Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wha...No Hint?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
I checked the Newsletters to see if there would be a hint involving the next update to Pirate101, but there was none.

Why is this, KingsIsle? I thought you guys always gave a hint on the newsletters monthy...

Petty Alicia Cog

Administrator
Hi! If you go back and read several older newsletters from last year and on, you'll see that we haven't always given a hint to new content, but you're right, we were giving a new hint every month there while leading up to the Spring 2014 Update.

I'd love to hear more feedback on this! Unfortunately there were some complaints that perhaps this "teasing" went on for too long and caused others to become . . . well . . . quite barmy.

Rest assured though, teases to future content or not, we are always working on bug fixes, updates, and more here at KingsIsle.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
Hi! If you go back and read several older newsletters from last year and on, you'll see that we haven't always given a hint to new content, but you're right, we were giving a new hint every month there while leading up to the Spring 2014 Update.

I'd love to hear more feedback on this! Unfortunately there were some complaints that perhaps this "teasing" went on for too long and caused others to become . . . well . . . quite barmy.

Rest assured though, teases to future content or not, we are always working on bug fixes, updates, and more here at KingsIsle.
Granted that these changes did take a little longer than we hoped, but they were worth waiting for, anyway, and the Spring 2014 update was really worth it, amidst the longer wait than hoped because you and the P101 team worked really hard to bring all those changes at once.

We did have a huge blast with the updates on Test, though. I thought these teasers were part of Book 15 back then, it became clear that they were part of the largest improvement update yet. Top notch. Really liking the Advanced Companions, the better Skull Island quests, Doubloons, new class-specific Companions, but more positively, the Advanced Pets.

Hope we get to see more teasers of new content more often, including the upcoming major story chapters. Can't wait to see how teasers for Book 15 are.

By the way, that hint in last month's newsletter, about that 10 story-tall tower, I'm guessing we'll be going to go there and stop one of MooShu's greatest evils this world has yet to see in a new side gauntlet, right? Honestly, I was very shocked to see that it was 10 stories tall, and that's very unusual from most towers, considering that they were mostly 3 stories tall.

Hopefully when that very tall tower opens, One-Eyed Jack, the idea of Dungeon Checkpoints may probably be more positively embraced. It's more of a systems thing, I know, but I would like to see that made and happen in Pirate101 so that us Pirates won't have to endure much strain and headaches of trying to clear more longer, tougher dungeons/gauntlets in one whole day or more. Would you like that kind of idea happening? It's worth giving it a shot.

Anyway, thanks for the best changes made yet!

Bosun
May 06, 2009
itsamemario4 on May 31, 2014 wrote:
I checked the Newsletters to see if there would be a hint involving the next update to Pirate101, but there was none.

Why is this, KingsIsle? I thought you guys always gave a hint on the newsletters monthy...

Petty Alicia Cog
Well technically they are hinting at the new MooShu dungeon to give higher level players something to do while thy wait on Book 15. They gave just a tiny hint at the beginning of the Newsletter. I'd think this new MooShu dungeon could hitting Test Realm not too-too far from now.
I know they brought Briskbreeze Tower, first high level tower for Level 50+ on W101, in for Wizard101 into the Test Realm while the players waited for more content. Pirate101 will probably follow suit. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a new dungeon between Book 15 and Book 16 and other Books going forward. Ratbeard and Blind Mew might wanna plan ahead.

As for Feedback on the Teasers, I love Teasers. I think they're a great way to bring hype into the game and give players a glimpse into the future. I wasn't particularly annoyed with the Teasers prior to the Spring update. I think Teasers should be done every now again, especially when it's the perfect opportunity. I was really hoping KI was going to give us another little sneak into whats going on in MooShu, but maybe it'll make the surprise much more worthwhile if they don't tell us more than they already have.

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014

Oh...I see...Point taken...

But isn't Barmy well...A good thing sometimes? It can keep us on our toes so that we might find out what is coming up next. So will you guys post teases when the next update with Book 15 is close? We know that it is close, but how close? Nobody knows, except you, KingsIsle.

I had such high hopes for the next book, just to find out it was only an improvement update. My anxiety then didn't go away. When the next book comes out and we head back to Valencia and such, my anxiety will go away.

I'm really anxious to see more of Valencia, since that world is gorgeous! What could lie in a different skyway of Valencia? Oh, I don't want to wait! If I had a time Machine, i'd definitely fast forward to the next book(s) and check out the updates first!

But trust me, OEJ, once I know about another skyway or skyways in Valencia, and when the next book comes, my Anxiety will go away. I've got questions involving Valencia that i've sent to Blind Mew, but i'm afraid you'll say "It's a mystery" with the short dramatic tune...Will you?

Tell me it won't take very long for the book to come...

Petty Alicia Cog

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Well just to add my weight to the complaint vs praise scale: I loved the teasers and looked forward to every one of the as I tried to decipher clues and just plain having fun with it.