Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Hybrid Found!

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I mixed my Golden Sky Rattler with a Deathstalker Scorpion and got a dragon pet that for some reason still is called Golden Sky Rattler. I think the name is bugged or the pet is. I am not sure.

But the Rattler is a snake with wings and the Scorpion is a Scorpion. But the hybrid I got is CLEARLY a dragon that looks like the Celestial Dragon, except it's all gold with grey mane. If I could post pixs, I would.

I did the Golden Sky Rattler with a Walkotopus and again got the Hybrid. So it made me wonder if the Golden Sky Rattler itself is bugged. Because one - it refuses to copy itself over and keeps producing this hybrid. Two - the hybrid keeps getting called Golden Sky Rattler when it is NOT a Rattler.

And lastly, honestly.. Rattler with a Scorpion produces a Dragon? WHAT? That doesn't make sense. The ONLY thing that did was the golden color that was passed down.

PS: For Decius, pictures of the pet, stats, etc etc has been sent to One Eyed Jack already.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Kelsey and I also crossed her Golden Sky Rattler Snake with my Saber Toothed Bunny, we were trying to find something ridiculous and really far away from a dragon and guess what? We also got another Golden Sky Rattler dragon lol. Here is a picture of the hybrid. So send out the announcements, we finally found a Hybrid.

We just hope it is not a bug.

Major congratulations to Kelsey for being the first.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Yeah, same here! I used the Golden Sky Rattler I got from the St. Patrick's day code giveaway, and after combining it 3 times, the 3rd time produced the Golden Sky Rattler Dragon. I just wished I used another type of pet lol, but so far, with training, using a Deathstalker Scorpion to help make this pet makes the hybrid EXTREMELY powerful.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks for the information, Kelsey. I now have a suspiciously draconic-looking Golden Sky Rattler.

-Indigo

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
I am sorry to say that this was not meant to be and I will be helping to "fix" the offending pets (soon). But it has given us the great idea of golden dragons in the future. Do not fret your golden sky rattler will again become like a snake soon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on May 28, 2014 wrote:
I am sorry to say that this was not meant to be and I will be helping to "fix" the offending pets (soon). But it has given us the great idea of golden dragons in the future. Do not fret your golden sky rattler will again become like a snake soon.
*Cries, stomps foot, sighs, picks up empty gold bag and hugs lovely golden dragons with a tearful goodbye. *
* Begins to earn more gold for that 17th try at a Grimtooth Shark* You will be mine soon you smokey little snapper.

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
Guys, I just heard of a hybrid and how to make the hybrid.

It's probably somewhere on the message boards, but here's how: Mix an Ebon Spectre with a Not So Great White Shark and you MAY get the Hybrid Pet, Grimtooth...I forget. You will not ALWAYS get it, so watch out.

THAT is a REAL hybrid, now.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Community Leader
But Decius, I don't want my Golden Dragon taken away! :O I love it. Don't revert them back into snakes please.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
when do the hybrids come
do not make us wait like last time

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I have assigned Monkey King the task of hiding my two from the gendarmes. If he can't do it, nobody can!

-Indigo

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Kelsey Fireheart on May 28, 2014 wrote:
But Decius, I don't want my Golden Dragon taken away! :O I love it. Don't revert them back into snakes please.
Same here! What if you only changed the name, and made them like a special pet! Like the Scarakeet! Besides, if someone bred the Golden Sky Rattler with a Celestial Dragon, the hybrid would make sense. Maybe you guys could keep the hybrid, but make it to where it's only possible to make the hybrid with the Golden Sky Rattler and the Celestial Dragon!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Decius Duelmaster on May 28, 2014 wrote:
But we morphed these pets to GET the dragony beastie! Changing it on us would be seriously uncool. I'll start fretting when my cool-looking dragon turns into a run-of-the-mill snake right enough. I certainly didn't spend a lot of gold for a boring old snake.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Introducing after 25 morphing attempts........ *Drum roll* MIA the Grimtooth Reaper, my first official morphed pet.
Kelsey Fireheart mentioned to me that the name she came with is quite appropriate as she was Missing In Action for so long lol.

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
Good intentions, Bad intentions. Consequences per every action. If it's gone. it shall be back in time

Community Leader
So far, there's now two hybrids.

Grimtooth Reaper - Not So White Great Shark x Ebon Spectre
Tiger Shark - Thresher Shark x Sabertooth Bunny

It's funny that both are shark hybrids and comes from a Shark parent. Makes me wonder about the Hammerhead Shark and what it could produce!

Developer
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
So far, there's now two hybrids.

Grimtooth Reaper - Not So White Great Shark x Ebon Spectre
Tiger Shark - Thresher Shark x Sabertooth Bunny

It's funny that both are shark hybrids and comes from a Shark parent. Makes me wonder about the Hammerhead Shark and what it could produce!
I heard that if you mix a Hammerhead Shark and a Sawfish, you get back a piece of Furniture.

Community Leader
Ratbeard on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
I heard that if you mix a Hammerhead Shark and a Sawfish, you get back a piece of Furniture.
LOL! Very funny, Ratbeard. On a serious note, I now want a Sawfish pet :O

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Ha ha ha ha ha! That's funny! You make us laugh sometimes, Ratbeard!

If such a Sawfish exists, I would definitely would like to have that as a pet. Really. I would.

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
Ratbeard and or Decius.

From what i Read or was led to believe is that when you morph, the better of the exposed abilty get transferd over and is most likey to appear on the new egg. if this is so. is there a reason that on my Skull Island macaw i have not received any exposed skill from scarakeet parent? I have not had any other said problem with my other hatches. only the scarakeet thus far