Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witchdoctor's Room

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 24, 2012
Please feel free to post questions and tips here for witchdoctors. Anybody have any good tips on how to spend practice points as a witchdoctor? I have already used one on the light armor talent but I have a few more to spend.

Ensign
Oct 24, 2012
Best way to spend practice points for a witchdoctor? Anybody?

Community Leader
My Witchdoctor is 18th level. Not sure about a "best" second class but I've been picking up the Privateers' epic powers so far, at least up to the group heal one. I haven't gotten Light Armor yet, usually I let Ratbeard or Kan Po stay up front taking most of the hits while I'm slinging spells from a safe distance. Ratbeard's Hold the Line talent's also handy for getting enemies into a tight group where I can zap them all at once with Gunnery (from Privateers) and Mojo Strikes.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Community Leader
Well I have found it useful to train Privateer as a secondary up through Refresh. Skipping slashy weapons.

After that, well I havent found any particular school to pursue that would be helpful, this will leave you a lot of unused practice points!!! I think that once they introduce some combo weapons for witchdoctors (which they've said are coming soon) this will make use of these practice points a bit more focused. Staffy/Shooty? Muskateer Staffy/Smashy? Buccaneer.. Staffy/Stabby... Swashbuckler... etc.

Not wanting to have to "reset" my points later, im holding onto them until these combo weapons become available. I am personally thinking that Muskateer would be a great follow up with its range attacks.

OFxSaint
Silent Sam Stern - Level 50 - Witchdoctor

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
Personally I'm a Buccaneer on Pirate101, I find the Witchdoctor really similar to the death school on Wizard101, which I actually started with when playing Wizard101 a few days before Celestia came out. I picked my secondary school to be life, which can heal, and i notice that the Privateer class seems similar to life school for being able to heal. So i think you Witchdoctors should try to spend training points on the healing talents from the Privateer class, and maybe the tough talent which gives you +10 HP.

Be seeing ye in the Spiral and Skyways.
Pirate101 character: Humble Jack Jackson, currently lvl 11
Wizard101 characters: Paul Legenddreamer, lvl 79 death
Jack Legenddreamer, lvl 53 balance
Aedan Legenddreamer, lvl 37 fire

Ensign
Oct 24, 2012
Ok, sounds like Privateer is the way to go. Thanks for the help guys!

Ensign
Jan 16, 2011
I have found Priveteer to be a realy good second class for withchdocters because of the healing spells.