Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirates Only, Wait That's Everyone!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Hey guys!

What's your favorite class, and ,of course, the favorite ability of that class?
Describe to me why that class is your favorite and why you like the ability.
I'm just dying (like dead mike) to know!

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Woohoo i'm (probably) the first to reply, I don't know.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Whoops, I pressed enter and it got submitted so yeah.

My favorite class is Witchdoctor because of the cool spells they get to do. The coolest ability would have to be the "Charm" ability, because you get to snag a temporary ally from the other team. Also the companions are SOOOO cool, like Kan Po and the promoted Mormo! I also like the clothes they get. My second favorite is Musketeer because of the cool spark-throwing guns they get to use. They also get an advantage in battle IF the enemies are tough Musketeers. My least favorite is Swashbuckler because they have such little health and the dances... oh my... the DANCES! (P.S. I fixed Sarah Steele.)

Romantic Hannah Devereaux
Slick Stephanie Maxwell

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
Oi, I take offence at that last bit! But not much so don't worry.
Anyhoo, i'm a Swashy (ching, ching, En garde), and we are acrobatic, not dancy, (can you think of another class that can do backflips, jump over vast expanses of nothingness, and spin around and hit all ajendent enemies? Hmm? Hmm? S'what I thought) poisonous, and invisible at times. We also do the most damage out of all the classes, and while we don't have a lot of health, that only adds to our pretty much Universal strategy: Kill and kill quick. (preferably before our victim know what's hit them, but that doesn't always happen) If we had a lot of health and not so much damage? We'd only stay longer in the fight.
Now, my favorite ability? Well, I'd have to go with... THREE!!! (mwa ha ha I'm breaking the rules ) Shadowdance, Walk in Darkness, and Assassin's Strike. In that order. With it I've been able to do 'round 1700 damage. And that was a regular hit! I can only imagine what an Epic hit would do.
And my least favorite class? Musketeer. I just think it's cheating to stand around and press a trigger. You want the real experience of pirating? I've got four words for you. Hand-to-hand combat.
(Apologies to those perfectly respectable Musketeers out there, I don't have anything against you, but I've got a lot of things against your weapons)
~Merciless Emma Jenkins Lvl 39 (still)

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
totallyawesomepira... on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
Anyhoo, i'm a Swashy (ching, ching, En garde), and we are acrobatic, not dancy, (can you think of another class that can do backflips, jump over vast expanses of nothingness, and spin around and hit all ajendent enemies? Hmm? Hmm? S'what I thought) poisonous, and invisible at times. We also do the most damage out of all the classes, and while we don't have a lot of health, that only adds to our pretty much Universal strategy: Kill and kill quick. (preferably before our victim know what's hit them, but that doesn't always happen) If we had a lot of health and not so much damage? We'd only stay longer in the fight.
Now, my favorite ability? Well, I'd have to go with... THREE!!! (mwa ha ha I'm breaking the rules ) Shadowdance, Walk in Darkness, and Assassin's Strike. In that order. With it I've been able to do 'round 1700 damage. And that was a regular hit! I can only imagine what an Epic hit would do.
And my least favorite class? Musketeer. I just think it's cheating to stand around and press a trigger. You want the real experience of pirating? I've got four words for you. Hand-to-hand combat.
(Apologies to those perfectly respectable Musketeers out there, I don't have anything against you, but I've got a lot of things against your weapons)
Speaking for the Musketeers, we don't understand why you insist on bringing a knife to a gun fight (inferior intellect, or poor breeding). We bomb and shoot and fights over, moving just takes too much effort though if you insist to move towards us that is at least entertaining as everything we control shoots and shoots and shoots again at anything hostile looking that moves.

I'd rank Musketeer and Witchdoctor as the most fun to play. Musketeers can be challenging until they are higher level with multiple bombs and traps at their disposal. Witchdoctors have all sorts of attacks and can get extremely high damage hits especially if you are foolish enough to stand next to them.

I don't like playing with swords. Go ahead and rush in with your brawn and be torn asunder due to your intellect.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
noahdd on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys!

