Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Survivor Mode

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 26, 2009
Does anyone else think some kind of survivor mode might be fun?

Like you could pick different difficulties, or different enemies, and then try and see how many waves you can defeat before you are defeated. It could be like a mini-game type thing, but more similar to the actual game instead. It might be a nice alternative if you don't feel like questing but don't want to do PVP either. Maybe there could be some unique rewards or badges or pets or something like that.

I don't know, it just seemed like kind of a fun idea...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
To have myself pummeled to death for fun? Mmmm Maybe not.

Ensign
May 09, 2011
Thanks for mentioning Minecraft. While they're at it, they might make creative and hardcore too.

Ensign
Apr 12, 2009
umm blujewel you do realize that in minecraft survival mode is not the same as andyhanna77's idea of what "survivor" mode should be....but on the other hand i think this is a great idea maybe as you progress further into the rounds you can get better rewards and the enemies get harder as you progress

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Hmm....... Survivor Mode........ sounds pretty fun to me. I would TOTALY love that as a mini game! And i love the idea of multiple waves of people. To add on another something, i think you should be able to have all of your companions with you and you should be able to use mojo potions too. Also, like say you've won five battles, there should be like a boss fight and then that wave would be over. And if you won one wave, you should get some type of gear for your class. And before i go, the prizes should be mounts(if you do really well), boots, hats, armor/robes, pets and weapons.
Ciao for now, Silver Fiona.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
There is a series of quests given as a side quest in Cool Ranch that finish with a dungeon battle where you have to survive a certain length of rounds with increasing numbers of bad guys continually joining the fight. It is fun and can feel pretty epic when you go in with 4 pirates. It sounds like she is sugesting something like that but without the round limit.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Frozenmuskets on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
Hmm....... Survivor Mode........ sounds pretty fun to me. I would TOTALY love that as a mini game! And i love the idea of multiple waves of people. To add on another something, i think you should be able to have all of your companions with you and you should be able to use mojo potions too. Also, like say you've won five battles, there should be like a boss fight and then that wave would be over. And if you won one wave, you should get some type of gear for your class. And before i go, the prizes should be mounts(if you do really well), boots, hats, armor/robes, pets and weapons.
Ciao for now, Silver Fiona.
It'll be like fighting off hordes of zombies! Also this post better not turn into a Minecraft post because this is Pirate101, not PlanetMinecraft.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Ensign
Aug 26, 2009
Thanks for all the comments! I'm glad some of you think it's a good idea.

I've never played Minecraft before, so please don't think I'm copying that game if they have something similar. Although, survival mode ideas are quite common in games, so this idea must appear in many other games too.

I liked the ideas of round breaks where you can use mojo potions. I also liked the idea of being able to get mounts and things like that if you make it far enough!

Thanks for the input!

Ensign
Sep 30, 2012
I think this sounds great! I am really bad at pvp, but this would be a great alternative.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
BluJewel on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for mentioning Minecraft. While they're at it, they might make creative and hardcore too.
-_- -is not amused-

Seriously though, sounds pretty good to me, with the survivor mode thingy.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
Sounds more like farming Lomos for fun (talk 'bout hard and crazy!)
I actually think this would be a neat idea, I just want rare drops and such for defeating the waves

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
To have myself pummeled to death for fun? Mmmm Maybe not.
how could you say that

Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
seems like fun to test how strong you are. if I may add something how about a record to see how many waves on your best run you survived

Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
This would be really awesome! I think it would definitely be cool if you could have more than three companions with you. And mounts would be a great prize. It would be cool if this was something you could team up in too.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
back to my mvm joke if this was a bit like mvm but in pirate101 very soon I WOULD GET OFF MY BREAK AND PLAY DAT GAME!!! and find a server with it...QUICKLY

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Griffen Deverux on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
how could you say that
I guess because I like a goal or an accomplishment for my labors. When all those 'Brain Games' type games came out I thought I would love them because I Love a good puzzle or mystery to solve but I learned that my only reward for finishing a level was only to be presented with a harder one. you never finished or 'won'. It was just a constant grind to just have a better score. I like a sense of accomplishment or reward for my work. Not to just hear "Oh so you finished, well it must have been too easy. Let me make it harder for you, Buahahahaaaah"
Like I said: Mmmmm Maybe not.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I haven't played Mindcraft yet *hides face* but... this sounds familiar to a game I played called Dragons Nest Nexon, when we were able to reach a certain level, there was an area we got to go to (we only got to play 5 times a day since we got rewarded a lot after each round, and we couldn't let these little monsters destroy this monument, or us, or else it would be game over), and we would play until we got pummeled to death... is that similar to what ya'll are talking about?

