Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Congrats Valkoor Gunners Mate Rank!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Wow 200 posts really quickly! And you have some great ideas, great threads (Pirates Helping Pirates etc), really encouraging players and much more! Congrats for 200 posts on the first day of the year!

SDH, Lv 65

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
Wow 200 posts really quickly! And you have some great ideas, great threads (Pirates Helping Pirates etc), really encouraging players and much more! Congrats for 200 posts on the first day of the year!

SDH, Lv 65
Thank you kindly my friend.

You are always so supportive of your fellow pirates and are very adept at acknowledging their contributions as well. We all could use more encouragement to outweigh all the negatives out there and these boards are a great avenue to pursue lending that support. You have much wisdom to share and though you may not post as often, when you do it is always with great knowledge and I (like so many others) am ever so eager to take notice.

Thank you again for the acknowledgement......I am honored to post beside you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indeed congratulations. Your rise in posting ranks is well earned and we have all benefited from your posts & those they trigger.
Kudos to you to Golden Guardian for picking up on it. I used to be fairly current on such stuff but I sort of backed off from it since the whole yarsey turvey disaster and I didn't want to have folks start making any post to inflate rank for the wrong reasons too. But your achievement is well earned and congrats are well deserved.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
Indeed congratulations. Your rise in posting ranks is well earned and we have all benefited from your posts & those they trigger.
Kudos to you to Golden Guardian for picking up on it. I used to be fairly current on such stuff but I sort of backed off from it since the whole yarsey turvey disaster and I didn't want to have folks start making any post to inflate rank for the wrong reasons too. But your achievement is well earned and congrats are well deserved.
Thank you very much Chrissy. I appreciate your kind words and everyone's support here on the boards. I hope to contribute much more in the future- but only trying to do so in a positive way that serves a helpful purpose

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Congrats to ye new rank mate

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jack morgan933 on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
Congrats to ye new rank mate

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Thank ye Jack. I appreciate the kind gesture.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CheeryCherry1234 on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
Ya know I'm a Bosun....
And that you are, somehow I missed that. Well then I guess congratulations are in order for you on your new promotion to Bosun. Honestly though, I don't really pay a lot of attention to how many posts, yars I have or what my rank is- but I certainly appreciate those that take notice and offer up encouragement to others out there. For I know that for many it means a great deal. Just to be able to post about the game and interact with my friends on the boards is what truly matters to me. This being said, great job on your newly appointed Bosun rank and good luck to you CheeryCherry1234!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Valkoor could feel someone watching his back. But every time he turned around - there was no one there. He even looked to the skies for aerial observation, but no, nothing. Restless now, he began to pick up the pace homeward, almost sorry now that he had left the crew behind at the party. But Ratbeard's solo version of "For he's a jolly good gunner's mate!" simply showed too much Yum had been downed, especially by that particular Rat. Catbeard's minuet with Sarah Steele had looked elegant though.

But the question remained, who could be following him? He had enemies, of course. Who didn't? You didn't survive in the Spiral without making a few good enemies. A surprise party! That must be it! They were setting up a second party at his house!

"Gotcha El Toro!" he spun around to shout to the empty air. "Bonnie Anne, I know you're there. Olly olly oxen free - I see you!" Nothing. And nothing... made him nervous. Valkoor fingered his weapons to make sure they were still there and readily available. No way he was gonna get surprised. Fin Dorsal? Brass Monkey? Doctor Noh? The Wild Bunch? Now he was on the alert. He stopped being furtive and made his strides bolder. Should he head back to the party for backup, or keep heading home?

Then it struck him what had happened. Unforeseen, uncalled for, it hit him like a bolt out the blue. Without warning he had victimized by another Sam story. Chagrined, he headed back to the party just in time to hear a Unicorn, Watermole, Hawk trio singing "Ninety nine bottles of Yum on the wall!" and they were down to 37 bottles to go.

"Welcome back, Captain my Captain," Old Scratch greeted Valkoor. "I and I sense you have been troubled this evening. What can we do to help?"

