Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101- the Azteca Story

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
I've been thinking of a story on how Azteca could fit into our story. I'm thinking of things in future tense so it probably wouldn't come, if at all, until Book 17-19. Here's my synomsys (I have a long idea, so it may run over to another post):

Introduction
Marleybone has contacted the PC over an urgent matter. In the stalemate with the Aramada, the Marleybonean army as found frightening intel from Armada ships. Kane has plans to continue work on his Celestial Computations by traveling to Azteca to get an ancient text: El Codex del Oro. With it, he can further his dark plans. The Admirals fear this could give the Armada an upper advantage. They instruct the PC to speak with the Spiral Geographic Society in Barkley Square. There head leader, Sir Thurston Plunket, who is returning from a venture in Celestia, says that some of their Aztecosaurologists have been studying ancient Azteca and gives some backstory. He's not quite sure how to get there though. After speaking to the Admirals again, the crew figures we talk to Avery to see what he knows.

In Skull Island, Captain Avery explains that when the Monquisition ruled Monquista, the old King and Queen sent a fleet of ships to a skyway of Azteca, Anahuac (AN-a-WHOO-awk) Skyway (Anahuac is name of the valley, which held many other Mesoamerican tribes, the Aztecs came to), in search of the Water of Life, some ancient treasure that could make you live forever. Now that Gortez is king of Monquista, he should know how to get there. Gortez tells that the fleet went to Azteca in Gibbonia Skyway (guess on the other skyway). He would gladly give you papers to Azteca. Unfortunately (assuming that by this time we have an Orange Windstone), he instructs you'll need to get a Red Windstone in Gibbonia (would be a relatively short but challenging dungeon with other side quests in the area). Recieving the Red Windstone, we travel to Azteca to the camp the Monquistans landed in.

Book TBA- The Day Azteca Stood Still
The PC travels to the apocolyptic skyway of Anahuac Skyway, largest of 4 Skyways in Azteca (Aztlan (Az-tlahn) Skyway (Home Skyway), Teotihuadon (TEE-o-TEET-whoo-don; pun on Teotihuacan) Skyway (Place of the Ancients Skyway), and Mictlan (MEEK-tlahn) Skyway (Death Skyway)). Meteors pummel the earth and builds seem scorched and ruined. The whole crew is shocked. At the horrified camp, lead by Monquel Diaz del Castillo, ex-first mate of Gortez, we learn that ten years ago, a comet came into the sky over Azteca, at least that's what the Monkeys learned. They have been stranded here for months and, after being lost from Captain Ponce de Gibbon, wish to return home and forget this failed voyage. If seeking to find the Aztecosaurs, Monquel tells you to go to Dinochtitlan (DEE-noch-teet-tlahn; pun on Tenochtitlan), massive golden city built by the Aztecosaurs from Azteca Major, Wizard101 Azteca, and major trading port in the Skyway. We should find more answers there...

[To Be Continued]

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
I've been thinking of a story on how Azteca could fit into our story. I'm thinking of things in future tense so it probably wouldn't come, if at all, until Book 17-19. Here's my synomsys (I have a long idea, so it may run over to another post):

Introduction
Marleybone has contacted the PC over an urgent matter. In the stalemate with the Aramada, the Marleybonean army as found frightening intel from Armada ships. Kane has plans to continue work on his Celestial Computations by traveling to Azteca to get an ancient text: El Codex del Oro. With it, he can further his dark plans. The Admirals fear this could give the Armada an upper advantage. They instruct the PC to speak with the Spiral Geographic Society in Barkley Square. There head leader, Sir Thurston Plunket, who is returning from a venture in Celestia, says that some of their Aztecosaurologists have been studying ancient Azteca and gives some backstory. He's not quite sure how to get there though. After speaking to the Admirals again, the crew figures we talk to Avery to see what he knows.

In Skull Island, Captain Avery explains that when the Monquisition ruled Monquista, the old King and Queen sent a fleet of ships to a skyway of Azteca, Anahuac (AN-a-WHOO-awk) Skyway (Anahuac is name of the valley, which held many other Mesoamerican tribes, the Aztecs came to), in search of the Water of Life, some ancient treasure that could make you live forever. Now that Gortez is king of Monquista, he should know how to get there. Gortez tells that the fleet went to Azteca in Gibbonia Skyway (guess on the other skyway). He would gladly give you papers to Azteca. Unfortunately (assuming that by this time we have an Orange Windstone), he instructs you'll need to get a Red Windstone in Gibbonia (would be a relatively short but challenging dungeon with other side quests in the area). Recieving the Red Windstone, we travel to Azteca to the camp the Monquistans landed in.

