Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why are satyrs so hard for some people?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
I have heard many many many people say satyrs are too hard, but i thought they were really easy. If anyone thinks they are hard tell me why so i understand why...

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Dead Eye Luke on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
I have heard many many many people say satyrs are too hard, but i thought they were really easy. If anyone thinks they are hard tell me why so i understand why...
Nothing in the game is "too hard"

There may be some limits due to the following

1.) your placement of team and how you move the map
2.) companions and level of them when fighting satrys
3.) you have not farmed to get all no auction card giving gear (which for some classes is a night and day difference in what you can do EASILY or struggle on) On my buck i can not even hit a barn door without a card :-)

Resistance to magic does not even apply to these type of battles

Community Leader
Dead Eye Luke on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
For Witchdoctors, especially solo players, Aquila's Satyrs can be surprisingly tough. They really sent me packing the first time I ran into them.

I got Old Scratch (my favorite First Mate) and Bonnie Anne, both of whom I usually keep right next to me so I can buff all of us. The Satyrs' area attacks hit all three of us every time, and their Witch Hunter talent went off on Scratch and me repeatedly - my Mojo Echo and Scratch's Echo2 triggered it over and over. My Companions were both pretty fragile too, so I quickly ended up a lone Witch being Hunted by a very angry mob. Ouch!!

After talking to a couple of other Witchdoctors who've run afoul of the Satyrs, I plan on benching both Scratch and Mormo against them and sticking to indirect attacks and buffs myself to slow down the Witch Hunters. I'll put some tougher Companions near the top - probably Ratbeard and Catbeard, maybe Toro & Monkey King - and spread out further to reduce the damage from their area attacks. Hopefully I'll manage to defeat them this time around!

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
i had no trouble during test realm (before any nerf) and in live when dealing with Satyrs on my witchdoctor.

i still believe my resist played a part in it. normal hits from satyrs was only around 150ish give or take on me vs what it did to other classes i helped out.

It also helps that i spread my companions out instead of pushing them str8 forward so we didn't all get hit at the same time every turn

Community Leader
Sierra's points are quite accurate.

I however did not find it necessary to change my companion alignment on my Witchdoctor, I found the main thing that helped me was moving my team around making sure they were spaced adequately to avoid AOE attacks. The mentioned WD companions although not far down my list, are not on the first 2 lines (other than Old Scratch) and seldom come up.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Alright thanks guys. Question answered. Because i am a musketeer and my top companions are musketeers, i am all spread out. I see that all people right next to the satyr attacking with melee would have them all get hit at one time.