Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

spawn to quick

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
I have noticed that in some quests, a character will talk after you defeat a boss or group of enemies and collect the chests, and once they finish talking, you will no longer be intangible or whatever you call it, where the enemy can't attack you, and then you will immediately be pulled into a fight before you can move out of the way, which can be disastrous when it was a hard fight and you have little or no health. Is there any way to avoid this?

thx for reading.

sly Wesley gaff.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ninja pirate on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
I have noticed that in some quests, a character will talk after you defeat a boss or group of enemies and collect the chests, and once they finish talking, you will no longer be intangible or whatever you call it, where the enemy can't attack you, and then you will immediately be pulled into a fight before you can move out of the way, which can be disastrous when it was a hard fight and you have little or no health. Is there any way to avoid this?

thx for reading.

sly Wesley gaff.
Hey there ninja pirate.

I too have run into this pesky little problem a few times. It can definitely be a pain when you have no time or room to escape to safety. I may be wrong but I don't know or think that you can do anything to avoid this simply because you have to wait until the conversation is over, since you don't have the DONE option at the bottom.

It has happened to me a few times after battling creatures in the skyway in order to obtain certain items for a quest. When I have finally gotten the last item, one of my crew decides it is a good time to chat and before you know it I'm brought back into battle without a chance to head to high ground.

Maybe it is something KI could address, but I guess for now we have to deal with It the best we can

Good Luck!

Two-faced Valkoor Ohlen, level 65

First Mate
May 01, 2012
If the text appears in the upper left of the Game Window, then, no there is no way to avoid this except by not getting the Treasure Chests and running immediately to a safe location.

If the text appears in lower middle of the Game Window, you can space through it quickly to get it out of the way and continue on with the action. A case in point is the Presidio Job when you first enter the Presidio and are shown where you need to go. If you listen to the message, your Pirate will probably be caught by the first group of Presidio Guards. I listen to the messages once and the next time, if I am dragged into a battle, I space through it as quickly as possible.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
SlightlyMadWizard on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
If the text appears in the upper left of the Game Window, then, no there is no way to avoid this except by not getting the Treasure Chests and running immediately to a safe location.

If the text appears in lower middle of the Game Window, you can space through it quickly to get it out of the way and continue on with the action. A case in point is the Presidio Job when you first enter the Presidio and are shown where you need to go. If you listen to the message, your Pirate will probably be caught by the first group of Presidio Guards. I listen to the messages once and the next time, if I am dragged into a battle, I space through it as quickly as possible.
thx for the tips, I'll try to remember to use them!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yes I really wish they would address this as I know a great deal of time and expense is put into the voice acting and recording, and the writing of such great dialogue. It is such a shame that we are forced to space past it without enjoying the content as it was intended without getting caught again and with devastating results if you finished the first fight with low health. Please Developers, can you make it so that we can move during dialogue to get our chests, and make us immune to being pulled into another fight until a manageable amount of seconds after the last of the dialogue is spoken?
I truly enjoy all the voice acting and hearing the writing that may have important clues in it for us. To be forced to skip it to stay alive is truly a tragedy.

Community Leader

I really think that KI needs to review this and try to adjust it so this cannot happen.

All it ends up doing is motivates the player to skip through all the wonderful dialogue/storyline and voice overs that their staff had worked so hard to provide.

Having had to do this myself, I have been rather disappointed in not being able to stay in tune with the entire storyline.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Dr Zeppers on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
I really think that KI needs to review this and try to adjust it so this cannot happen.

All it ends up doing is motivates the player to skip through all the wonderful dialogue/storyline and voice overs that their staff had worked so hard to provide.

Having had to do this myself, I have been rather disappointed in not being able to stay in tune with the entire storyline.
That is a very good point and one that I had not really thought about until you reminded me of it.

I too skip through a lot of those kind of dialogues just to avoid being dragged back into battle- just hurry and head to safety. Meanwhile I am left wondering what was said and what I dialogue I just missed. Like you stated, since KI put all that hard work into the writing and delivery, you would think they would not want you to miss out on any of there efforts. I truly believe that they will come up with a way to address this in the future. I know that I, like so many others love the story and become truly engrossed in KI's creative dialogue collaborations, it is a shame to have to miss/skip some of it just to avoid this issue.

Administrator

Heya gang! I appreciate this thread, and I know it's a concern that has been expressed before and manifests in different ways. I'm quoting this particular post above because it tells me some useful information:

"A case in point is the Presidio Job when you first enter the Presidio and are shown where you need to go. If you listen to the message, your Pirate will probably be caught by the first group of Presidio Guards."

If you have "a case in point," please bug report it separately, so we can evaluate exactly what is happening in the particular instance. Also, this gives us a specific example of where, when, and how. The more information, the better! Please remember that providing the following information is more likely to help you get something fixed in game:

• Level of your character:
  • Location where the bug occurred:
  • Quest Name (if applicable):
  • Companion Name and Tier of Promotion (if applicable):
  • Description of the bug:
  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug?

(Side note: And for those of you who may remember a thread similar to this about "Where Man? Wereman!" -- although there was some initial confusion, there is a fix coming to that particular quest dialog issue in the future. We are listening!)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
Heya gang! I appreciate this thread, and I know it's a concern that has been expressed before and manifests in different ways. I'm quoting this particular post above because it tells me some useful information:

"A case in point is the Presidio Job when you first enter the Presidio and are shown where you need to go. If you listen to the message, your Pirate will probably be caught by the first group of Presidio Guards."

If you have "a case in point," please bug report it separately, so we can evaluate exactly what is happening in the particular instance. Also, this gives us a specific example of where, when, and how. The more information, the better! Please remember that providing the following information is more likely to help you get something fixed in game:

(Side note: And for those of you who may remember a thread similar to this about "Where Man? Wereman!" -- although there was some initial confusion, there is a fix coming to that particular quest dialog issue in the future. We are listening!)
Got it Jack, thank you. I wasn't aware that each time this happens it is a true bug. I just thought it was how the game worked in general. Thank you for clarifying it and I will be much more specific in the future. Thank you for listening and keeping us focused.

Administrator
Well, it may . . . or may not . . . be a bug, but we should look at them individually to find out.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:

Thanks Jack! I will definitely keep a watchful eye out for any specific instances in which this happens and make sure to report them in depth. Like Chrissy stated, I too thought it was just part of the game but now I will be sure to document each occurrence and report it to KI. Thanks again

Community Leader
Aye, thanks Jack.

Your post reminded me of how that prior conversation had turned out.
The problem I had, was that I'd already completed content. So most if any of that information at all was no longer at my disposal. If I should wander through things again, i'll take notes! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV