Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

new school

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 07, 2011
you could have an assassins guild in the game too. they could be super stealthy and when a musketeer has his overdraw or whatever its called well the assassin could not be affected by it. who agrees with pirate assassins

Community Leader
It seems like the Swashbucklers, with their stealth abilities, already fit this role. I was trying hard to come up with what type of character that could be added to the game and kind of drew a blank. The only two additional classes I could think of were Commodore (buffing/debuffing that mainly fights through manipulation of the board, buffing allies and debuffing foes) and Bombadier (throws explosives) but most of what would make these classes unique are already covered to a certain extent in Privateer, Musketeer and Buccaneer.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
strongblood15 on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
you could have an assassins guild in the game too. they could be super stealthy and when a musketeer has his overdraw or whatever its called well the assassin could not be affected by it. who agrees with pirate assassins
They are called swashbucklers who have poison and hide in shadows and backstabbing and even throw knives. I am up for another class, but assassins are not a new class they are swashbucklers and a ton of gear is around to make players look like assasins.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2011
no what i mean is they should change the name from swashbucklers to assassins, it would be much better

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
strongblood15 on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
no what i mean is they should change the name from swashbucklers to assassins, it would be much better
Swashbucklers are a well known version of pirates (throughout history), so I am not sure how you could take that out of a pirate game.