What's your favorite class, and ,of course, the favorite ability of that class?
Describe to me why that class is your favorite and why you like the ability.
I'm just dying (like dead mike) to know!
Hello noahdd

I would say that my favorite class is Buccaneer. This of course could have to do with the fact that my best pirate is a level 65 . Also I haven't spent much time with the other classes (all low levels) so I may be a bit biased because of this.

Although overall I would say the best pirate is one that is a mix of a few classes. I think that all the classes can be equally amazing as long as you equip your pirate with the means to be so.

This being said, I don't think that buccaneers get the credit they deserve. If you train your properly he/she can be an unstoppable and imposing force. They are incredibly hardy and have great armor bonuses. My pirate currently has 3400+ health, armor that varies from 100-150 depending on items equipped, weapon damage of 397-497, accur. and dodge each 110+. I complemented my buccaneer powers by using practice points and equipment to gain the other classes equally wonderful powers.

My pirate currently (in addition to his powers of course) has the following swashbuckler powers: Walk in the Shadows, Assassin's Strike, Sneak Attack, Assassin's Mist, Hurl Knife plus gear with dance of steel and mojo blade (I think that may be witchdoctor's power, but not positive) that I often use. I also have 4 types of healing and the following shield powers which come in handy: Leviathon's call, Kraken's Lament (both -50% damage for 10 turns each, 1st one works against ranged weapons as well), and Triton's song (-25% damage for 5 turns), Valor's Shield (-25% all types of damage for 5 turns). Incredibly effective to stack all the armors early and admire how little damage your pirate takes.

So I guess you could say that my favorite power is when I stack all the shield powers and go in with Reckless Fury against 3+ enemies. Normally my pirate takes 155 damage (with gear giving me 3085 health) with every successful strike of reckless damage. By stacking shield powers first my is hit with only about 20 points of damage per strike. This coupled with the blade storms x3, vengeance strikes x4 (in case enemy has vengeance strikes of their own)and weapon damage of almost 500 allow my to inflict massive damage on multiple enemies- unless they block or dodge of course. Then it's on to plan B.

I know a lot of people prefer swashbucklers for their high damage and their show stopping moves, but their lack of health/armor tend to steer me away. I have been involved in a loooooooot of battles with friends where I have had to heal high level swashbucklers, musketeers and witchdoctors over and over again.

That is why I prefer a hardy, tough buccaneer equipped with multiple swashbuckler talents- high health, high damage, high armor, and high healing potential. For me the perfect combination. Although watching the buccaneer powers are a bit on the boring side compared to some of the other classes.

In conclusion, every class has potential to be just as equally amazing if you properly train and equip them

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
seasnake on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
Speaking for the Musketeers, we don't understand why you insist on bringing a knife to a gun fight (inferior intellect, or poor breeding). We bomb and shoot and fights over, moving just takes too much effort though if you insist to move towards us that is at least entertaining as everything we control shoots and shoots and shoots again at anything hostile looking that moves.

I'd rank Musketeer and Witchdoctor as the most fun to play. Musketeers can be challenging until they are higher level with multiple bombs and traps at their disposal. Witchdoctors have all sorts of attacks and can get extremely high damage hits especially if you are foolish enough to stand next to them.

I don't like playing with swords. Go ahead and rush in with your brawn and be torn asunder due to your intellect.
Hey...hey...easy there big fella. No need to insult the other fine classes.

Everyone has an opinion and what works for you is great and what works for other fellow pirates is equally as great. Any class can beat any other class with good planning and strategies. A high powered buccaneer can have access, through training and equipped gear, to many of the musketeer powers. Granted they are not going to have the high level powers but can have enough to be able to do large amounts of damage with both ranged and melee weapons/powers. If you have shielding, hiding, absorb and multiple healing powers a buccaneer can definitely overpower a musketeer. I am not a huge PvP fan (I like the game storyline and helping other pirates much more- just me though) but in the few instances I have been in PvP battle against maxed out , my maxed out has indeed been victorious.

If you carry and equip extra sets of high end gear with other classes powers than you can expose other classes weaknesses while adding extra oomph to your own pirate's powers.

