Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Should these Companions have Officer Training?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The following Companions can have orders for Keel Haulin' even though I did not give them Officer Training and none of them have Brawlin'. Also, the talent list does not show Officer Training even though it does list Keel Haulin' in the Orders list. Is this what was intended?

Catbeard, Gracie Conrad, Fan Flanders, Carcarius Grimtooth, Peter Quint, The Marchinoess, and Chantal Livingstone.

There may be more Companions that I haven't found yet (I'm only part way through Marleybone).

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
The following Companions can have orders for Keel Haulin' even though I did not give them Officer Training and none of them have Brawlin'. Also, the talent list does not show Officer Training even though it does list Keel Haulin' in the Orders list. Is this what was intended?

Catbeard, Gracie Conrad, Fan Flanders, Carcarius Grimtooth, Peter Quint, The Marchinoess, and Chantal Livingstone.

There may be more Companions that I haven't found yet (I'm only part way through Marleybone).
Your companion will not have Brawlin if they are lower level than your pirate and at max level. From my experience Keel Haulin only becomes available when Brawlin is not.and you have less than 10 tomes in inventory.

Officer training does not give them the order ability, it only improves the efficiency of the orders.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Oran from Urz on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
Your companion will not have Brawlin if they are lower level than your pirate and at max level. From my experience Keel Haulin only becomes available when Brawlin is not.and you have less than 10 tomes in inventory.

Officer training does not give them the order ability, it only improves the efficiency of the orders.
I think you mean that your Companions won't have Keel Haulin' if they are a lower level than your Pirate. They can only have Keel Haulin' if they are at max level.

The Pirates mentioned are at max level, but, since I have more than 10 Training Tomes, Keel Haulin' is locked. Since Keel Haulin' seems to take the place of Brawlin', I can't send them out to earn experience for themselves.

One-Eyed Jack, is there any way to have both Keel Haulin' and Brawlin' be orders that we could give our Pirates at the same time?