Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Should I get crowns

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Hi fellow pirates of the spiral so I am saving some money to buy something nice but to be honest I kind of want to get crowns I know some of you guys or gals might say well it's just a game well I really like this game but don't know if it's worth it please help

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dragonmaster1236 on Oct 1, 2014 wrote:
Hi fellow pirates of the spiral so I am saving some money to buy something nice but to be honest I kind of want to get crowns I know some of you guys or gals might say well it's just a game well I really like this game but don't know if it's worth it please help
*Looks at all my cool Crown Shop items* Doesn't look like a waste to me.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Do you enjoy the game? Is it giving you some pleasure?

If crowns purchases will make you happy (second chance chests, crown shop items, renting henchmen to help in the nasty fights), go for it. If not, save those pennies for something that will.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
This really is a question nobody can answer for you.

There are plenty of players who love crowns and the things that you can buy with them. Worse comes to worst, you can buy gold and use that in the game.

Others, like myself, don't really see much point, as farming can get you equally powerful items, eventually, if you even need them, and crowns cost money while farming costs only time.

It all depends on how you want to play.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
:D crown items can indeed be very fun. Also just a tip, KIgames.com has trivia pages that allow you to earn at least 100 crowns a day. You could possibly get something even nicer with the crowns from it.

For example
You can get 1 regular 399 crown card pack every week. (100 crowns a day so a week of trivia will get you 1 pack and 301 crowns)

Anyways one crown item I really recommend is the weapons that have a card and scale through all the levels. (Like the Boarding knives) which are very handy indeed.

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Hmm I don't think so. I don't have much money so always argue with myself when Cool new items cone into the shop. However I always lose/win the argument when ever the packs come out. The packs are awesome for a few crowns a good chance to get really good items pets gear mounts even companions.
So in the end it's up to you but I always seem to find extra money for the packs
Fair sailing

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
For me yes, but only the $10.00 bundle when,not on sale. But if there is a crown bonus or on sale i go for the larger bundle like the $25.00 if I want to the big eighty,but I'm too hesitant ( I don't want to take a chance ) to purchase that amount.It's great to purchase companions like Lucy Starling, Sargent Bob, Fin Dorsal just to name a few great companions. Buy cool mounts,deeds,elixirs,gears and other awesome stuff in the crown shop. If you want or feeling lucky,open a second chance chest after defeating a boss. Crowns are special "gems ", spend them wisely.