I truly believe that the advantage comes from employing proper strategies, equipping the best gear/powers for the battle and being fully prepared, not as much from the class itself. A fully loaded buccaneer equipped with a full set of gear containing musketeer or swashbuckler powers can be tough for a musketeer to deal with. Then you have a pirate with extremely high health, high armor and weapon damage, accuracy and/or dodge, multiple shield (damage reduction), healing powers with multiple class powers and with the ability to damage up close and from distance. Pretty good combination

This works for all classes as well- just train and use equipment to produce an awesome, high powered hybrid class.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
totallyawesomepira... on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
Mhm.... You made Happy Esmerelda happy indeed... Now i'm starting to think Swashbuckling can be a bit cool.

Happy Esmerelda level 22

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011

I like your style, my friend

But even though I'm one of those "inferior intellected-ed" people, I bet you can't do this... *runs swiftly across the board, jumps over the table* *Dodges gunfire, dodge again* *poisons* *First strikes a companion, dodges hit from companion, attack, reposit, dodge, reposit, kills, first strike, dodge, attacks...*

All in one turn... *snaps fingers* lol (it's really hard for a lot of people to hit me lol)

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
My favourite class: Witchdoctor
Favourite spell: Mojo Storm/Chain Lightning
I'm pretty sure the last time i got a critical mojo storm it did over 700 damage to all enemies... just saying.
Then again, chain lightning, if lucky enough has the potential to knock out a whole group of enemies, although it really annoys me when i'm ready to wreak havoc on the unsuspecting fire temple guardians and i hit and it goes straight to mojo echo -_-.
Second favourite class: Swashbuckler
Favourite power: Grand Shadowdance/Assassin's strike
I love the fact we're the 2nd class to get a critical buff. Especially as we have no other buffs, it's needed. Since we have first strike 3 and riposte 2, we can get a ton of damaged on an enemy, even during their rounds.
Assassin's strike has been my favourite for eternity. It does so much damage, normally a super hit deals 1200, mega around 1600 and i think an epic is 1900. Plus bleeding (2 round DoT) usually deals 260, which sometimes takes an enemy from full to red or dead.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 45

Captain
Dec 11, 2010

Aye we maybe going in without thinking twice but it is all in the game plan. Strike fast, strike hard, En Garde!And if the enemy thinks melee is going to work then we can easily dash to the other side of the board and go back and forth with stealth and grace. Dodging, attacking, and dashing the swashbucklers can easily keep pace. Silly sparkshooting pirate we are the classics of the pirates.

(No hard feelings because I am also a musketeer but I am mostly a swashbuckler at heart)
Now
En Garde!

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
Bloody Belle on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
I like your style, my friend

But even though I'm one of those "inferior intellected-ed" people, I bet you can't do this... *runs swiftly across the board, jumps over the table* *Dodges gunfire, dodge again* *poisons* *First strikes a companion, dodges hit from companion, attack, reposit, dodge, reposit, kills, first strike, dodge, attacks...*

All in one turn... *snaps fingers* lol (it's really hard for a lot of people to hit me lol)
It's riposte, btw. Reposit has a completely different definition lol.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Privateer and Valors Sheild. I am sure the many and most would agree with that statement.

Privateers are the Rulers of both Land and Sea!! Lvl 65

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I think the best class is Privateer, but my favorite class to watch or play with is definitely musketeer. I love all the jump shots they do. Then that is followed by swashbuckler because I like their moves. Then I like Privateer because of their buff animations. Next buccaneer because their just fun to watch. They go right into the thickest part of the battle. Lastly witchdoctors because I just don't find the spells that interesting. No offense. Although stygian Chorus is my favorite spell.

Captain
May 13, 2011
mine would be buccaneer. hit me all you want, all i have to do is buffs and all you do is get rid of my itches. ranged? i do well against that too. only thing i cant protect against is wounds and poison (and of course magic as we bucs surprisingly dont get the lucky bonus) even if you do hurt me a lot, i get angry and even stronger AND more accurate. not only that, but i can charge into battle and get the first strike probably even before any musketeer and witchdoctor (depending on the map size. PVP? forget it). our attacks arent the best, but i can still pack a real punch. just forget about killing me quickly, swashys. the other classes should also remember you cant keep me away for long. i can run far. not only that, but i can also buff strength. if i dont kill enemies, i outlive them

im a buccaneer and i am proud of it

- sneaky george quarton, the pvp buccaneer