Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Let's All Go Fishing!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
So I thought of this idea for an activity for Pirates. For those of you who have played or still advently play Wizard101 you would remember that Gardening was another idea you could do instead of Questing or PvP and granted you gold, treasure cards, or more seeds!

In Pirate101, what if we had a Fishing activity. Like Wizard101, they're could be at least 10 levels starting and you'd would pay gold to get you're next Fishing moves.

Fishing could work where you'd find floating Bell Bouys out in the skyway, typically near or around Windlanes (regular fish like the safe Skies away from all those noisy enemy ships). There, you'd click "X" to start your fishing. You can pick your fishing lines, and lures (some stronger than others). You could also use a multitude of different Fishing spells to power or heal your line.

When fishing, you can be granted Fishing Experience to gain new levels. Also fish can be sold for an exceptional amount of gold compared to selling gear (but doing that is fine too).

Legendary Fish

Legendary Fish are mush stronger fish compared to the regular fish you'd catch out in the skies. These one can be found around the Bell Bouys out in the Skyways surrounded around battle ships (don't worry. Ships would backoff when you let your lines down.) Some Legendary Fish grant a lot of experience and gold when sold. Some can even become pets!

Trainers

You can find Trainers around Docks throughout the Spiral.

So tell me what you guys think if this an Idea worthy of doing or being part of the game.

Ensign
May 13, 2011
Yes! I love this idea!! We need something similar to Wizard 101`s gardening to keep us occupied during hard quests!

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
Captain
May 02, 2009
Well, there's fishing in another Pirate game called Pirates of the Carribean Online and the legendary fish part sounds very familiar. Maybe try Supah Fish instead. But, in that game you had a chance for a legendary fish to come along, btw how would you fish? Because in that other game, you could move your line near a fish to catch, but in two other games called Free Realms and DragonNest, catching a fish is all chance, you might catch a fish, you might find sunken treasure or reel up on old boot. And what rewards would these fish drop and what fish would we fish besides the ones we fight

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
This is a neat idea. I like the way it fits the theme of the game. Would your fishing level affect the fish you could catch?

Bosun
May 06, 2009
coolster50 on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
Well, there's fishing in another Pirate game called Pirates of the Carribean Online and the legendary fish part sounds very familiar. Maybe try Supah Fish instead. But, in that game you had a chance for a legendary fish to come along, btw how would you fish? Because in that other game, you could move your line near a fish to catch, but in two other games called Free Realms and DragonNest, catching a fish is all chance, you might catch a fish, you might find sunken treasure or reel up on old boot. And what rewards would these fish drop and what fish would we fish besides the ones we fight
Ok, here's how fishing works:
How about Epic Fish instead the old name?

What rewards would these fish drop and what fish would we get besides the ones we fight
Fish rewards include a higher amount of gold than typical dropped gold (maybe by 25-35% more), Fishing Experience, Fishing items, Rare Pets, Housing Items, and Badges.
Any fish you collect are then added to a new Fishing Compartment Page where you can see how many of one species you have. Fish can be sold to local venders around the Spiral for more gold than gear and items!

Some fish ideas I thought of are: Clown Fish (looks like a clown), Angel Fish (has angel wings), Hawk Fish (the upper part has the head of a hawk and hawk wings), Spring Ray (the tail looks like a spring), Vampire Squid (a squid with a Dracula twist), Parrot Fish (colorful fish with parrot wings), Rainbow Trout, Sea Urchin, Lobster, King Crab, Spider Crab, Frog Fish, Goblin Shark, Red Earring (A fish with red earrings on), Goat fish (has the head of a goat), Butterfly Fish (has butterfly wings), Frown-dler (a flounder that frowns), Dollar Fish (a litteral swimming dollar), Dog Fish, Cat Fish, Common Cod, Silver Oar fish, Shrimp, Cuddle Fish, Gold Fish, etc. The list goes on. Regular Fish are ranked in difficulty from Rank 1-10.

Epic Fish could be The Leviathan, Skirens, Megalodon, Gemin-Eye, Capricon, Unicorn Fish, Sun Fish, Giant Sky Squid, Great Night Shark, Tiger Shark, Picises, Celestial Fish, Darwin Marlin, Lion Fish etc. Most are ranked 11-15.

How does Fishing work?
When you cast your line over, the camera decends down into the skies below the clowns. That's where the fish lie! On the left side of the screen is a green bar. That's your Line's heath. Your line will take damage as you try to reel in fish (watch out for fish of a higher rank than you!) At the base is all you're fishing skills as well as Lurers you can change out (some attract more fish/specific fish then others). To the right side of screen is your Depth Meter. This will tell you how far you've gone down. You can reach farther depths as you level up. When you hook a fish you're now in Fishing Combat. Your reel automatically moves upward, but the fish will fight to break free or move down. That's when you can use your fishing skills to fight back. Some I've thought of could be:
Sea Shield: -25% damage on Line
Sushi Slice: 1x Fishing Damage on Fish slows fish down
Enchanted Fish: Fish does not fight back for 3 feet
Heal-o-Line: Minor Heal to Line
Shock: 1x Fish Damage. Fish calms for 5 ft
I have to think up some more but these are just a few I thought of that are based off of the classes. Obviously they get much stronger as you meet vendor throughout the Spiral. Fish found in deeper waters are stronger than the ones found near the surface.
As Fish in different worlds, remember that the rank of fish (mostly ranked 1-10) defers from world to world, skyway to skyway. The Fish in Skull Island could be rank 1-3 but the ones in Mooshu could be 9-10.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
This is very interesting!!!

I would love to have a dock at my house to just fish around and sell them or earn gold/trophies.