The PC travels to the apocolyptic skyway of Anahuac Skyway, largest of 4 Skyways in Azteca (Aztlan (Az-tlahn) Skyway (Home Skyway), Teotihuadon (TEE-o-TEET-whoo-don; pun on Teotihuacan) Skyway (Place of the Ancients Skyway), and Mictlan (MEEK-tlahn) Skyway (Death Skyway)). Meteors pummel the earth and builds seem scorched and ruined. The whole crew is shocked. At the horrified camp, lead by Monquel Diaz del Castillo, ex-first mate of Gortez, we learn that ten years ago, a comet came into the sky over Azteca, at least that's what the Monkeys learned. They have been stranded here for months and, after being lost from Captain Ponce de Gibbon, wish to return home and forget this failed voyage. If seeking to find the Aztecosaurs, Monquel tells you to go to Dinochtitlan (DEE-noch-teet-tlahn; pun on Tenochtitlan), massive golden city built by the Aztecosaurs from Azteca Major, Wizard101 Azteca, and major trading port in the Skyway. We should find more answers there...

[To Be Continued]
Within Dinochtitlan, and all of Anahuac for that matter, the PC is welcomed by tense and angered Aztecosaurs as well as downhearted and hopeless ones. Before the comet struck Azteca, tensions between the Aztecosaurs, Avions, and Jaguars grew high as talk of Shadows had invaded the World, (this would only be briefly said). With the recent aid of a heroic Magician, the ties between the tribes seem to have lesson, but now that Azteca remains on the verge of survival, the world has come to Armaggedon. Crops and buildings have been ruined. Lives have been lost. Thieves and poor desperate souls backstab one another to survive.

And to top if off, a tag team duo of the Armada's latest station, the Arsenal, lies in ominence and the return of the Twelve Lords of Xibalba cause blight and illness across the land.

Centuries ago, the Great Spirits of Azteca were confronted by the evil Lords of Xibalba. The Xibalbans, ruled by Hun-Came One Death, demanded that they have control over the force in Azteca and spread their dark energy. Quetzalcoatl, leader of the Great Spirits, would not allow this and he sent a war of the Spirits against them. The Great Spirits conquered the Xibalbans and casted them into space to take the form of a comet. That very comet, emprisoning the Twelve Lords, has returned to Azteca, and released the angered souls. Now the Twelve Lords torcher the land with illnesses and curses. They plan to entice Mictlan the Underworlder, Great Spirit of Death and ruler of the spirits of Mictlan Skyway, into giving them power to control Azteca's fallen state.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, the Armada came to Azteca. They demanded surrender of El Codex del Oro to use for their Celestial Computations or use means of force. The Aztecosaurs refused them, as they were in their own crisis and would not allow such a powerful book to fall into the wrong hands. Dispite the falling skies, the Armada remains persistant in gaining that text. They have come with a bigger, badder, and more powerful station, the Arsenal. It's built to withstand any incoming attacks and is full of millions of weapons. The Armada plans to plow through Cholula, Azteca's greatest stronghold, overcome Culhuadon (COOL-whoo-a-dahn; pun on Culhuacan), the passage island, and make it to Aztlan Skyway, a place that holds all the knowledge and history to Azteca, as well as El Codex del Oro.

Can this World be saved?

Within Dinochtitlan, the Old Wise Saur (pun intended), an old Aztecosuar of the realm, speaks of a way to save Azteca as well as gain El Codex del Oro. If someone can complete the Impossible Tasks, they will be granted praise and glory across the world. But just as the name states, it will be no easy journey...

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:

Introduction

[To Be Continued]
The Impossible Task is an old venture warriors would take in order to restore the land or become stronger and praised. The Old Wise Saur tells to visit the general, an Aztecosaur who rules as the new kings right hand man in Anahuac Skyway and can grant access to the Great Temple in the center of Dinochtitlan. A powerful spirit waits for the PC there. After completing a few humorous quests for him, the general (still thinking of Aztec names) tells more rumours and disbelief in the Impossible Task. He gives you permission to the Great Temple. Within there, the powerful spirit, Huitzil (HOO-weet-zul) Left-Handed Sunbird (I'll speak more on his role and relation to real Aztec stories later), greets you and explains what must be done for Azteca.

