Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Please allow swashbucklers to remain invisible

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 22, 2010
I feel like swashbucklers have 0 advantages in pvp, privateers have their massive healings, witchdoctors and musketeers have their ranged attacks, buccaneers could use some powering up too in pvp. We can't use our top survival powers that allow us to be hidden completely, we cannot use our hidden power to full extent because a musketeer/witchdoctor/privateer, or anyone who knows gunnery can just hit us from anywhere removing our hidden buff making it useless in pvp.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
please pay attention to the updates in which the pvp effectiveness of privateers will be destroyed

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Flamec4114 on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
I feel like swashbucklers have 0 advantages in pvp, privateers have their massive healings, witchdoctors and musketeers have their ranged attacks, buccaneers could use some powering up too in pvp. We can't use our top survival powers that allow us to be hidden completely, we cannot use our hidden power to full extent because a musketeer/witchdoctor/privateer, or anyone who knows gunnery can just hit us from anywhere removing our hidden buff making it useless in pvp.
I have an idea that could be utilised. Swashbucklers can not access or use thier hides effiecently due to AoE powers being the quick and immediate thing that can get us out of hiding. I don't fully understand why this happened to us. So far the only other class that I am aware of that has a problem utilising thier spells is the musketeer, who has a knock-back effect removed on tempest of torpedoes (is it fixed btw?). KI have been very... strange... when it comes to hiding... Apparently when swashbucklers are hidden, nothing is supposed to target them. Considering it is op (which it is), KI decided to do something I as a swashbuckler full on disagree with. An extremely easy to use infinite range AoE spell. I do think swashbucklers deserve to have some methods that bring them out of hiding, but for goodness sake I am annoyed.

Hopefully KI will think about a different solution, that enables a swash to use his/her hide without being easily popped out of hiding, whilst still being fair to the opposition. Now about that idea...

1.) Swashbucklers are immune (yes immune) to anything in THIER territory. Nothing will affect them. This gives the swash class a chance to hide and actually not be bombed instantly. However if they venture out into shared territory, they are vunerable as per the usual annoying method. Fair?

Please Ratbeard or another developer... please actually give us a decent chance to use our hide spell efficiently whilst not being OP at the same time. It kind of stinks when most other classes can use thier spells normally whilst we are under-priveledged by not using hide to a decent potential.

Petty Officer
Mar 15, 2013
Flamec4114 on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
Eh privateers are pretty balanced down to all other classes now considering if they do buff stack Accuracy and dodge zeal wont stay long. They're still a great class but not as powerful.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Pickletastik on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
Eh privateers are pretty balanced down to all other classes now considering if they do buff stack Accuracy and dodge zeal wont stay long. They're still a great class but not as powerful.
privateers will not still be a great class, the only reason privateers were used in pvp is because of their espirit and zeal

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Golden Guardian on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
I have an idea that could be utilised. Swashbucklers can not access or use thier hides effiecently due to AoE powers being the quick and immediate thing that can get us out of hiding. I don't fully understand why this happened to us. So far the only other class that I am aware of that has a problem utilising thier spells is the musketeer, who has a knock-back effect removed on tempest of torpedoes (is it fixed btw?). KI have been very... strange... when it comes to hiding... Apparently when swashbucklers are hidden, nothing is supposed to target them. Considering it is op (which it is), KI decided to do something I as a swashbuckler full on disagree with. An extremely easy to use infinite range AoE spell. I do think swashbucklers deserve to have some methods that bring them out of hiding, but for goodness sake I am annoyed.

Hopefully KI will think about a different solution, that enables a swash to use his/her hide without being easily popped out of hiding, whilst still being fair to the opposition. Now about that idea...

1.) Swashbucklers are immune (yes immune) to anything in THIER territory. Nothing will affect them. This gives the swash class a chance to hide and actually not be bombed instantly. However if they venture out into shared territory, they are vunerable as per the usual annoying method. Fair?