"Nothing can help me now," Valkoor moaned. "Just get me another mug, please."

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Valkoor could feel someone watching his back. But every time he turned around - there was no one there. He even looked to the skies for aerial observation, but no, nothing. Restless now, he began to pick up the pace homeward, almost sorry now that he had left the crew behind at the party. But Ratbeard's solo version of "For he's a jolly good gunner's mate!" simply showed too much Yum had been downed, especially by that particular Rat. Catbeard's minuet with Sarah Steele had looked elegant though.

But the question remained, who could be following him? He had enemies, of course. Who didn't? You didn't survive in the Spiral without making a few good enemies. A surprise party! That must be it! They were setting up a second party at his house!

"Gotcha El Toro!" he spun around to shout to the empty air. "Bonnie Anne, I know you're there. Olly olly oxen free - I see you!" Nothing. And nothing... made him nervous. Valkoor fingered his weapons to make sure they were still there and readily available. No way he was gonna get surprised. Fin Dorsal? Brass Monkey? Doctor Noh? The Wild Bunch? Now he was on the alert. He stopped being furtive and made his strides bolder. Should he head back to the party for backup, or keep heading home?

Then it struck him what had happened. Unforeseen, uncalled for, it hit him like a bolt out the blue. Without warning he had victimized by another Sam story. Chagrined, he headed back to the party just in time to hear a Unicorn, Watermole, Hawk trio singing "Ninety nine bottles of Yum on the wall!" and they were down to 37 bottles to go.

"Welcome back, Captain my Captain," Old Scratch greeted Valkoor. "I and I sense you have been troubled this evening. What can we do to help?"

Brilliant Sam, just brilliant. I will surely drink to that.

I will have to get back to you in due time with a response worthy (not likely) of peering up at you. For my words shall surely be reading you, reading them- whilst you read.......my words that is.......that I will write.......who have the ability to read you.......not your mind so much........not the words on your jacket or hat.......just your face..... or maybe your eyes.....or perhaps just your soul......wait, I am confused.......who said that....... I need a nap...... "Just get me another mug, please."

In all seriousness you are far too skilled a writer for me Sam, and your knowledge of a vast many things is equally astounding- although I will do my best to keep up with you and will watch my back of course- well Valkoor's back that is. It may take some time though as I am not as naturally blessed in the literary field as you appear to be....Sam, once again your genius is showing.

I do appreciate the "crashing of the thread" and it is more than welcomed any time. I thoroughly enjoy reading anything you have to write. You are indeed very clever and intelligent. Thanks for entertaining me and providing me with a pleasant reading experience.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:

Sam you are such a hoot. That was incredible. You had me totally and pulled me in completely. Nicely done and brilliantly pulled off. I could even hear the dramatic music in the background. *Motions to all around, "The master has just shown us how its done."

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Brilliant Sam, just brilliant. I will surely drink to that.

I will have to get back to you in due time with a response worthy (not likely) of peering up at you. For my words shall surely be reading you, reading them- whilst you read.......my words that is.......that I will write.......who have the ability to read you.......not your mind so much........not the words on your jacket or hat.......just your face..... or maybe your eyes.....or perhaps just your soul......wait, I am confused.......who said that....... I need a nap...... "Just get me another mug, please."

In all seriousness you are far too skilled a writer for me Sam, and your knowledge of a vast many things is equally astounding- although I will do my best to keep up with you and will watch my back of course- well Valkoor's back that is. It may take some time though as I am not as naturally blessed in the literary field as you appear to be....Sam, once again your genius is showing.

I do appreciate the "crashing of the thread" and it is more than welcomed any time. I thoroughly enjoy reading anything you have to write. You are indeed very clever and intelligent. Thanks for entertaining me and providing me with a pleasant reading experience.
* Slides Valkoor a consoling plate of brownies* There is not much you can do when you have been so thoroughly pranked by such a master except to recover from the laughing spasms and gather your wits for your revenge. I have complete faith in you to meet the challenge head on and give ole Dr. Sam a giggle for his money. *Pats on back* You can do it my friend.