Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions don't want to "Represent"

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
Dear One-Eyed Jack (Or whomever it may concern)
'Tis been a few days since I took pittance on the Cutthroat Pirate, Din Dorsal, and bribed him (quite heavily) to join my crew. However, after a short while sailing the seas, I noticed that he wasn't yet bearing the colors of my crew's jolly roger. When I confronted him about it though, all he did was make excuses and say "You better remember this moment, Pirate, when you tried to make Fin Dorsal wear tacky red pantaloons". I feel as if for some reason, he might not want to be associated with me and my crewmates. Be there any way I (or someone else) can convince him to show a little more team spirit?
~Regard from, A concerned young cap'n

Translation: After purchasing Fin Dorsal from the Crowns Shop, I was dismayed to find he did not change the colors of his uniform to match my flag. Goronado and the Valvidas do not change their colors, either, and probably others I do not know of. Is there any hope that this might be "fixed"? (Assuming it wasn't intentional)

Administrator
ROFL! Thanks for the entertaining post. I'll make sure to see if it's working as intended or not.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
FYI The Troggy High Chief, Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah, does change into crew colors if you unlock & hire him. Apparently troggies are part chameleon - his whole skin color changed rather than his gear!

As a boss he's blue with white spots and white hands & feet. My crew version is bright red all over with black "trim" flippers. I'd thought he'd stay blue but his belt might be red, or his wand or maybe even his hat would change - changing his whole body was a big surprise.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
Sierra Starsong on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
FYI The Troggy High Chief, Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah, does change into crew colors if you unlock & hire him. Apparently troggies are part chameleon - his whole skin color changed rather than his gear!

As a boss he's blue with white spots and white hands & feet. My crew version is bright red all over with black "trim" flippers. I'd thought he'd stay blue but his belt might be red, or his wand or maybe even his hat would change - changing his whole body was a big surprise.
I figured the Troggy minions would change their skin color - as you recall, the first Troggies you fight are predominantly blue, then later you see white ones, then orange ones, and so on. I purchased him too; he is bright red and his hands/feet are a darker red. Would have been cooler if it were reversed, but that's my crew's flag for me.

I figured Goronado would have his pants change color because Gortez has red/yellow ones when you fight him, but in Zenda he is grey...But that wasn't the case.

Ensign
Oct 23, 2011
El Christo on Nov 1, 2012 wrote:
Dear One-Eyed Jack (Or whomever it may concern)
'Tis been a few days since I took pittance on the Cutthroat Pirate, Din Dorsal, and bribed him (quite heavily) to join my crew. However, after a short while sailing the seas, I noticed that he wasn't yet bearing the colors of my crew's jolly roger. When I confronted him about it though, all he did was make excuses and say "You better remember this moment, Pirate, when you tried to make Fin Dorsal wear tacky red pantaloons". I feel as if for some reason, he might not want to be associated with me and my crewmates. Be there any way I (or someone else) can convince him to show a little more team spirit?
~Regard from, A concerned young cap'n

Translation: After purchasing Fin Dorsal from the Crowns Shop, I was dismayed to find he did not change the colors of his uniform to match my flag. Goronado and the Valvidas do not change their colors, either, and probably others I do not know of. Is there any hope that this might be "fixed"? (Assuming it wasn't intentional)
What I really wonder is how you get the bosses as companions, can anyone tell me?

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
EcoMagic853 on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
What I really wonder is how you get the bosses as companions, can anyone tell me?
They become available in the crowns shop after completing certain quests and/or reaching certain levels.

Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
I've found another Companion who dislikes showing enthusiasm for his crew. Moresco De Valvida changes his shirt to match yours...That is until he promotes. The Flying Monquistador Sorcerer seems to always sport purple. One-Eyed Jack, I be havin' need of yer magic again!