Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bumbleloon help

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
So recently, I got the task to get bumbaloon meat for brother wolf. I kind of find it a hard task, seeing you have to get 8 meats. I haven't even got ONE. To be honest, I think bumbaloons are overpowered, with so much health plus flanking and 2 vengeance strikes. Can someone help me with this quest? Or, if a mod reads this, please see if lowering health by 100, plus only having one vengeance strike, will be possible. Lots of people by this time are in mid-20's, so fighting 8 bumbaloons is a hard task. Thank you.

Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
Never mind. Apparently vengeance strike 2 helps a lot.
Plus, the fact I can solo 4 privateer minions with over 1000 health kind of makes me feel unstoppable (I am level 25).

Ensign
Apr 22, 2010
I feel your pain! I recomend doing some side quests to earn gold to buy better gear.I also think that the bumbaloons shouldn't have vengence strike.I totally agree with you.Tell me your character name and we can help each other on this quest.

Sincerely, Brave Allen Dennis.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The May newsletter has some great tips for fighting these very beasts. I used the tips and they helped tremendously.
https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/newsletter/may13

Ensign
Apr 28, 2011
Spark of the land on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
So recently, I got the task to get bumbaloon meat for brother wolf. I kind of find it a hard task, seeing you have to get 8 meats. I haven't even got ONE. To be honest, I think bumbaloons are overpowered, with so much health plus flanking and 2 vengeance strikes. Can someone help me with this quest? Or, if a mod reads this, please see if lowering health by 100, plus only having one vengeance strike, will be possible. Lots of people by this time are in mid-20's, so fighting 8 bumbaloons is a hard task. Thank you.
I have some ideas... (I know I posted in a different bumbaloon thread, but I got better ideas)
  • Make sure you have plenty of health in your crew, so you can withstand the damage and health of the enemies. (Privateers have lots of health)
  • Focus your guaranteed critical attacks or better powers on the bumbaloon, so you can get rid of it fast.
  • Do whatever you can to stay alive! --
  • Musketeer: Stay out of the way of the battle, and shoot from far back (Use your "multi-tasking abitities!)
  • Buccaneer: Use your "Block 25% and/or 50% damage" power, and try to make them hit you.
  • Witchdoctor: Use your bone chant as a target, and you can use reduce damage debuffs or widow's touch to help weaken a threat.
  • Swashbuckler: Use your "hidden powers" to stay alive when you are almost dead.
  • Privateer: Heal, heal, heal!
  • When you start this quest, recruit a new companion if you can! (For witchdoctors this shouldn't be a problem.)
Hope this helped!

Bloody Nigel Templeton, Level 47

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012