Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Hybrid - Thorny Toad

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Violet Bubblefish x Orchid Chameleon = Thorny Toad.

Now I wonder if this hybrid is the one that Decius tried hinting at? Decius?

One more thing: it's Scaled Egg. Is this accurate? It's green with brown stripes. I would've thought that it would have a Croaking egg?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Commodore
May 31, 2009
Woohoo! Another hybrid! Time for me to earn some gold and haunt the Morphing Tent for a few days!

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Wow, ever since this new pack, hybrids have been coming like dogs after a bone

Community Leader
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Wow, ever since this new pack, hybrids have been coming like dogs after a bone
That made me laugh lol

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Kelsey Fireheart on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Violet Bubblefish x Orchid Chameleon = Thorny Toad.

Now I wonder if this hybrid is the one that Decius tried hinting at? Decius?

One more thing: it's Scaled Egg. Is this accurate? It's green with brown stripes. I would've thought that it would have a Croaking egg?
I did hint at this one.

There are still more from the first pass to be found, on top of all the new ones added with the last update.

Soon we can have a reptile and amphibian only sparring match!

Petty Officer
May 21, 2008
Kelsey Fireheart on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
That made me laugh lol
That made me laugh as well!

Community Leader
Decius Duelmaster on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
I did hint at this one.

There are still more from the first pass to be found, on top of all the new ones added with the last update.

Soon we can have a reptile and amphibian only sparring match!
Can we have a hint to the kitty on the 1st place spot from the Bestia Puppet show, is that even released yet???

And why is the Panther the only pet from the Grizzly Pack that is not an actual pet you can get from the pack?? All of the other summon doubloons from the pack have a pet counterpart in the pack you can receive.

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Community Leader
Pirates o the Spir... on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
Can we have a hint to the kitty on the 1st place spot from the Bestia Puppet show, is that even released yet???

And why is the Panther the only pet from the Grizzly Pack that is not an actual pet you can get from the pack?? All of the other summon doubloons from the pack have a pet counterpart in the pack you can receive.
What kitty in the puppet show? Do you mean the tiger cub on the 1st place platform? I definitely would love to know about the tiger cub. I also notice pets in the puppet show that doesn't exist yet like the blue frog, etc.

But yes I would love to know about the Panther.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Kelsey Fireheart on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
What kitty in the puppet show? Do you mean the tiger cub on the 1st place platform? I definitely would love to know about the tiger cub. I also notice pets in the puppet show that doesn't exist yet like the blue frog, etc.

My guess would be using a sabertooth bunny. Try it out to see what you get. Hopefully its the tiger!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:

It would be nice to have that pet around, along with that lizard looking pet in the Morphing Tent, & others you mentioned. Didn't you notice that, too? I did.

So many pets to collect & train for us, & so many more for them to tame.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
thorny toad is a thorn in my side. my friend and I have tried so many times for this, at least 50 times between us I imagine. We have done the 2 person hatch and we have done single hatches. We have tried every combination we can think of and all we have ever gotten is the chameleon or the fish. As we would run out of money, we would move everything to other pirates to pay for it. Then back to Moo Tower to fight and morph again. I have yet to see anyone around with this yet but then again not everyone has their pet walk, usually have a companion. I went through this in wizard back when we could first hatch hybrids with level 48 pets, and some I never did get , tho not for lack of trying. Looks like it's the same way in Pirate, some hybrids just don't ever come through.
A disenchanted BC group of pirates