In order to save Azteca, the PC must travel around Azteca and restore what has been broken. The Xibalbans that have returned to fight against the Great Spirits, who are loosing! There are great Step Pyramids that tower around all of Anahuac Skyway. Pairs of Twelve Lords of Xibalba culminate at each of the Step Pyramids dedicated to the Great Spirits (still figuring which Aztec gods to choose. Quetzalcoatl is for sure one). The PC must go to each Pyramid and dispel the dark lords that haunt them as well as the areas that have been effected. This will also aid in upbringing each of the tribes (Aztecosaurs, Avions, Jaguars) and slowly die down the tension. Doing this will restore the power of the Great Spirits and delay the Xibalban spirits for the moment. But that's only half of it!

Next, we must stop the Armada from making there way to Aztlan Skyway. The Armada devastate Cholula and the end looks bleak. We must sabtoage the Arsenal and defeat the Armada from trying to get El Codex del Oro. Based off of our last endeavor, this will be no easy mission. Once getting rid of the Armada, the PC can make their way to Aztlan Skyway. Within the Skyway we go to the three islands: Aztlan, Tamoanchan, and Chicomoztoc. There we learn secrets of which I will not go into too much detail right now.

Finally, after recovering the secrets and gaining El Codex del Oro in an unsightly scramble against the Armada, the PC would return to Huitzil to go to Teotihuadon Skyway (a little harder of task than it sounds). There we must help Queztalcoatl and the Great Spirits preform a ritual that will end the falling skies and restore Azteca to it's orginal state. We'll need to go down, down, down, and down some more to Mictlan Skyway to steal bones from Mictlan the Underworlder (this relates to an actual Aztec creation legend). But we'll need to find the Aztecan Hero Twins, Hunahpu (Hoo-nah-poo) and Xbalanque (She-ball-lahn-kay), to go there as they have had experience (this relates to another story of the Mayan Hero Twins. Every class with get one of the brothers while Privateers get both).

Once we find them, we travel to Mictlan with the help of Xolotl. There we have the final showdown in an epic dungeon, fighting the Xibalbans.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Upon the defeat of the Xibalban lords and Mictlan, we secure the bones we need. Quetzalcoatl and the Great Spirits return to Teotihuadon and preform the ritual. The Meteors stop and Azteca is saved. At the end we gain the badge "Eagle Knight" as well as a few others.

There is a piece I wanted to include that I should have said in the beginning. This is a final relation to an Aztec legend which I hope most will appreciate. If this came into play, it would be loosely told, but have a major impact on the story as a whole. The general had a princess daughter who was sought after. The Princess fell deeply in love with a lowly warrior. The warrior set out to fight in the havoc world in order to gain honor to marry her. The warrior's rival became consumed by jealous and rage and kidnapped the princess. Within the princesses captivaty, she became worried that the warrior had died in battle. She becomes heartbroken. But quite the opposite happen as the warrior returned victorious. Upon hearing his rivals deed, he asks for our help to gain vengeance against him. We defeat the rival and take back the princess, but she falls deeply under an illness. During the Great Spirits ritual to save Azteca, they need a sacrifice. The sacrifice will be turned to mountains to forever watch over Azteca. The warrior and the dying princess volunteer so that forever they will be together and watch over their world. I think that's very heart warming.

Also when Huitzil tells us what we need to do, we gain a Companion to our guide around Azteca to make the pilgrimage to the Pyramids. They would be known as the Azteca 5. Due to the Tribal Crew Pack, they will not be Aztecosaurs, but Jaguars and Avions.

I really hope I didn't confuse anyone. I am aware that there is a lot to this story, but I wanted to incorrporate 3 Aztec/Mayan legends (The Aztec creation story, the Warrior and Princess story, and the Mayan Hero Twins) and fit in as much as our current story as possible. I think Azteca could fit into our story this way, but even if it won't be used in the main story arc, loosing the Armada part, it would make an excellent side world, yes? Please leave your feedback and tell me what you think. I hope you enjoyed my idea!

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
This...is...BRILLIANT. This rocks, on so many levels! You've made an entire BOOK for Ratbeard's sake, and the storyline is amazing! I doubt we'll visit Azteca anytime soon, but this would make an excellent addition to the story as a side world. Do you hear us developers?! We've got a stroke of genius right here!

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
This would be amazing. I hope we do get to Azteca.