Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Game Not Responding

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 03, 2011
Ok so I play wizard101 and have archmage's of every class and the game works 110% fine.
But when I try to play Pirate101 the game is so slow, doesn't respond have the time, and parts of the map
keep disappearing. Like the walls and the floor and the ships and other players! Why is this?
If wizard101 works fine then why will this one not work properly? I can't even move in the game hardly and do anything cause the game keeps freezing. I: What is up with that?

(Please Note)
Wizard101 Works Perfectly Fine So This One Should To

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
The game sounds overloaded...switch to a perfect realm and you should have no trouble.

Ensign
Nov 15, 2009
I have been experiencing the same problem, and have tried the usual solutions: reduced or turned off all video options, switched realms, log out and and back in again a few minutes later. I've tried playing after midnight and at 5:30 am.

All seem to help incrementally - but even at 5:30 am with all video options turned to minimum value, and playing in Ravenseye Realm, the screen lag is so great that the game is pretty much unplayable.

I can play three Wizard 101 accounts simultaneously with no problem. I think the problem is not on my end....

Administrator
Note the System requirements for Pirate101 are slightly higher than Wizard101; however, you might want to consider contacting our support to see if they have any ideas that could help.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/system_requirements

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 15, 2009
jongeleur on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
I have been experiencing the same problem, and have tried the usual solutions: reduced or turned off all video options, switched realms, log out and and back in again a few minutes later. I've tried playing after midnight and at 5:30 am.

All seem to help incrementally - but even at 5:30 am with all video options turned to minimum value, and playing in Ravenseye Realm, the screen lag is so great that the game is pretty much unplayable.

I can play three Wizard 101 accounts simultaneously with no problem. I think the problem is not on my end....
I agree with youyesterday the game worked great and today I finally had to quit the game and so did my friends. I too have all options either at low or turned off, switched realms, logged out and back in to no avail. Also I keep getting stuck at the transition from Skull Island skyway to tradewinds skyway sigh

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
Wondering if something happened during the last update? I've been on the sign in page since 7:54. It's now 9:33 and I'm just now to the last bit that has to load. The longest loading time was during the "Patching.../ameData/Mob-Worl" which lasted almost an hour, although this last part, "Patching Data/ Game Data/Root" is looking to be taking awhile, as well.

The first time I tried, I gave up after about 10 minutes and restarted the login. That didn't work so I completely restarted my computer and retried the sign in again. Now I'm just sitting and waiting and hoping that this will actually load and let me on!

Hope this is a one time thing. Usually I'm on within a minute or so when I log in. Sigh.

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
Update:

Ugh! It's 9:56 now and I just got in after two hours loading the sign in screen.

So, I'm in but can't see my character or my ship. I can see everything else. I went to a low populated realm, I turned off everything I can turn off...can't see my character or ship.

I'm really frustrated right now. What happened in that update?

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
Update 2:

Ok, six hours, (that is not a typo, SIX hours), later, I finally was able to get in the game and see my character and ship.

Since I left off at Boot Hill in Cool Ranch, to enter the crypt, I decided to try it.

Nightmare.

First I had to wait an eternity for everything to stop loading. While it did, game was constantly freezing. Finally I was able to make it in to the crypt.

Got to the first chest and first fight. Every 5 seconds, the game froze.

The fight set up map was not working. I could see me and my first mate but not my other two companions. I could not see the enemies, could only see red squares. I aimed everything at them and when it came time for the attack to show, it showed myself and my first mate aiming backwards.

It didn't show my other two companions doing anything nor the enemies attacking. Then I would see the fight map again and set up again. Repeat everything. Towards the end, I could finally see my other two companions. Keep in mind that the entire time doing this, the game froze every five seconds.

Repeat this same thing for all of the fights in the crypt.

Finally got done with that. Go outside to talk to the spirit and Tonka. Never did see them. Have no idea if I was supposed to see them.

Get off Boot Hill to go to Scorpion rock, ship froze. All I saw were clouds. Next thing I know, I'm in an onboard fight. Grrr. Flee, go back to Boot Hill. Finally made it to a ship lane. Inched along. Game freezing constantly.

Get to the yellow wind lane from the pink one, steer towards it, it puts me in the opposite direction and has me involved in a ship battle. Freeze, freeze, freeze, can't move. Can't do anything.

Finally, it releases and I high tail it to Scorpion Rock. Again, game froze every five seconds. This entire process took an hour. An hour. I finally gave up.

Not a fun time in Pirate101 today.

Administrator
SerenityCatME,

I'm going to contact you over email. Our support would like to get a couple files from you.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 15, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
SerenityCatME,

I'm going to contact you over email. Our support would like to get a couple files from you.
I have responded to your email with both files attached. Thanks

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
SerenityCatME,

Hi One Eyed Jack:

Wanted to update on what has been going on since I sent all those files to the techs and you. I understand they are still looking in to it but I've been having Pirate101 withdrawals so I've made two more attempts to play. Good news is, we are down to about 10-20 minutes to sign on and in to the game where I can see my character.

Because I reinstalled, there's a lot of loading going on. A lot! This is ok when I'm on land and enter a new area because I'm not typically being slaughtered the second I land in a port or enter the town. I can wait it out and just look around, (although it does freeze a bit during this loading), and enjoy the art work. Have to say, I've really been enjoying the artwork and seeing the attention to detail. I'm really impressed with the artists and all the little things they think of.

Anyway, knowing that I might be told, "It's your computer", I have double, triple and quadruple checked everything and it is well within the system requirements. I even checked my memory using Task Manager and when I have nothing open, I have almost 1GB of memory free to use which is over half what is required for the game. PLENTY of disk space and my intel card is twice the amount required....so, I don't think it's me. Add to the fact that everything worked great before the last update. Regardless, I went ahead and dumped some programs I don't use, did a CC cleaner on my disk space and registries anyway...no difference.

Because I've spent so much time standing around waiting for things to load or purposely going in to stores, trainers, buildings, etc., (because more will load if I do this), the on land stuff is getting a bit better. Still some freezing, still a bit of time for things to show but getting a bit better.

The sky ways though? Oy! They will give me heart failure. It's almost impossible for me to navigate these sky ways without freezing for long periods of time. I end up in some onboard battle or I am attacked by a ship...or, my favorite, I'm tooling along in the ship lane, the game freezes and when I finally get to move again, I'm thrown way off course in some random direction and it takes me a minute or two, (because of freezing even after this), to figure out where I am.

Anyway, that's the update. I'm guessing techs are off on the weekend, unlike you who is always here.

I'm really missing this game. =(

Ensign
Dec 08, 2011
I seem to be having the same issues. My game freezes a lot and for the past 2 days, I have not been able to play much at all. Doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing, the game will only play for half a minute, then will kick me off.

My Wizard 101 game works fine, I have a fairly new computer and a good system so I am wondering what is going on?