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Survivor mode, aint that high level pvp?
Jusk jokin. Sounds fun plus you be able to rake in tons of prizes in one fight if you won.
Like if it was survive for 50 rounds while like twenty new enemies spawned each round you would defineately rake in the dough.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Bloody Belle on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
I haven't played Mindcraft yet *hides face* but... this sounds familiar to a game I played called Dragons Nest Nexon, when we were able to reach a certain level, there was an area we got to go to (we only got to play 5 times a day since we got rewarded a lot after each round, and we couldn't let these little monsters destroy this monument, or us, or else it would be game over), and we would play until we got pummeled to death... is that similar to what ya'll are talking about?
You spelled it wrong and it's really nothing like that. It's MINECRAFT! Also there is no objective but if you want to finish the game here you go:
You spawn in any random place. If there are no trees around make a home in the ground and kill animals after you built the home if there's not enough daylight. If there are trees, get the wood and go to your inventory to make a crafting table and then on that crafting table make the tools. If there isn't, go back to your home and start mining for stone which won't be that far down because the topsoil is around 5 blocks deep. Mine up the stone with your hand or with a wooden pickaxe you made. Once you find it, make the tools the same way you made the wooden tools. Now when you get back up to the surface; you better hoped you found wood or sheep because if you didn't, you'll have to stay up all night. On the next day, start traveling to another biome and hopefully you find sheep and trees in less than a day. Now go mine wood as fast as possible and cut down all the trees and plant new ones. With that go to your inventory if you forgot to take your crafting table with you and then start making in a home with wooden planks. Make it as big as you want but if you want to expand go ahead. You can keep on mining for minerals until you find Obsidian or keep on working on your home or both. If you do find some Obsidian, you should have found some Diamonds to and you make it the same way as stone and wood. There is also iron which you need to smelt in a furnace so that's very important to make. It also cooks your food. Now make the portal and go to the Nether. Now your main goal here is find some Blaze Rods and kill them and go as fast as you can or else you might fall into lava which you don't want because you would've wasted your time and have to find the minerals again but if you did the wise thing, you would've left some tools in a wooden chest so you wouldn't have to mine all over again. When in the Nether, make sure you brought some wood with you to make the crafting table. Once you got your Blaze Rods; hunt for Enderman that have Ender Pearls that you can make with a Blaze Rod and a Pearl the Enderman drop. Use that to locate a Stronghold and Strongholds spawn out of the Spawn to a thousand blocks max. There are also three strongholds so make sure that your home is near the spawn if possible. Make some pearls and some wooden towers so you can find your way back home. Also if it takes more than a day to get back to your home, make checkpoints and put a bed in them for you to sleep in so you can get back to walking to your home the next day. When you find the Stronghold; make sure to have a Pumpkin, Diamond Armor, and Potions or you may be doomed. To make potions; just search it up. So when you defeat the Ender Dragon; take that egg and XP with you. Have a Piston and a a few blocks to put next to the Obsidian Block so you can get the egg. Take it back with you to your home because dragons will be added ...

Captain
May 13, 2011
BluJewel on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
talk about addiction. seriously, talking about a survival mode doesnt mention minecraft at all. survival is a normal game mode where you survive until you die. hardcore doesnt actually sound like a bad idea at all. creative could be renamed sandbox (if anyone here doesnt know what sandbox means, its a mode where you customize everything so you can warm up when you actually play or experiment with different strategies/test enemies)

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Sneaky George Quar... on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
talk about addiction. seriously, talking about a survival mode doesnt mention minecraft at all. survival is a normal game mode where you survive until you die. hardcore doesnt actually sound like a bad idea at all. creative could be renamed sandbox (if anyone here doesnt know what sandbox means, its a mode where you customize everything so you can warm up when you actually play or experiment with different strategies/test enemies)
How was that addiction? She/He just thinks it sounds like Minecraft.

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
If you want something like that that's out now, besides the Cool Ranch battle mentioned earlier, you could try the battle against Commander Davis in that dungeon to get the yellow windstone in Port Regal. It's the most difficult battle I've done so far, and there are 3 waves of enemies that you have to defeat. You're idea sounds really fun, though, a good way to see how strong you are.
-Brave Samantha Nightingale lvl 56
-Sneaky Sarai Nightingale lvl 10

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Sniper Rose on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
You spelled it wrong and it's really nothing like that. It's MINECRAFT! Also there is no objective but if you want to finish the game here you go:
You spawn in any random place. If there are no trees around make a home in the ground and kill animals after you built the home if there's not enough daylight. If there are trees, get the wood and go to your inventory to make a crafting table and then on that crafting table make the tools. If there isn't, go back to your home and start mining for stone which won't be that far down because the topsoil is around 5 blocks deep. Mine up the stone with your hand or with a wooden pickaxe you made. Once you find it, make the tools the same way you made the wooden tools. Now when you get back up to the surface; you better hoped you found wood or sheep because if you didn't, you'll have to stay up all night. On the next day, start traveling to another biome and hopefully you find sheep and trees in less than a day. Now go mine wood as fast as possible and cut down all the trees and plant new ones. With that go to your inventory if you forgot to take your crafting table with you and then start making in a home with wooden planks. Make it as big as you want but if you want to expand go ahead. You can keep on mining for minerals until you find Obsidian or keep on working on your home or both. If you do find some Obsidian, you should have found some Diamonds to and you make it the same way as stone and wood. There is also iron which you need to smelt in a furnace so that's very important to make. It also cooks your food. Now make the portal and go to the Nether. Now your main goal here is find some Blaze Rods and kill them and go as fast as you can or else you might fall into lava which you don't want because you would've wasted your time and have to find the minerals again but if you did the wise thing, you would've left some tools in a wooden chest so you wouldn't have to mine all over again. When in the Nether, make sure you brought some wood with you to make the crafting table. Once you got your Blaze Rods; hunt for Enderman that have Ender Pearls that you can make with a Blaze Rod and a Pearl the Enderman drop. Use that to locate a Stronghold and Strongholds spawn out of the Spawn to a thousand blocks max. There are also three strongholds so make sure that your home is near the spawn if possible. Make some pearls and some wooden towers so you can find your way back home. Also if it takes more than a day to get back to your home, make checkpoints and put a bed in them for you to sleep in so you can get back to walking to your home the next day. When you find the Stronghold; make sure to have a Pumpkin, Diamond Armor, and Potions or you may be doomed. To make potions; just search it up. So when you defeat the Ender Dragon; take that egg and XP with you. Have a Piston and a a few blocks to put next to the Obsidian Block so you can get the egg. Take it back with you to your home because dragons will be added ...
Dude Really?