Please Ratbeard or another developer... please actually give us a decent chance to use our hide spell efficiently whilst not being OP at the same time. It kind of stinks when most other classes can use thier spells normally whilst we are under-priveledged by not using hide to a decent potential.
Well I have a pirate from 4 of the 5 classes. My Swashbuckler and Musketeer are maxed. I just recently started farming for real...trying to get some good gear for my pirates that I could use in pvp. Of course anything that is effective in pvp will also serve you well in pve. What I've found is a little sad. I get all kinds of great gear for my Musketeer (who is now almost unstoppable) great Privateer gear and great gear for every pirate I have...except the poor Swashbuckler. My Swashbuckler was my first pirate and is still my favorite, though certainly the least powerful in pvp. I would hate to abandon this class because it is so cool and also because of the time and money I have spent developing this pirate. I guess I could stick to just pve for my Swashbuckler, but where's the fun in that? Now that I have begun to pvp more I see just how hard it is to be competitive with a Swashbuckler against even a marginally good Privateer. I win once in awhile but usually Swashbucklers are way over matched against all classes except Buccaneers which seem to be on the same level as Swashbucklers. The gear available for this class is one big reason. It is very hard, for example, to find gear that provides Valor's Armor to Swashbucklers. My Musketeer can equip 4 different items that provide this power while I have only been able to find one that grants it to Swashbucklers. It's not because I haven't found it yet...it's because it doesn't exist. The Swashbucklers bread and butter abilities are available to every other class of pirate so I think that the other classes good powers should be available to Swashbucklers.

Petty Officer
Mar 15, 2013
zuto4011a on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
privateers will not still be a great class, the only reason privateers were used in pvp is because of their espirit and zeal
Privateers aren't ruined and if so many people think they are we shouldn't complain, Look at buccaneers their levy is 5 rounds and their buffs like whale might ( One of their best and only buffs is ruined) I am sorry but I feel for bucks more than privateers. I love being a privateer still a very good class just cause our zeal and esprit isn't as it was doesn't mean its useless. I mean look people wanted a nerf AND they got it now they're are complaining people are impossible to please! That's why they should have left things the way they were... I can't complain I have gotten used to the new changes and things seem balanced I don't care if the new buffs are only 3 rounds lots can happen in that time Plus its 1%! damage now that's allot... So now the strong buffs are quick mega power ups that you have to maximize while they are around. I don't mind the change I always like to change up play styles and if pvp was the same all the time I'd be no challenge which would get boring I think a challenge is fun. This will also reduce ANNOYING Nausica, and goro charges. Without ruining the companions (My opinion I don't wanna start more arguments about this if you want to change it don't just complain about it ask KI to change it or spread some ideas)

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
zuto4011a on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
What I was seeing in pvp was teams of Privateers using waves of team heals. That's what made them unstoppable. Balance is important because otherwise an entire segment of the game will be forsaken because nobody wants to play an inferior class. Pvp is a large part of the game and I believe that most people who really get into the game will eventually wind up in pvp just to see how their pirate stacks up against the other classes. (Though I do know a few long term players who have never pvp'ed) I realize the difficulty in making a game like this where all things are balanced, but when a large group of players begin to complain about certain aspects it indicates that a fix might be needed. I have been playing this game since it started and KI has done a great job of responding to the concerns of its players. The Assassins Shroud fix is definitely a step in the right direction. I love this game and so I am working on having a maxed pirate from each class (with choice gear) so that I can benefit from whatever trend is out there at the time. The bottom line is...there will never be a perfect balance between the classes. Each update will have its plus and minus aspects for each class. There's no way around it. So for those of you who are like me and enjoy being competitive, I would recommend having a max level from each class so that when times are good for a certain class you will be able to enjoy it. I enjoy the time between updates and new worlds and use this time to develop my other pirates. Also, regarding Privateers, I finally caved and started a despised Privateer...they are a great class and I can see now the reason for the mass appeal of this class. When my Privateer is maxed (unless they are majorly nerfed) I see the difficulty it will present other classes in pvp. Also by playing this class it will give me insights into how to defeat them...and they CAN be defeated. Know thy enemy. :)