Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Last time on Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 30, 2009
I like the "Last time on Pirate101" reminder when we log in. It provides a good bookmark as to which quest was active last, as I have many open quests. I like that feature - so thanks! :)

Developer
Glad you like it!

Very early on, Todd and I tried to come up with as many ways to strengthen and improve the narrative as we could - this was one of the things we aimed for. The final implementation wasn't that difficult, and I'm happy to say the end result is pretty darn effective.

Community Leader
Blind Mew on Oct 26, 2012 wrote:
Glad you like it!

Very early on, Todd and I tried to come up with as many ways to strengthen and improve the narrative as we could - this was one of the things we aimed for. The final implementation wasn't that difficult, and I'm happy to say the end result is pretty darn effective.
I agree. Always nice in a game like this, that has so many distractions in the form or sidequests and minigames etc., to be at least reminded where the main story lies.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Glad you like it!

Can it be skipped?
These messages seem to hold up any actions a pirate may be trying to make.
Its like pay attention to us, or exit... lol

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
That is also a favorite of mine! I hope it gets added to Wizard 101 too! It helps to keep the storyline fresh in my head and makes it more interesting to play.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2011
Glad you like it!

I like the reminders but i think there should be an option to skip it.
For example, one time my laptop powered down on me. In 2 minutes i was back on the game and it gives me the reminder AGAIN. I also like how the other characters can speak while you move at times unlike in W101 where you constantly have to wait or click next although i wish there could be an option to skip when you want to talk to an NPC because the game can't handle to voice overs at once. If an option to skip the overhead voiceover existed i would much appreciate it.

Thanks guys

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
Is it supposed to stop at some point? I'm in like the middle of Cool Ranch and I don't get that narrative anymore.

Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
When I hear "last time on pirate 101" i makes me feel like i'm part of a movie! lol Its cool. Like ya know, Last time on .......... we left off at..........

Jacob Parker Lvl:9

Captain
May 02, 2009
mollyann812000 on Oct 26, 2012 wrote:
I like the "Last time on Pirate101" reminder when we log in. It provides a good bookmark as to which quest was active last, as I have many open quests. I like that feature - so thanks! :)
I LOVE that feature. It always makes me feel like I'm watching episode x of Pirate101. Btw, how cool would it be if KingsIsle made a book seires based off the main storylines of Pirate101 and Wizard101 using their honorary members?

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
Noble Wolf on Oct 27, 2012 wrote:
Is it supposed to stop at some point? I'm in like the middle of Cool Ranch and I don't get that narrative anymore.
The narrative only appears after having been logged out for more than 24 hours I believe. So if you are not receiving the narrative, make sure you have been logged out for a day.