Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer traps not working

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
Half of the time I use the privateer bomb attack with a 100% chance of making fire traps, no traps are made at all.

Administrator
TheColorOrange123 on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
Half of the time I use the privateer bomb attack with a 100% chance of making fire traps, no traps are made at all.
The language on the card for powers like "The Big Guns" has a little clue that may help you, "100% chance for Fire on enemy tiles." Although it's not immediately visible, each battle board has areas that are your team's side, neutral ground, and the enemy's side. Try aiming your Big Guns on the enemy side of the battle board, and you'll see better results.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought enemy tiles meant tiles that were occupied by an enemy (the one an enemy is standing on). I can guess how it might work in ship battles, your ship, their ship, and boarding planks being neutral. Is that right? what about land battles? Is the neutral area about the same size as boarding planks? Smaller? Does it change size on different battleboards?

Community Leader
Makes a lot of sense. I guess the "on enemy tiles" part must've been too small for me to see on my laptop. (I've got a bit of a blind side myself.)

Thanks for the clarification!

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Jack? How can you tell these tiles apart? Thanks

Administrator
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Jack? How can you tell these tiles apart? Thanks
Unfortunately you can't and each battleboard can be set up differently. (One thing is for sure, you will be able to tell you're on enemy ground if your Pirate talent activates.) Sometimes the back enemy line is very narrow and sometimes larger. The easiest place to tell (and the perfect example) would be during combat aboard an enemy ship. The enemy ship is their territory, the planks are neutral ground, and your ship is your territory.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*