooth and the Bullrog are 2 hybrids that will only give back a parent if the hybrid itself is used to morph with. I have heard that the Emusaur is also one of these hybrids, but I am not sure about any others that can't be directly morphed with to get the same hybrid back.

So to get the Grimtooth when morphing by yourself, you have to use both parent pets. When morphing with a partner, you both have to use a parent pet (different ones of course). Same for Bullrog hybrid and possibly Emusaur.

For the other known hybrids you can use any pet along with the hybrid itself to possibly get the same hybrid that was used for the morph. Also, as long as you use 2 hybrids that can be 'directly morphed with', you will get either hybrid back from morphing them together. If you use 2 of the same hybrids, that don't just give parents back, then you will get one of the same hybrids used back. This has been my experiences at least.

Hope this helps a little!

Petty Officer
May 21, 2008
Oooh! Thank you kindly Chrissy and Valkoor.

So there how it is! There are two types of hybrids that can be reproduced and that can only be gotten with a special morph. Could not have guessed that, as I though there is only one way.

Thanks again!

Samuel

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Jojimbo101 on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:

So there how it is! There are two types of hybrids that can be reproduced and that can only be gotten with a special morph. Could not have guessed that, as I though there is only one way.

Thanks again!

Samuel
You're quite welcome Samuel.

Yeppers, if you want to try for that Grimtooth or Bullrog (maybe even Emusaur?), then you best be using the two parents to try and get them, as you can't direct morph with the Grimtooth or Bullrog hybrid, and get that same hybrid. I'm sure there may be others in the future that follow that example as well.

Best of luck to you with your pets and on your morphing endeavors!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Jojimbo101 on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:

Thanks again!

Samuel
To be precise, in biological terms, there are only four possible outcomes from a given morph:
1. One of the parent pets' species.
2. A New Species - shares physical characteristics from both parents and can reproduce its look in one generation.
3. A Hybrid - shares physical characteristics from both parents, but cannot reproduce its look in one generation.
4. One of the parent pets of the hybrid's species.

* I suppose that the Ostrich you get from the pet quest and the Skarakeet from the Boochbeard bundle must qualify as hybrids also.