Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

pick our kracken skull companion

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 07, 2009
I would like to be able to pick the companion in kracken skull because i think some of the other ones would be better suited to me aka sarah steele :)

Community Leader
Kali Dragool on Jan 28, 2013 wrote:
I would like to be able to pick the companion in kracken skull because i think some of the other ones would be better suited to me aka sarah steele :)
You can always buy the Kraken Skulls equivalent in the Crown shop shortly after, so at least there is some option to do this.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
These companions are assigned by Pirate class.
They are designed to enhance/stretch the abilities of the pirate themselves.
However they dont necessarily fit into the players preferred style of play.

As it is, I kind of like how it changes some dynamics for each pirate class.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Yes, I like that feature - that most (maybe all) of the companions that go only to one sub-group of pirates (those whose parents were squid snacks, those who like to swing around on ropes and poison people, etc.) can be purchased by others. Or, indeed, doubled down on (my swashbuckler has Sarah and Lucy - they have a running competition to see who can skewer more opponents; Sarah has "flanking" and is pretty fair ahead of Lucy, who took "Bladestorm" instead).

I also like that the two versions, while functionally identical (assuming you pick the same talents/feats for them) are fairly easy to distinguish - Sarah and Lucy have different colored fur and dress differently.

Ensign
Jun 07, 2009
i was thinking picking it because i cant afford the crowns to buy them from the shop.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Louis I don't regret at all once I trained him to 50 and got his last promotion. He fits well with musketeers since you can lay up to three sets of mortar shells which are quite devastating. He was a pain earlier on with he promotion quests but is solid and quite tanky. Sarah I think is the best all around companion a class can get especially since coupled with lucy and the right passives you can chew through anything. I think in the end though it should stay the same. The option to buy things in the crown shop with gold should be expanded to include companions which would solve your problem.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
You can buy companions, these companions are also in relation to the class you pick.

Not sure how this is an issue or why you want to change this, it is perfectly fine the way it is. If it is not broken, dont fix it.