Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Starting to Get Disappointed...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 17, 2010
I'm one of those maxed characters that has nothing better to do than hatch pets all day, and I've been trying for hybrids like mad along with some pirate-y friends of mine.

The thing is, nobody has found one. I've tried to decode the hints I think I have found all over the morphing tent but still no luck, and it seems nobody else has had any luck either.

If anyone has gotten a hybrid, they aren't around the morphing tent often, because I am there constantly searching.

The reason I'm starting to get disappointed is because it seems nobody has discovered this secret that the morphing tent has so carefully hidden. Because it seems to have been a bit too carefully hidden.
Hannah Ironside, Level 65 Witchdoctor

Community Leader
I think I might have discovered a new Hybrid today :D It was a golden rattler that I produced from a Golden Sky Rattler and a Deathstalker Scorpion pet. YAY!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Ensign
Jul 04, 2009
I agree, it is very frustrating ! Have several accounts and have tried many, many, different combinations with no hybrids to boast of. Sure hope there will be some helpful changes SOON !

Ensign
Oct 17, 2010
That's not actually a hybrid, it's a gift card pet that can also be gotten as a mimic of a hybrid. I don't consider it a hybrid because it was able to be received in the past, same with the seaweed spirit. The macaw and blue ostrich are just because the regular ostrich and skarakeet cannot be hatched so they technically aren't hybrids either.

EDIT: It seems I misunderstood the part that it's a dragon sky rattler, that seems more like a bug than a hybrid.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Kelsey Fireheart on May 27, 2014 wrote:
I think I might have discovered a new Hybrid today :D It was a golden rattler that I produced from a Golden Sky Rattler and a Deathstalker Scorpion pet. YAY!
Well, congratulations to you Kelsey, for your successful morphing of a Hybrid pet. Your pirate must be the famous Charming Cheyenne Chamberlain from this thread over on Central. WAHOO! That gives many of us something to look forward to as we trudge forward into morphology. I noticed in the screenshot that there is a Roundup Rattler in the background as well. Does anyone know if that pet is a Hybrid or is it one that comes with a bundle or gift card? Never mind, I answered my own question. I checked the Wiki and it is from a Toys R Us gift card.

Again CONGRATS to you Kelsey!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Although I loathe to give a hint, I understand your frustration.
You may find something new and rare out of the most common pets.

Community Leader
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Well, congratulations to you Kelsey, for your successful morphing of a Hybrid pet. Your pirate must be the famous Charming Cheyenne Chamberlain from this thread over on Central. WAHOO! That gives many of us something to look forward to as we trudge forward into morphology. I noticed in the screenshot that there is a Roundup Rattler in the background as well. Does anyone know if that pet is a Hybrid or is it one that comes with a bundle or gift card? Never mind, I answered my own question. I checked the Wiki and it is from a Toys R Us gift card.

Again CONGRATS to you Kelsey!
That was my hatching partner actually. My Pirate Character is normally known as Fearless Kristen Eastwick. But yes that's the correct pet. :D! SQUEE!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Kelsey Fireheart on May 27, 2014 wrote:
That was my hatching partner actually. My Pirate Character is normally known as Fearless Kristen Eastwick. But yes that's the correct pet. :D! SQUEE!
Well a big CONGRATS goes out to both Kristen and Cheyenne then. Nice Job!

Ensign
Oct 17, 2010
Decius Duelmaster on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Although I loathe to give a hint, I understand your frustration.
You may find something new and rare out of the most common pets.
I understand that you don't want to give hints, and with all due respects to the developers and other staff, are you sure the system works right? Because all I've seen is this dragon hybrid that seems more like a bug, the macaw and blue ostrich, which aren't really hybrids themselves.

That's my problem, it's been a week at least and nothing has been found and that makes me question whether or not it actually works.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
I can confirm that they do exist on live. I just morphed one up right now.
Remember even if you have pet A and pet B of a morphing combo just right there is still a chance of getting either pet A or pet B along with pet C.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2010
Remember even if you have pet A and pet B of a morphing combo just right there is still a chance of getting either pet A or pet B along with pet C.
Thanks a lot for the answer, and it seems my persistence wore off because I received a hybrid last night, making me seem like an utter brat for my previous post and I apologize.

But I won't drop clues, I'm pulling a KingsIsle on this one. :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Horrorstar on May 28, 2014 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the answer, and it seems my persistence wore off because I received a hybrid last night, making me seem like an utter brat for my previous post and I apologize.

But I won't drop clues, I'm pulling a KingsIsle on this one. :)
"Pulling a KingsIsle" Delightful verb coinage.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yea don't I know it! 16 tries and I STILL don't have that furstunkin Shark. *Looks at friends happily showing off their AWESOME smoking, undead sharks* I don't know weather to laugh or cry. Meh ok, I'll choose laugh.

Community Leader
Took me 9 tries. But I finally got a Grimtooth Reaper from my Ebon Spectre and Not So Great White Shark. It took my friend ChrissyTheBlesser 24 times I believe though. So patience is definitely the key here.

But one thing I do not understand.. I understand the Ebon Spectre parent, but Not So Great White Shark (ack, let's just give it an abbrev "NSGWS") is the other? I'd have thought Thresher Shark would make more sense based on how it looks? The Reaper looks mean and tough with SHARP teeth like Thresher and not as happy or friendly like NGSWS?

Is this really accurate?