Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Something I came up with after closing my computer

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Yo what if there were fights where we play as some other guy

Ok so this'd be like a bunch of Stormzilla fights in a row. You visit this guy named like Joe or something in prison, and then you get to control him and walk him through a dungeon, and kill security guards and other prisoners, eventually freeing him. You make him walk through the door at the end, fade to loading screen thing, fade to next scene: You're outside the prison, back in control of your own pirate, and the guy named like Joe or something is an NPC there. You talk to him again, and then he joins your crew.

Cool right? I gtg to sleep now

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Joe? Killing security guards? This doesn't sound very thought out, but I do like the general idea of playing as a different person for a dungeon or two

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
dk4vision on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
Joe? Killing security guards? This doesn't sound very thought out, but I do like the general idea of playing as a different person for a dungeon or two
you're right, it wasn't very thought out, it was past midnight here and i had to get up at 5 for jazz band, so i didnt want to waste my time thinking away.

also it doesnt have to be a prison, that was just an example. i was thinking of that scene in kung fu panda where the bad guy breaks out of jail.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
you're right, it wasn't very thought out, it was past midnight here and i had to get up at 5 for jazz band, so i didnt want to waste my time thinking away.

also it doesnt have to be a prison, that was just an example. i was thinking of that scene in kung fu panda where the bad guy breaks out of jail.
Maybe we and our companions could prevent "Joe" from busting out?

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
:( but i want a companion

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
Or maybe we get ourselves into a little "situation" and we're in an Armada jail cell again and are unable to play on our characters, but one of our other companions managed to escape and we're playing as one of them for a while (say our MooShu companion? I really want to play as Subodai. Or our First Mate, since typically they would be the one in charged if something happens to the captain), and we fight with their powers till the end for a couple dungeons. It's not until we finish those dungeons will we get our characters back (making this priority, or you could just walk around as Bonnie Anne for a little while )...

Or maybe... like in the Moo Manchu tower, our character is "brainwashed" into a powerless state and forced to follow the Boss to another room and we have to play with our companions for a while till we reach the end of the dungeon and defeat the boss, releasing our main character back into our control!!!

As you can probably tell, I've thought about this topic a lot even before the Moo Manchu tower, but never thought it could be possible for this game. However, now that I think about spells like Charm and whatever happens to our character when we drink the "elixir" in that tower, makes me wonder if such a thing is possible for KI to do and if they're actually thinking about expanding this idea for the future (BIG what-if).

Maybe we can add this idea to "RatBeard's Rumors" if he decides to comment on this topic, whether he confirms it or not lol